Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Beachcomber Marble Shooter

Pages: 1 4 replies

TS

A really cool Home of The Zombie Marble Shooter with stand. Great graphics esp. dancing Tiki idol top right.

Anybody aware of any similar game type items associated with The Beachcomber ?

DonnShooter

There are a LOT of these fakes coming out of Canada lately. It’s like EMMATWOSHOES is back.

BeachcomberMenuFair point, be good to know if any specific criteria to help determine if real or fake.

In this case interesting to note doesn't claim to be Don the Beachcomber but rather The Beachcomber which was a Canadian Tiki chain of restaurants. My bet from seeing the piece is that it is genuine and unlikely anybody would waste time trying to fake a Canadian Tiki chain line of products. Now of course easy to give the false impression that The Beachcomber is related to Don The Beachcomber.

Another example below of currently listed The Beachcomber artifacts on ebay. I would also vouch this is genuine. Now of course the claim of being home of the Zombie somewhat suspect :) But if just referring to Canada perhaps true.

https://mytiki.life/tiki-bars/the-beachcomber-5#&gid=1&pid=1

[ Edited by Tiki Snow on 2023-10-08 07:14:36 ]

[ Edited by Tiki Snow on 2023-10-08 07:23:58 ]

IMG_1607

Yeah, AS IF this TAHITIAN LANAI one is real vintage too. I know it ISN’T since I never seen one before a few months ago and I wrote Waikiki Tiki: Art, History, and Photographs.

So no, these are NEW fakes EMMAONESHOE.

[ Edited by Phillip Roberts on 2023-10-08 13:40:43 ]

Much appreciated Thanks Phillip

Pages: 1 4 replies