Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Blowfish Bar – Flagler Beach, FL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 318 replies

Robert, expect to be seeing you in a few weeks at Hukilau, where you’ll be tempting me with more of your outstanding art. You’re forcing me to get creative to find wall space...

-Tom

Ha! Yes, see you there Tom!....and you know there's always the ceiling! :D

T

Aloha, hang10tiki! Maybe you can give me a hand finding some space near the bar for more Robert (zerostreet) art...

This morning’s sunrise at the Blowfish Bar...

Just as a follow-up to Ed of Ed’s Heads, I’ve got a couple more newspaper and magazine clippings of his past exploits to share...

Space Coast Real Estate May, 1985

Orlando Sentinel October 23, 1987

Florida Today October 30, 1987

Never did see a movie come out of this. Looking through movie trailers, it doesn’t seem to be this or this, or even this. Ed, if you’re out there, you may have to help me on this one...

-Tom

Now that was a lot of fun. What a history lesson. I bet there could be an all about Benzart thread too.

What's up next Tom? Wendy

T

Wendy, in answer to your question from the post above, the Blowfish Bar is celebrating the arrival of two beautiful mugs from danlovestikis, as posted in your thread and recapped here...

The Zombie Torch Mug

In examining the mug topography, you’ll note that certain anatomical features of interest are highlighted (the nipples are painted)...

The Fu Manchu Bob Mug

In accordance with the designer’s intent and the instructions included on the base, an authentic Doctor Funk cocktail was prepared based on the Mystic Isles of the South Seas recipe as interpreted by TropicDrinkBoy and Porpoise, then it was carefully decanted into Fu Manchu Bob. A toast to Herr Funk followed...

Pat joined in on the toast...

Then our two Wendy mugs took their place among the Tiki art atop the Blowfish Bar...

The beautiful Aloha shirt I wore above was the gift of Jackie Zumwalt (pa`akiki), a wonderful lady introduced to Pat and I by Sven Kirsten (bigbrotiki) during Hukilau 2012. We visited Jackie in her beautiful Fort Lauderdale home where she mixed delicious Mai Tais for us in her home Tiki bar, salvaged from the former home of Ren Clark by her and her husband, Frank (bifcozz)...

Here are Sven and I (in my Sophista-Tiki custom shirt) enjoying those Mai Tais next to the Ren Clark Polynesian Village logo Tiki carved by Milan Guanko...

Here is a much better photo of the bar taken by Sven on a subsequent visit to Jackie’s home with Jackie flanked by Martin Cate and Jeff “Beachbum” Berry...

Jackie shared many tales and her home was a living Tiki museum. Here’s another Sven photo of Jackie, Pat and I adjacent to a door that came from a Trader Vic’s...

It was only July of last year that a boat explosion occurred, tragically ending the life of Frank Zumwalt and severely injuring Jackie. She has made a remarkable recovery and one would have no idea to look at her of the burns that affected even her face. She was such a gracious host, and sharing more time with her at the Mai-Kai made this Hukilau all the more special to us. Her lilting Scottish brogue was music to the ears. Here is a photo I took with Sven’s camera of the trio of Pat, Sven and Jackie in front of the Mai-Kai...

It is a small world in the sense that I met Jackie online several years ago in the Moon Islander thread where she (as pa`akiki) posted menu photos to correspond with the drink recipes I had posted from the former Moon Islander bartender’s notebook. What fun to meet the person behind those posts! We hope to reciprocate by hosting Jackie soon at the Blowfish Bar...

-Tom

Outstanding...

Q
Q-tiki posted on Mon, May 7, 2012 7:50 AM

Another great post Tom!

"Outstanding" is a great adjective for all you share with the rest of us on TC. Keep it up!

Mahalo

S

I wished I could have joined you guys at Jackie's, but I had to catch my flight out. Loved meeting her and "biff" last year at Hukilau...

Great visuals, Tom. An eclectic mug collection you have there, and yes, the visit to Jackie's house was one of the highlights of my trip.

W

Great pictures Tom, thank you!

And look! We're twins!! :) Sorry Sven!

T

hang10tiki and Q-Tiki, mahalo both for your visits and your gracious feedback.

Swanky, sorry you didn’t have more time to go walkabout. This was our third Hukilau and by far the most fun. Not only were the Mai-Kai symposia by you, Sven and Jeff superlative, but the time spent off the program socializing with others both in the Mai-Kai and elsewhere made the experience truly memorable...

Sven had some great ideas for local exploration such as the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens. He’s certainly convinced me of the merit in allocating time for exploration and local Ohana visits in conjunction with Hukilau. It just ought to be part of the program. By the way, did you know that there’s a connection between the Bonnet House and Paul Gauguin’s 1894 masterpiece, Day of the Gods (Mahana No Atua)...

Aloha, Sven! It was sure hard to come back from Hukilau festivities and jump right into the final throes of launch operations. But, with a successful rocket launch last Friday, I’ve got a bit of a breather to reengage my favorite pastime.

Chris (WestADad), as my much more trim twin, I’m heartened to see you share the same fine taste in Aloha shirts from Dawn (Sophista-Tiki).

-Tom

Hey Tom! As I mentioned in the Hukilau thread, great meeting and spending time with you and Pat!

As usual, great stuff in this thread! I myself will be taking the family to the Bonnet House soon!

R.

Tom, you are such a space age primitive! I think I knew something about the Gauguin connection, but forgot - didn't they own that painting at one point?

Yeah, I was amazed that some of the locals I talked to had never been to Bonnet House. It is such an island in the center of beach tourist-ville. It is right in the middle of the busy "strip" along the beach, wedged in between hotels, souvenir shops and pizza joints:

Quote from the website:
"Due to the threat posed by inappropriately massive nearby development, the National Trust and the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation designated listed Bonnet House as one of America’s 11 most endangered sites in 2008."

You find the entrance to the park on a white condo-lined side street, and all of a sudden you come upon THIS:

I went there two years ago and took some pics. Robert, you will like it there: The owners liked MONKEYS:

And so, not only are the descendants of those monkeys jumping around in the trees on the property...

...but because the owners were artists...

..they also had eclectic taste in their decor....

..so you can find some nice and weird monkey statuary:

And not only did they hang African and Oceanic art in the courtyard...

...but off to the side of their coral/ sea shell collection room...

...they have an intact pre-Tiki bamboo bar!

S
Swanky posted on Tue, May 8, 2012 8:43 AM

Okay, gotta check that out. That area is the old stuff too. As in, various Charles McKirahan designed motel/hotels and just great vintage hotel goodness.

Sweet renovation....night and day! good job

P

Aloha Tom and Pat,

It was great to meet and spend time with you both at Hukilau this year I had intended only to go to swanky, sven and Jeff beachbum berry seminars and then go home. I am glad you wanted me to stay and party with you Friday and Saturday night. Saturday night the Mai Kai dinner shows are always magical but what people would have missed is that bifcozz showed up happy sipping his rum and coke in the middle of all the fun. Strange but true.... The Hukilau documentary showed some clips and there he was at the Mai kai with me for a couple of seconds I found it weird but comforting. Thanks again Tom and Pat for insisting I stay for the dinner and the show. I am looking forward to visiting the Blowfish Bar what a great job you have done I love the mural.
Jackie

I went there two years ago and took some pics. Robert, you will like it there: The owners liked MONKEYS:

Thanks for the pics Sven, I'll get out there soon! This may creep out my kids but I'm sure I'm gonna love it!

T

Robert (zerostreet), sharing breakfast at the hotel with you and Amanda was another highlight of Hukilau for us. Too bad we didn’t also get to meet Homer, the canine inspiration behind the art!

Sven, guilty as charged! Your memory is excellent… Paul Gauguin’s Day of the Gods was in the art collection of Frederic Clay Bartlett and Helen, his wife, the original occupants of the Bonnet House, and was donated by Frederic to the Art Institute of Chicago. Your photo storyboard of the Bonnet House is fascinating. As Swanky stated, it is a must see!

tikirancher, thanks for dropping in and commenting!

Wow, Jackie, that’s truly an extraordinary Mai-Kai experience! All I can say is that we were glad that you were there with us. We really look forward to your visit...

It’s spring time at the Blowfish Bar, and Pat has been busy planting flowers. One of the unintended effects is that Ben Chard, our formerly fierce entry guardian Tiki carved by Keylo, now menaces all passers-by with flower power...

-Tom

T

While browsing at Art & Alligators during Hukilau 2012, I came across a breathtaking Polynesian giclee print signed by McVicker, stated to be of the Polynesian Room mural in the Yankee Clipper Hotel (now known as the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel). Regardless of its origin, I had to have it, for it so perfectly encapsulated Mid-Century Poly Pop...

On getting back to my room, I found this Tiki Central thread from 2006 on the subject, started by thegreenman. Humuhumu also posted about it on her Humu Kon Tiki website. The quest for more information on the artist and the art went unanswered for five years, then in September of 2011, McVicker’s daughter posted an answer to the mystery on Humuhumu’s website...

I found this Roger Lloyd McVicker obituary on legacy.com...

In another of life’s odd coincidences, you’ll note that the one guest book entry came from someone in Flagler Beach, about 260 miles up the east coast of Florida from Fort Lauderdale Beach, in the same beachside town that I live in. I found a matching name in my local phone directory and called on a whim. Answering the phone was the same Janet Powell who was Roger McVicker’s friend! Janet and her husband had come to Fort Lauderdale in September of 1957, in the year after the Yankee Clipper opened. They moved to Flagler Beach about 14 years ago because of some very personal experiences with the increasing crime in South Florida. Her husband since passed away, but she only lives about five blocks from me.

Earlier tonight, Janet dropped by to see the Polynesian art print that I’d just had framed. Pat and I had picked out some red suede matting that nicely highlighted it...

Janet was quite impressed with the Polynesian scene but not surprised at the quality of Roger McVicker’s work, as she was already familiar with his considerable artistic talents. Here’s her photo admiring the print...

During her many years in Fort Lauderdale, Janet and her husband had frequented the Polynesian Room and the Wreck Bar in the Yankee Clipper, as well as the Mai-Kai. However, she only got to know Roger McVicker late in life. As fate would have it, Janet agreed to help a pharmacist by looking in on his elderly mother who had lost much of her vision. The woman lived in the Royal Park Condos in Oakland Park right next door to Roger. During her frequent visits, Janet met and became good friends with Roger. Janet was an expert quilter and Roger had an appreciation for the artistic quality of her work. Janet said that he remained active as a commercial artist, working right in his condo on various projects and proposals. She described his architectural rendering drawings as so detailed and lifelike that they appeared as if they were photos, though he remained an unknown talent because his work was bundled in with all the other components of a commercial bid package.

Janet described Roger as a slender man of short stature with a gentlemanly disposition that never faltered. He invested his life savings in a dot-com enterprise that went bankrupt when the bubble burst, and she believes that this weighed heavily on his wellbeing. I ran across this article in the news archives that corroborates Janet’s story (note that Roger McVicker is cited from a telephone interview)...

Las Vegas Review-Journal October 14, 2000

Janet was able to confirm that a small photo I found on the internet was indeed Roger McVicker, though it was clearly when he was much younger...

-Tom

[ Edited by: TikiTomD 2012-05-20 09:49 ]

T

Those lucky enough to possess a copy of Sven Kirsten’s Tiki Modern can turn to page 124 in the chapter entitled “A-Frames, Tailfins, and the Jet Age” to see a photographed image of Roger McVicker’s Polynesian Fire Dance.

If you have any interest in the history of the Yankee Clipper, check out Tiki-Kate’s Tiki Central thread on the Polynesian Room in the Locating Tiki forum. I’ve been adding to the great information already posted there.

-Tom

Q

What a fantastic find Tom! That is a very special piece of artwork and I agree that it seems to truly represent the poly-pop era.
Do you have any idea if the print was part of a numbered run or was it a one-of-a-kind?

Once again, an amazing job with the research!

T

Aloha Q-tiki!

The Roger McVicker print came with a certificate indicating it was #10 of 100. If you're interested, contact Freda or Jim Nichols of Art and Alligators at their email address, [email protected]. Send me a Personal Message if you want a phone number.

-Tom

TikiTomD I just caught up with your thread. It was an honor to be on the same page as Jackie (she and her husband supplied Dan's collection with many fine tikis and we we so saddened by his passing) and the Bonnet House. You certainly have gotten around this year and made so many friends. I'm glad to be one of them. Florida must be a fine state. Cheers, Wendy

Q

Mahalos Tom!

I'll send an email to them to get some additional info.

Cheers!

T

Wendy, I'm honored to be your friend!

Q-tiki, hope you can swing one of the McVicker Polynesian Fire Dance prints.

We’re battening down the hatches this morning at the Blowfish Bar in anticipation of Sub-Tropical Storm Beryl. The expectation is that it will be no worse than a winter Nor’easter.

