Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

On 2015-12-22 11:27, Tiki-Brian wrote:
We would love to have Mr Tiki II for a visit on the Exotic Tiki Island podcast! Let me know what to do :)

Hey TB, sending you a pm.

WHOOOHOOO!!! A new host!

Mr Tiki is catching an A. M.flight to parts unknown tomorrow.
Here he is 15 feet from the waters edge in SoCal. The sign made him nervous

He saw this sign and said “I’m outta here!”

He needed a shot of rum

Farewell my friend.

Mahalo MDM for starting this thread, Mahalo Lori(LoriLovesTiki) for sending him my way.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2016-01-13 21:11 ]

T

And the travels continue....

So - Many moons ago I was selected as the first destination for Mr. Tiki #1. It was early in his adventure and he wasn't quite sure what to do and where to go. His enthusiasm caused him to spend only one night in SFL before he was off to his next destination. As he and his predecessors voyaged around the world he regretted that he did not spend more time in seeing the sights in South Florida - he returned last week. His enthusiasm swelled when I told him that he would be going to the tiki temple, the Mai Kai. Here's what happened...

My brother was in town so we loaded up and headed over to the Mai Kai for Happy Hour.

We started out with some Mai Tais in the Molikai and enjoyed the free buffet during Happy Hour.

While there we ran into a few of the inhabitants that were lingering in the bar. (Tiki Kiliki -queen of the Hukilau and Evan from CopyCat productions)

And, he was caught flirting with Tatianna, our server.

Apparently he had a few too many half price drinks and started running around the place like he belonged there. Pia (Marketing Director) had to step in, when he started getting frisky with one of the natives.

Later, Kern (General Manager) found him trying to watch the show without a ticket.

After that, I suggested he go out into the garden to get some fresh air. When I made it out there he had already made new friends with some of the natives. They were talking story like they knew each other for years.

Not one to shy away from a challenge, someone dared him to dance in the fires of the Mai Kai.

The fire seemed to sober him up a little. While in the gardens we ran into some rather dignified inhabitants that were cooking up a little something special for the Hukilau. Dave (owner) and WillCarve.

The life of a Tiki Celebrity is tough. As we were heading out, one of Mr. Tikis biggest fans came up and asked for a quick picture. Doreen was thrilled get a pic with him. He told me this kind of thing happens all the time!

Before leaving he had to make a quick pitstop.

He had a great time at the Mai Kai and hopes to return some day. The Mai Kai is a fantastic place that takes you back to the islands. Unfortunately after paying his bill he had to make a quick stop at the ATM before getting an Uber home.

His adventures continue in South Florida. Where will he go? Who will he meet?

Tom!!! Thanks for hosting Mr Tiki again. Glad he was able to visit the Mai Kai this time around :)

Awesome Tom-Wish I coulda gone with him.

I'm pretty sure I want to BE Mr. Tiki in my next life! He goes to such great places. Glad you're having fun with our TC celebrity Aloha Station! Can't wait to see where he goes next. Great pictures!

Where are you Mr. T

I checked with AlohaStation last week, he said Mr Tiki was still enjoying the warm Florida winter but was going to be headed on his way soon :wink:

Warm Florida winter is right --- once again we seem to have hardly had a winter, followed by a pleasant 2-3 weeks of "spring," and now we're getting temps in the low to mid 80's for the first time. Bye-bye micro-spring, and hello summer!

Queue up those Derby Daiquiries, folks!

Great photos everyone
Thanks for sharing

I have been lax in my posting of the adventures that Mr. Tiki and I have had over the past month. We have been busy as I've been showing him the sites throughout SFL.Of course after his first trip to the MaiKai, he naturally wanted to go back. There have been a few trips back, but I did not take any photos. He wanted some privacy and I don't think he wanted everyone to see his darker/sloppier side. I suggested after "the incident" at the MaiKai that we take a step back and visit a friend at his home bar, The TikiCay. The first photo is with L:onnie the proprietor...

Next up, we have WillCarve dressed appropriately for the frigid 70 degree weather...

Tiki Cay was fun, but Mr. Tiki told me that he wanted to see more of the South Florida wildlife - you know, hang with foxes and see some hooters. He was a little disappointed when I took him to The Busch Wildlife Sancutuary...

more to come (as I collect the images)

On 2016-03-14 11:55, AlohaStation wrote:
Tiki Cay was fun, but Mr. Tiki told me that he wanted to see more of the South Florida wildlife - you know, hang with foxes and see some hooters. He was a little disappointed when I took him to The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary...

What the hell kind of pervy animal wearing bondage? That must be one wild lives sanctuary indeed.

Thank you for fun thread.

Thanks for taking him out on the town Tom!

I'm collecting photos from all of the paparazzi that seem to follow Mr. Tiki around. So one day while we sitting around talking tiki, he asked me about the beaches. There was no better time to make our way down to the beach for bike ride. Mr. Tiki is a little athletically challenged so we strapped him to the bike and away we went...

We started off in Deerfield Beach...

