Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Rare Jim Casey Polynesian Wahine Carving

Pages: 1 0 replies

Aloha!

I'm offering for sale on eBay a striking, stylized, 1991 art deco influenced 29" inch tall carving of a Polynesian wahine by master sculptor and tiki carver Jim Casey, on a heavy pink marble base.

If you're not familiar with Casey's work, just do a search on the name Jim Casey in the TC Forum and have fun researching him.

Jim's superb work graced many vintage tiki temples including The Luau, the Kona Kai, Aloha Jhoe's and many many more. His tikis also populated the tropical area of the legendary amusement pier Pacific Ocean Park. And his work can be seen every day at Disneyland in the Jungle Cruise Adventure where he sculpted many of the animals, and some of his tikis can be visited in the atrium of San Diego's Crowne Plaza Hotel. Last but not least, his impressive work for films can be seen in the interiors of the Tyrell Corporation in 'Blade Runner' and in 'Apocalypse Now' where Jim carved the ornate decorations on the Vietnamese temples.

And on a personal note, Jim was my dad's closest friend, and Jim himself gave me this statue several years before his death.

Finally, here is the link to my eBay ad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Jim-Casey-Polynesian-Wahine-Carving-29-High-including-2-Marble-Base/182952641198

Cheers and Mahalo

Pages: 1 0 replies