Among the treasured booty from Hukilau 2012 was a Mai-Kai Mystery Girl art print by Robert Jiménez (zerostreet) and a Mermaid pencil sketch by Robert’s talented young daughter, Amanda...

I’m supposing the expressive faces represent appreciative porthole viewers at the Wreck Bar.

Just got the Mai-Kai Mystery Girl print back from the framer...

She joins other favorite art by Robert over the sliding glass door...

It’s appropriate that she is in proximity to Swanky’s beautiful Mai-Kai Mystery Girl Bowl...

Hurricane Hayward posted an informative review of the Mystery Drink on his blog, The Atomic Grog. Swanky researched the earliest origins of the Mystery Drink, coming up with the menu evidence that the Mai-Kai’s Mystery Drink preceded that of its earliest known competitor for that claim, the Kahiki, which opened in 1961. Here's Swanky's blog on the subject. I found a 1958 article in the news archives that also supports the Mai-Kai as the original source, and then there’s this November 6, 1959 ad from The Miami News that equally settles the case (there were earlier 1959 ads just like this one in the same paper)...

There is a news article claim that the first Mai-Kai Mystery Drink went to a South Florida entertainment columnist. Swanky gives some credence to this, given the Mai-Kai’s undoubted desire for publicity regarding the event. That columnist later went on to locally perform standup comedy routines. He also wrote scripts for British comedian Benny Hill. For those of you who don’t know Benny Hill (he died in 1992), here’s a video sample. Charlie Chaplin was said to be a Benny Hill admirer.

-Tom

Thanks for posting Tom! I'm quite honored to have taken up such a significant part of your square footage! :D

By the way Amanda's face completely lit up when I showed and read her your post! Thanks so much! Her other drawing sold a few hours after you and Pat stopped by. So she sold out all her inventory! :)

R.

Love the bar

T

Robert and hang10tiki, thank you kindly for your visits.

The Blowfish Bar is temporarily out of service while I engage in the final planned major remodeling project at my beach house...

There are two bathrooms at the beach house, one upstairs and one at the ground level. I’m adding a second upstairs bathroom to improve accessibility to this most essential of features, especially to be appreciated when hosting overnight guests and parties at the bar. There are always trades to be made, and the trade in this case is a bit more than half of my upstairs sunroom.

I did the layout design and then handed it over to my local architectural designer for incorporation into a set of official plans stamped by a licensed Professional Engineer, as required by the city building department. Like before, I pulled my own permit as owner-contractor. I am ably supported by the professional services of a master carpenter, plumber and electrician, all licensed local folks who are really good at their respective trades. It’s still a mess to live through...

In the meantime, the local citizenry are heatedly engaged over a new ordinance to ban beach bonfires during the turtle nesting season, possibly to include even Tiki torches, as well as permit requirements for beach bonfires when the turtles aren't nesting. I was fortunate to grow up on the coast and enjoy the beach in a time before there were night patrols looking for bonfire permits, among other things...

-Tom

K

Wow Tom, am totally floored by your fine and constantly
expanding Tiki art collection.

[ Edited by: komohana 2013-03-23 20:57 ]

So where is this in relation to the mural? That's still going to be there, right?

And will I still get to use the vintage Trader Vic's chamber pot?

T

Aloha, komohana. I’d love to just keep adding more Tiki art, but it’s about to the point where anything new must displace something old. That encumbers future acquisitions with a painful choice.

George (TikiHardBop), the Polynesian mural is unaffected by the remodeling. The new bath will be to the west behind the bedrooms. The vintage Trader Vic’s chamber pot is yours to use and enjoy for the foreseeable future, and the ocean’s only a few steps away if it’s occupied, or if you lose your way after a tad too many rum-infused cocktails :)

-Tom

Tom keep posting the re-model photos. I'm looking forward to seeing how you decorate your new space. Wendy

On 2012-06-22 08:39, danlovestikis wrote:
Tom keep posting the re-model photos. I'm looking forward to seeing how you decorate your new space. Wendy

Yes! The last set of remodeling pics were epic!....of course I realize this is a much smaller job! :)

T

Wendy and Robert, I’ll post a bit of the remodeling progress here, as it is connected to servicing the bar patrons and will have Hawaiiana and/or Tiki elements when I finish, though bigbrotiki will again be justified in observing that this is more suited to a home renovation site...

