Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Dick Moano´s "Introducing original Polynesian tropical bar recipes ... mai tai, navy grog 1963

Pages: 1 2 3 142 replies

S

My copy found its way to Germany, too! Thanks again, Beau, for your efforts and your kind conversation! What a great find. I already mixed the "Never say die", and it was awsome!

Aloha,
Semyon

Are there many booklets left? And can you ship it to Finland?

G
Gibbo posted on Wed, Mar 19, 2014 2:56 AM

Thanks for letting me buy one of these great books Ron, I really appreciate it. Payment sent today.

Mahalo,
Gibbo

[ Edited by: Gibbo 2014-03-19 02:57 ]

The Tiki Gods (aka USPS) delivered my package on Monday and it is awesome!! It looks like it was just delivered from the printers.

Thanks so much for this piece of history!

• Dale

Got mine too! Thank you so much for thinking about the tiki community. You are a true hero.

Hello My Tiki Friends,
Wanted to again let you know that all orders have been shipped as of today. All have USPS tracking numbers ( Including International ) and will show up in your PayPal account and probably an e-mail from them. I still have some booklets left, and have held back a little on e-Bay sales so that most here that have an interest can get one.
Thanks Again - :)
Ron "Beau" Turnbow

My booklet arrived this week. It looks fantastic, crisp and fresh and ready to be used. Mahalo for thinking of us tikiphiles.

RB

Just Pay Pal-ed you, thanks for doing this!

G
Gsc posted on Fri, Mar 21, 2014 2:30 PM

Just paypaled the money. Looking forward to making many of the drinks! Thanks

Big bad Beau- got it today!
Super fast shipping and it looks great.
Awesome addition to my bar.

Thank you very much

Today is my Friday
So I can start mixing tonight :)

Jon

C

MAHALO for offering these up! Paypal just sent :D

Doubled the orgeat to Two Dashes

Good one...

Cheers BBB

Love all the GREAT Reply's from those of you that have ordered this soon to be extinct booklet. You are making Me and my Dad Proud! LOVE THE TIKI LIFESTYLE!!
I still have 35-40 booklets left before they are gone. Now would be a good time to order one for $20 by making a PayPal payment to [email protected] :)
Thank you ALL so much for this opportunity to Hang Out with SPECIAL PEOPLE!!
Ron "Beau" Turnbow
Adding a few images from the booklet for those that do not have one YET! :)

:)

I received mine! Thanks for sending it so fast and in such amazing condition. Loving it.

Menus from tiki restaurants can easily sell for over $100. Here's something that has a much cooler history, has lots of recipes in it, in perfect condition, and it's written by two people who helped create the tiki world we all know and love. A pretty awesome deal if you ask me. One of my favorite things about this book is that you can make most of the drinks in it with a handful of common ingredients—unlike many of the tiki recipe books that call for obscure components.

Received my copy a few days ago...this is awesome, thanks!

This is so cool, can't wait for mine to arrive! What essentially made me order this was that someone mentioned it has a another Never Say Die recipe and I've always been intrigued by that drink for some reason. How many Beachcomber drinks does this booklet approximately have?

[ Edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-03-30 22:20 ]

I loved these videos. Must be great memories.

Just arrived today, this is so awesome. Thank you again so much!

M

Hi Ron,

I'd love to get a booklet too, can you give me an indication for postage to the Netherlands?

Many thanks!

PS: I know this isn't much of an introduction as I'm a new poster, but I've been a long-time lurker and hope to be able to start contributing in the future.. this was just a very good reason to register. Sorry :)

Oh my..i came in late to this thread about this wonderful and interesting book...but better late than never...:) I`d also love to buy a copy of the book, i have sent a pm!

O

Thank you so much....

Wonderful book...

Spectacular selection of recipes...

Nice supplement to the Bum's Books....

A great booklet, happy to have it in my collection.

I'm enjoying a "Miserable Bastard" from page 23 as I type. I look forward to trying the drinks that are unfamiliar to me.

Thank you!

BBB

Thank you ALL very much again. I appreciate all the nice comments!
BTW - I still have some left, but they are dwindling down thanks to many of you. Now would be a GREAT Time to order one - or 2 :)
Cheers,
Beau

Payment sent! Thanks for shipping it to Canada!

Payment sent! Hoping you still have one remaining.

So excited. Just received my copies this morning. Can't wait to take 'em home from work and start drinking! (Wait....that sounds like I have a problem. oh well) Thanks Beau!

