Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

House of Favors tiki mug manufacturer / Hawaiian inn?

Pages: 1 0 replies

I’ve been looking at some of my mug collection and have been wondering if maybe the same Japanese manufacturer that made the House of Favors, single wall mugs, also made the Hawaiian Inn mugs. I’ve always just always assumed Hawaiian inn knife mugs were OMC but I’ve never found one with an OMC sticker.
Here’s my thinking:

The yellow south seas “ love potion” moai mug I have has its HF sticker and I’ve seen other yellow mugs with their stickers

The black one is only stamped Japan but it’s and exact copy in scale and shape ( see pics below) and I’ve never seen one with an HF sticker - when I first found it 20 some years ago I assumed it was an OMC mug.

The Hawaiian Inn knife and paddle mugs have the same Japan stamp on their bottoms and I’ve never seen one with an OMC sticker. ( or other manufacture marking)

The only other mug I know to have this stamp is the “ mt Fuji inn” moai and it’s non branded counter parts in green blue and tan. IMG_5284! IMG_7540

IMG_5290IMG_5291IMG_5292IMG_5293

I’d love to hear others thoughts- Does anyone have a manufacturer branded Hawaiian Inn mug? Or a black “love potion mug”? Or Mt Fuji mug? Does anyone else know of mugs with the same Japan stamp?

IMG_5273IMG_5274

We can even open up the discussion further to people’s thoughts on if the single wall and double wall mugs came from the same manufacturer?

IMG_5294

[ Edited by MoaiKing on 2023-06-30 10:43:54 ]

[ Edited by MoaiKing on 2023-12-10 03:09:04 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies