Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Trader Vic's Big Shot Valuation

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hi everyone. I would like to find the value of these three mugs, which I want to put up for sale soon. They were puchased by my father at Trader Vic's in Chicago in the 1980s. These are the ceramic Big Shot mugs stamped "Trader Vic's 1979 Japan" on the bottom. All three are in great shape, free of chips and cracks.

I've looked on eBay and elsewhere, but I can't any of this particular version for sale or even having been sold, so I have no idea where to price them. The older green glass and metal Sure Shot mugs are selling for several hundred dollars per set; not sure if these are likely to be as valuable as that. Note that I do not use eBay for sales, so I can't let bidders determine the price. I'll be listing only on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace and I'll need to set a fixed price. I'd appreciate any thoughts you have on the value of these items. Also...better to sell them individually or as a set of three? Thanks very much for your help!TV1

I bought 2 like this last year directly from Trader Vic's online shop for $85 each. Probably could get more via eBay or so at maybe $150-200 each

Excellent info! I appreciate the reply. Thanks very much!

Pages: 1 2 replies