Going through this booklet, I notice a lot of call for "powdered sugar". Am I to translate that into "Confectioner's sugar"? I'm not sure at this point. I've not found many calls for powdered sugar in the recipes in my collection.

H

On 2014-04-04 15:10, GentleHangman wrote:
Going through this booklet, I notice a lot of call for "powdered sugar". Am I to translate that into "Confectioner's sugar"? I'm not sure at this point. I've not found many calls for powdered sugar in the recipes in my collection.

I've always thought they were the same. Just to make sure, I looked it up on the 'net:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/sugar.htm

Site above states they are the same. If you have it on hand, you could use it, but I imagine an equal amount of simple syrup would be the same??

howlinowl

BBB

On it's way 54 House - sent you a PM with the International Tracking Number :)

T

On 2014-04-04 15:10, GentleHangman wrote:

These days most recipes call for simple syrup instead. The advantage of powdered sugar over regular sugar is that it is easier to dissolve in cool liquids.

Thanks friends. I was sure powdered sugar and confectioner's were one in the same; it was just that I'd not seen it called for in drink recipes in the past. As I always have my simple syrup on hand, I'm pretty sure I'll use that.

Last night I made "Moano's Own" (Page 24) substituting Kohala Bay for the Meyer's, El Dorado 12 year old as the Demerara, Lemon Hart 151 (No Bacardi 151 on hand) and Pernod for the Herbasaint.

THAT is one tasty drink! Very flavorful and balanced.

Couldn't have just one . . . made myself two of 'em!

Looks DELICIOUS Hang10tiki

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe 2 like you. Gotta try to keep up with the Tiki crowd while I am learning the and YEARNING for the lifestyle.

Subliminal Message: order your booklet today - time is short 41 booklets left and it will leave me with the 10 I am keeping for the kids and grand kids + 2 I am framing. After that, I have a "Top Secret Project" that myself and one of the High Tiki Priests here at TC have been working on to announce to THE WORLD! Well, OK - maybe not the Whole World, but at least to you Tiki Gods and Goddess's here at TC :)

[ Edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-04-06 11:16 ]

H

On 2014-04-06 10:55, Big Bad Beau wrote:
Looks DELICIOUS Hang10tiki

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe 2 like you. Gotta try to keep up with the Tiki crowd while I am learning the and YEARNING for the lifestyle.

Subliminal Message: order your booklet today - time is short 41 booklets left and it will leave me with the 10 I am keeping for the kids and grand kids + 2 I am framing. After that, I have a "Top Secret Project" that myself and one of the High Tiki Priests here at TC have been working on to announce to THE WORLD! Well, OK - maybe not the Whole World, but at least to you Tiki Gods and Goddess's here at TC :)

[ Edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-04-06 11:16 ]

"Top Secret Project"......wonder if it might be similar to what I was thinking you probably should do....that is, if you own the copyright to the book. "Top Secret Project" of "Amazon" like porportions..... you should really start to "kindle" the fire of that "project"....might be a nice moneymaker. Am I guessing close???

howlinowl

BBB

:) Howlinowl Even Better Not for me and not for money, but for the Tiki Population at LARGE! :)
And of course as a Tribute to my Dad!! Most important to me!!!!!

[ Edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-04-06 17:43 ]

K

Arrived today in pristine condition.

You're a true gentleman Beau, thanks very much for the opportunity to buy.

cheers and ALOHA!!

[ Edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-06-10 13:04 ]

This one saved the night

Jon

Hang10 - Jon

What a beautiful picture - and also Thank you for making my Dad's drink and posting that fact. Brought a tear to my eye! I sure do miss him.

No Beau, thank you.......

Jon

Just got ours through a couple of days ago, Thanks for a great deal and getting it to us in England, I will be starting some recipes tonight!

Thank you so much for the great book. The first drink we made was the Barbados Punch. Cheers!

Thanks TIKIWAGON AND House 54 - so glad that you are happy with the booklet. :)
That reminds me - I still have some left if anyone would like to order one through PayPal
My PayPal account is listed in this Thread a few times. I send out within 24 hours of receiving payment.

Just PayPal'd and PM'd. Looking forward to getting a booklet.

How's the semi Secret Project going?

LOL Dr. C Still Semi-SECRET :)
BTW - Got your order this morning and your booklet is "IN THE MAIL"
Thanks

Pages: 1 2 3 142 replies