The only space available to me within the roof line for this project was the upstairs sunroom containing my home office and a sitting area with total dimensions of about 7’6” wide and 25’0” long...

North end of sunroom before remodeling

South end of sunroom before remodeling

The sliding glass door on the left looking to the south end is passage to the guest bedroom, whereas the sliding glass door on the right looking to the north end is passage to the master bedroom. My plan was to add a bathroom using the south end of the sunroom, taking up a bit more than half of the total sunroom length...

After giving away some furniture that would no longer have a place and temporarily moving just about everything out of the guest bedroom, there was yet another space more formidable to vacate for this project, the garage, as plumbing and wiring access from below would be required. That also meant that old built-in cabinets would need to be torn out for utility access. The garage ceiling had a popcorn finish that was failing in some places, so I decided that there would never be a better opportunity to scrape the ceilings and get rid of it. That’s a hazard in home remodeling, ever expanding scope.

All Florida Storage in Daytona Beach rents watertight, airtight shipping containers, the kind used on container ships. They are cheaper to rent than PODS, and so heavy that there is little likelihood that a tropical storm could blow them around. So that’s where the contents of the garage temporarily went...

My plans required that the sliding glass door to the guest bedroom be eliminated, leaving only one door for entry and exit of that bedroom. The Florida Building Code requires at least two means of egress from any bedroom, one of which can be a window with an opening that is big enough for a person to climb through (the Code specifies minimum square footage of the opening). Fortunately, I had two hurricane rated windows at the south end of the sunroom that met the Code opening size requirement, and that also needed to be removed from the sunroom to acquire needed empty wall space. So, the solution was to relocate those windows to the guest bedroom exterior wall...

Sunroom windows relocated to guest bedroom exterior wall and wall framed in on sunroom end...

Framing and plumbing for steam shower; vertical pipe is drain line vent...

Framing to close off former sliding glass door opening (viewed from bedroom)...

Start of framing for pocket door entry and towel closet...

In the garage, routing of new water lines from the hot water heater, as well as drain lines from the existing bathroom drain headers...

A new electrical sub-panel was required for the steam shower, due to lack of spare breakers in the existing load center (new panel left of load center)...

The flexible electrical cable connected to breakers and coiled up next to the load center is the “suicide cord” for the portable generator, a necessity for living through Florida’s hurricanes. The panels below the load center are for the sprinkler and telephones. You can see some of the wall scars from the torn out built-in cabinets.

Popcorn scraping of the garage ceiling has completed and framing for new soffit to hide the air conditioning ducting and new plumbing is underway...

While everything was torn up, I called in Palm Coast Heating and Air to replace the old and deteriorating A/C supply plenum. They also relocated the A/C supply vents upstairs to work with the new bathroom. In the foreground you can see the crates for the new Aquapeutics steam shower, with some assembly required :) This was the second delivery of a steam shower, as the first one arrived with shipping crates crushed and tempered glass shards everywhere. I did get a bonus out of it... a bunch of steam shower spare parts as the supplier had no use for a shower in more pieces than they sent it.

Upstairs in the guest bedroom, insulation and drywall has been installed, taping and mudding has been completed, and a real dusty mess is underway as the finish coatings are applied...

Drywall finishing is also underway in the new bathroom...

Andy Porada came to take measurements for the new vanity and cabinets...

Andy is the same guy who did the cabinet work for the Blowfish Bar itself, to my design...

I’m hopeful that the worst of this transient mess will be over by July 4... in the meantime, I’ll be mellowing out with a few of my favorite rum cocktails. The project has been moving along pretty well, and, most importantly, the Building Inspector is happy with it thus far...

-Tom

Wow...love the pictures and descriptions of the reconstruct, Tom. You are lucky to have the skills to know what needs to happen and have links to skilled workers who follow your directions. Looking forward to your continued journey and, of course, your classy decorating style.

Hi Tom, I love the photos. My mom was into building and she could design and do it all herself. At 4'10" she could carry an 80 pound sack of mortar. As a kid I loved tearing out sheet rock and knocking down walls. My sister has carried on the tradition. I like to play with clay.

Now the extra fun photos start and I'm ready to view them. Your friend, Wendy

T

Aloha, Marlene and Wendy... thanks so much for stopping by. Pat and I just spent the entire weekend cleaning up drywall compound dust from everywhere. We had some help from a neighbor, but the stuff is pervasive. The entire inside of the beach house is a fallout zone.

