Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Savage Seas - Los Angeles, CA (Updated 1/22/24)

Pages: 1 25 replies

Hey gang. I finally made it over here and decided to post. Here's my home bar Savage Seas (SavageSeasTiki on Instagram) I've posted in the tiki groups on FB and on Reddit so you may recognize my bar, but this is my first post on Tiki Central. The original tiki build was done in Late 2020/Early 2021 by my good friend Nick (Echo Island Tiki) and my girlfriend and I. The original space is a nearly 350sq ft guest house/studio in our backyard. We spent about a month on the tiki portion of the build (a contractor had spent about 3 months converting the space to code with plumbing for the bathroom and sinks, drywall, and electrical because of crazy stipulations surrounding the grandfathered permit for the structure). image0 (3)image3 (2)image2 (3)image1 (6)image0 (4)image5image4image3 (1)image2 (2)image1 (5)

[ Edited by SavageSeasTiki on 2023-08-30 08:01:16 ]

[ Edited by SavageSeasTiki on 2023-08-30 08:01:27 ]

[ Edited by SavageSeasTiki on 2024-01-22 08:06:10 ]

Spectacular space, wow.

R

Stunning! This puts some commercial bars we've been in to shame! Bravo... well done... just an amazing space. Enjoy it!!!

H
Hearn posted on Wed, Jun 28, 2023 3:05 PM

A+

Spectacular.

Love it! Very cool! Mahalos a plenty for sharing it!

Great bar! I have to ask, is the tiki by the door the one that the United Airlines one was based on?!

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Jun 29, 2023 11:00 PM

Wowie wow wow. This is marvelous. Thank you for sharing your space with TC. You should be very proud.

S

Saw this when you posted on Reddit. Just incredible.

incredible, ok been said. marvelous, ok been said. Great, very cool, also been said, Spectacular, Stunning, ok been both been said.

Superb job, I probably would never leave the house. :-)

Love the little things going on. The pith helmet with arrows in it? Imma steal that idea :)

Amazing

Nothing I could possibly say could do this home Tiki bar justice. To say I am beyond impressed is an understatement. I can honestly say to me this is my reference home Tiki bar. Thanks for sharing a truly inspiring thread. I have yet to begin construction of my home Tiki bar but I will be remembering many aspects of this design.

Fantastic job! Your post on reddit is one of the things that finally got me to start seriously working on my space instead of just talking about it for years.

[ Edited by UnkleChewie on 2023-08-12 20:26:17 ]

Wow. Spectacular.

Among many other things, I love the bamboo on the bar front!

Back to look a second time

Still amazing

Hey everybody. Just popping back here to share some lighting updates since the original post photos were taken. First we were fortunate to secure one of RockNRoll Woody's often imitated Double Drums. I was happy to wait for this one. Woody is busy as hell for a reason. image0 (7) Next we got 2 of MadEyes Forbidden Reef's Rum Bottle Floats. Mary Beth makes the best floats period. People don't talk enough about lampmakers that make small lamps that you can tuck into little corners to add dimension. These are perfect for that. I wish more makers made small lamps. CommodoreNCo and Mary Beth are really cornering the market. image1 (9) Next one was a Holy Grail score. We were blessed by the antique gods and found a PAIR of these pristine 1960s Pele's Hut lamps made by Orchids of Hawaii for the Sea & Jungle Shop in LA. I still have an extra one of these lamps that I need to figure out what to do with. ALSO...This lamp took the place of an original Oceanic Arts Tahitian Shade. You can see it in the original post pics above. I don't have room for the Tahitian Shade currently and if anyone has an Oceanic Arts Kooboo Cane Shade with the Tapa and wants to trade, please reach out to me. image2 (5) And just for a bonus, I don't have it hung yet because I'm currently reproducing the bottom cover for it, but I was able to secure an Orchids of Hawaii Shell lamp from the 70s in a trade last week. It's heavy as hell but we will make it work. image0 (8)

The opposite is more likely true. Smokin Tikis made these and still makes these to this day probably inspired by the old United Hawaii travel agency tiki. They were sold at Oceanic Arts and a few other places including from Smokin Tikisโ€™ booths at all the tiki marketplaces. This one came raw from OA and I used a light walnut stain on it.

This is beautiful!

Amazing photography of the space too.

Amazing space amd so much to see. Absolutely love it.

New year, new lamps. I was able to secure 3 vintage Orchids of Hawaii lamps to add to Savage Seas. First one was one I'd had my eye on for a long time. It was kind of a white whale for me. The bamboo face cutout with the woven hat. Orchids Face The next one was another white whale, the flattened shell chandelier. Orchids Flat Shell The last one was kind of a bonus. The bamboo fish cutout. Orchids Fish And finally for just to continue off my last post, I was able to track down the original crushed glass bottom for the giant round shell Orchids of Hawaii lamp and now it's hanging finally. Orchids Round Shell

[ Edited by SavageSeasTiki on 2024-01-22 08:51:32 ]

The Savage Seas just keeps getting better and better... still my reference home Tiki bar. You guys have raised the bar so high you practically need the Webb telescope to see it. Keep up the awesome work... it is beyond inspiring.

Wow looks great ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

N
Nurbel posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2024 7:18 AM

Wow, those are great lights. Great photography too, they look amazing as does the entire bar.

M
Maleko posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2024 1:54 PM

Hard to believe something this awesome can come together so quickly. Well done and outstanding.

Your home bar sounds like an amazing project, and Savage Seas is such a cool name! It's fantastic that you've put so much effort into creating a fnaf space with such a unique and immersive theme.

[ Edited by jeffreestar on 2024-05-02 19:46:39 ]

Pages: 1 25 replies