Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 8-11-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: August 11, 2010

1. “Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai (Hawaiian War Chant)” by Andy Iona & His Islanders from the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand [1934]

2. “Ami Ami Slack Key” by Bob Brozman (Steel Guitar) and Ledward Kaapana (Slack Key Guitar) from their CD: In the Saddle

3. “Luau Drumbeats (Ruta Taki: The Samba)” by The Septimo ‘Ohana from the CD: Tower Records Presents Hawaii’s Favorites

4. “Exotica & Voodoo Love” from the collection: The Exotic Sounds of Martin Denny

5. “Hawaii Tattoo” from the CD anthology: Taboo – The Greatest Hits of Arthur Lyman/The Sensual Sounds of Exotica

6. “Rhythm of the Islands” by Tau Moe & The Original Hawaiians, recorded in Copenhagen in 1952, from: “Steelin’ It – The Steel Guitar Story”

7. “Drums of the Islands/Waterfall” from the CD: Heke Wale No – Only the Best of the Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau

8. “Voodoo Love” by the Waitiki 7 from their latest CD: New Sounds of Exotica

9. “Guitar Tango” the 1962 recording by The Shadows from their CD: 30 All Time Greatest Hits

10. “Mambo Silbado” by Randy Carlos Y Su Orquesta from the CD: Mobologia Pa’ Gozar, Volume 1

11. “Ccori Canastitay” by Yma Sumac from the collection: Queen of Exotica

12. “Puttin’ on the Ritz” by Terry Snyder From the 1963 LP: Mr. Percussion, taken from the CD: Ultra-Lounge Space Capades – Atomic-Age Audities and Hi-Fi Hi-Jinks

13. “Ritual Drum Dance” by Tito Puente from his 1960 record: Tambo’

14. “Miserlou” by Martin Denny from his 1960 LP: Exotic Percussion, taken from the CD: Ultra-Lounge Mondo Exotica – Mysterious Melodies & Tropical Tiki Tunes

15. “Amame Mamá (Give Me Love, Mama)” by Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca from the CD: Ay Valeria!

Pages: 1 0 replies