Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

ladies of tiki swap - IMPORTANT NOTE - pg.9!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 173 replies

I received Wendy's BE_U_TI_FUL ladies yesterday, but work is dragging me down. They are so gorgeous! Pics tomorrow, I promise!

Z

I am so glad that everything is finally fallig into place after the initial hiccups! Hooray!

C
cy posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2011 8:35 PM

Don't they set a great mood in my tiki bar? Thanks zerotiki I feel like the grand prize winner.

Also included was this zerotiki schwag.

Wendy's Twins arrived several days ago, but I've been so excruciatingly busy with work (YAY! I have a JOB!) that it took me a while to get this pic posted. But they are bea-U-tiful!

I am a very happy girl!

Z

pics forthcoming, but I had to dash off a giant Thanks! to Mr. artosaurus...truly a beautiful piece. Love the care & technique.

Now, off to Oasis!
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

I spent last week on vacation and plan to have my peice in the mail by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks Kele for the terrific photos of the girls new home.

We have our Pikey Dog swap here and in a place of honor in our home. Beautifully vintage in appearance. This was a perfect swap for us. Thank you for the plate and other goodies including the Xmas greeting I found in the box!
Cheers, Wendy and Dan

PS did you paint the Devil's Reef coaster?

LOL
I re-use packaging so the Xmas Greeting was obviously from the previous mailer...

Glad it arrived safe and sound.

The Devils Reef coaster is from Tikiracer - http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30447&forum=5&10 I'd recommend a clear coat varnish before use just to seal the image.

The Coconut candle is made by Prices...

http://www.prices-candles.co.uk/products/productdetails.asp?product=HEV000628&returnpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eprices%2Dcandles%2Eco%2Euk%2Fproducts%2Fproductlist%2Easp%3Fsearchstr%3Dcoconut

Thank you Pikey's Dog. It's so much fun to have it all here. We will light the candle in your honor. I guessed that about the note but it was fun to show it here. Cheers, Wendy

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2011 12:31 PM

I received AlohaStation's "Mystery Girl" over two weeks ago and I brain-fart forgot to post it here...!

Well- here she is amongst her new friends! Thank you Tom for the beautiful art and pendant.

When's the next swap? I'm in!

Cheers! and mahalo, G

TikiG

tiki since '67!

[ Edited by: TikiG 2011-09-06 12:33 ]

:(

Z

Something amiss? Not received your package? Please PM me and your swappee if this is the case..

I received a bill from Customs for almost $100 import tax, so i had to tell them to return the item to sender...

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2011 2:25 PM

That sucks!

When you donate art to a charity event you get credit only for the materials that it cost to make it. That same amount can be declared for customs. He must have listed the cost according to labor materials and what he would have sold it for. He should try again and place the value at a lower amount. Wendy

Agreed! Let me know how it turns out, Pikeys!
...Heck, let us all know! :)
~Zero

C
cy posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2011 7:30 AM

When sending Pikeys swap item I was never asked what it's value was. I was told it was covered for up to 300 dollars in insurance and I said that was plenty. My guess is that is what customs valued it at. I have never sent anything overseas and so thought nothing about having to pay customs. It cost me 50 bucks to send, and although I have not seen it come back yet, I imagine there will be another 50 dollars postage due. I will talk to the post office and see what can be worked out when I receive it back.

C
cy posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2011 3:16 PM

Hello Pikeys Dog and fellow swappers-Still have not received the item back but have decided to just print another since I still have the screens and some fabric. I feel bad that you didn't get anything for your efforts Pikey and so will wait one more week to see if Pele returns before printing another. I will let all know when I send and declare it as "worthless" with the post office!

Cool - Thanks.

I love happy endings. Wendy

C
cy posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2011 10:30 AM

Printed Pele Lani II this weekend and sent it today. Hope you like it Pikeys Dog.

C
cy posted on Mon, Nov 28, 2011 1:30 PM

Pikeys Dog did you ever receive my package?

T

It's been a long time since an Art Swap... Does anyone know if one is being planned?

Peace,
Jason

I'm ready for another Swap...

How about these?

Animal
Cannibal
Mixed Media
Mini/really small
Music
Skulls/bones
Life/Death

We can end it at the end of June??

I'd be in for participating...I am going to hang up my hosting fez on this one, 'cause the bookstore I work at has decided to run a monthly event called "Tiki Tuesdays", and that is taking up a goodly chunk of time. I would go for any theme...
~Zero

Hey Zero, lets have some more information on your bookstore Tiki Tuesdays under events. Will you be doing art work for those Tuesdays? Wendy

I'm ready for another one!

It's been a year, it's about time again. AlohaStation's animals or cannibals would be fun, music would be a challenging theme.

What we need is a leader volunteer!

...............anyone?

T

I like animal or cannibal.... Was also thinking along the lines of "water" themed...

Unfortunately I don't know the first thing about coordinating a swap.

anyone else know anything about it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 173 replies