Remodeling has progressed to the point that the Blowfish Bar is again open for business... anyone care for a dusty cocktail?

The new lua is fully functional; it’s a one-piece Toto with extra height in accordance with ADA standards

The floor is finished in half-inch thick travertine tiles. Travertine is a natural stone, normally more of a beige color. It is unusual to find this in a rose hue.

New high-tech steam shower from Aquapeutics

New fixtures installed for the vanity bay, still awaiting the cabinet completion

Towel closet with overhead CATV and power connections

Several general orientation photos...

-Tom

Looks like somebody else has been busy with a remodel Tom!
time to move out of that shipping container :lol:

Holy krimeneeee, that steam shower looks pretty awesome. Thanks for the great pictures, the bathroom is going to be a wonderful addition. Are you going Tiki in there? Not tinkle...TIKI!!!!

Wow, your sure are coming right along on the remodel, Tom. You know that steam shower glass paneling is just screaming to have tiki's sandblasted into them. :wink:

Hi Tom, love the photos. What is the view like from the bathroom when you open those slats? My cousin had a bathroom like that in her new home. She was sitting watching the street when she realized that everyone could see her as well as she could see them. Horrors! Wendy

PS looks terrific

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2012-07-04 06:46 ]

T

ATP, it does feel good to get out of that shipping container, though it remains until I can restore the garage to habitation. Beyond hiding ductwork and piping, I’m taking this opportunity to scrape popcorn ceilings there and construct some storage cabinets.

Marlene, there will be elements of both Tiki and Hawaiiana in the new room. Yes, Lucas, there are some of us who love both. The first elements are these Kim Taylor Reese art photos I picked up in Honolulu about a decade ago, several of them signed...

Jesse, I’m still evaluating what to do with the steam shower, décor wise. Maybe a mural...

Wendy, yes indeed, the windows look across Central Avenue toward the Intracoastal Waterway that bounds our barrier island on the west. The portion that runs behind me is part of an 18-mile manmade stretch that connects the Matanzas River on the north with the Halifax River on the south. It was created in 1890, and, during the 1920s, five steam-powered paddle boats and one oil-fired vessel made weekly trips along this stretch of the waterway between Jacksonville and Daytona Beach. Here’s a view looking out from the bathroom through still dirty windows...

Things have progressed far enough to allow me to reconstitute my study...

My favorite Sophista-Tiki print, The Lost Village, resumed its place...

-Tom

Hi Tom thank you for allowing me to see the view. Looks like a jungle across the street. I really like your Sophista-Tiki print and the bathroom art. I'll look forward to the next photos, Wendy

Tom the reason I mentioned sandblasting the glass is I briefly worked at a local sandblasting place: http://moonshadowglass.com/index.php and they do have a few stock polynesian themed designs like banana leafs, but you can also work with them to do custom designs for both commercial and residential projects. As I understand it they are one of the few handful of US facilities that still do a lot of the custom glass arts, and they had just got a huge oven to heat set color graphics into glass when I left. :)

T

Jesse, mahalo for your suggestion. Whatever I do will be limited to what can be done with the steam shower in place, as it was mighty challenging to assemble.

The project is now complete except for cleaning and decorating. On Friday, the city building official conducted his final inspection and was quite satisfied, so the building permit was successfully closed out.

Here are a couple of photos with the new vanity and cabinets installed. The vanity top is “Black Galaxy,” a solid black granite with shiny copper flakes, imported from India. Sinks are square black under mounts, with Delta Linden series faucets in Venetian bronze. The cabinet finish is a Wilsonart laminate, “Milano Mahogany.”

I framed a vintage Aloha Airlines map and placed it on the side of the towel closet...

We’re looking forward to a visit by TikiHardBop (George) and TornadoTiki (Chris) at the Blowfish Bar next Saturday afternoon, after Chris shares her storm chasing experiences at the public library in nearby Palm Coast...

-Tom

Beautiful remodel. I love all your choices and decorations. I hope you have more projects in the future I don't want this to end. Wendy

I agree with Wendy...just great watching your progression. The counter top, sinks and cabinetry is very elegant. Great addition to your home.

Lookin good

The black granite with copper flake cabinets are beautiful! Very elegent modern swank. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 318 replies