Put his toes in the sand...

Then we made our way up Gumbo Limbo Environmental Center...

This place is really cool and easy to get to. If you are in town and need a diversion from your typical tourist areas, I suggest this strongly. Here's Mr. Tiki hanging with some seahorses...

We made our way around the grounds and found this nice Chickee Hut - Mr. Tiki made sure to inform the other visitors that this is only a Tiki Hut when he's there!

After spending some time walking around the intercoastal we made our way to the main campus. He got really nervous when I told him that he would like the turtle rehab. He freaked out - apparently all he heard was "REHAB" and he was ready to leave. I convinced him to stay and we continued our journey...

FAU has a research facility at Gumbo Limbo and you can see the good work they do first hand. Here the nursery where they rehab the babies till they are ready to released back into the wild...

Lastly, Mr. tiki really liked the turtles. So we went down to the beach and got lucky that there was turtle on the beach. He dragged the turtle up to a good spot and forced the turtle to take several pictures with him...

Nice pix Aloha. I particularly like the pose with the turtle.
Mahalo

On another day out in the wild, we ended going to 2 other local favorites. First was the Manatee viewing area in West Palm. The power plant there just set a viewing area at their outlet pipes (outlet pipes discharge the sea water that is used to cool the power plant. The water is very warm and the Manatees love it). The day we were there - no mantees. So got lunch at their cafe. Mr.Tiki enjoyed Manatee for the first time. He said the big one was little tough but the baby was very tender...

Here are some recipes if you want to make it at home...
http://www.monkeyspit.net/sites/manatee/recipes.html

Since there were no manatees we headed to Gumbo Limbo's sister facility in Jupiter. Mr. Tiki's appetite returned so we got a bite at the sea turtle cafe. Here he is basking in the "chewy goodness". He likes the Loggerheads and warned me not to eat the Green turtles - they aren't ripe yet...

"they aren't ripe yet..." :lol: :P

Looks like Mr. Tiki is having a great time! Thanks for posting the pictures of all your fun.

I took my daughter and Mr. Tiki to see Medusirena, the fire-eating mermaid, at The Wreck bar last week.
https://www.facebook.com/FireEatingMermaid.Marina?fref=ts

He was so excited to finally meet Marina that he ran from the bar and jumped in pool! Thankfully, Marina saved him.

After the show the Mermaids made their way back to bar. For some pictures.

No one warned me not to look Marina in the eyes. Its all good, my family likes me like this - they say I've never been so easy to get along with? Thank s Marina!!

I'm pretty sure this is Mr Tiki's first time to swim with a mermaid!

Nice pix Aloha! You’ve certainly "raised the bar”.
Cheers

More pictures are flowing in from the far reaches of Fort Lauderdale. The latest sighting had him back at the Mai Kai for Tiki Kiliki's birthday.

[ Edited by: AlohaStation 2016-03-25 07:04 ]

C
cy posted on Fri, Mar 25, 2016 9:06 AM

Cool pics Tom!

One last adventure awaited Mr. Tiki on this round in South Florida. What's Florida like if you don't celebrate SPRING BREAK!! The decision was made to take my girls to the busiest place you would never want to be on Spring Break - Universal Studios in Orlando. There were so many people in a very confined space - Mr. Tiki was a much needed distraction. OK here we go...

First day started with FREE Mickey Waffles at the hotel.

We got there early which allowed us about an hour to hit as many rides as possible without crowds. First up - Universal Studios.

Transformers - 5 minute wait. Then Mummy - 5 minute wait.

Due to the ease we had encountered at the other rides we figured we would dive into the new Harry Potter world. Mistake #1, 60+ minute wait.

This guy had the right idea...

The crowds had arrived and it was stand and wait for EVERYTHING! Mr. Tiki was bummed and needed to find his happy place.

He made a new friend.

By the end of the first day we covered everything at Universal Studios. We made our way out to my favorite place, Pat O'Brien's. Their Hurricanes are the only drink in the place that is worth the price. Reminds me of the Hunch Punch I grew up on in Panama City Beach.

Next up was dinner - we were all wiped out.

Second day started like the first with FREE breakfast and an early start at Islands of Adventure. Not so many pictures as attitudes were shifting. Here we are with the stars of the Sinbad Stunt Show.

Made our way to the other Harry Potter world. I never knew you could put so many people into such a confined space - HOLY CRAP was it crowded!! This is the only picture we got.

Mr. Tiki had enough of that, so we went over to the Jurassic park area. He was hanging with some hot chicks while I went and got lunch$$$.

By the end of the day Suessland was our destination. Mr. Tiki could not agree more with this sign...

I told him about a cool restuarant just on the other side of Suessland where we could get a drink we started to make our way over there when we met these guys. They knew of Mr. Tiki's exploits and wanted to get a picture. They started to argue over who was going to hold Mr. Tiki...

By the end of the night we were all totally wiped out and still had another day to go. Sorry no pictures - Mr. Tiki had enough!

T

Go Mr. Tiki, Go!!

Great pics, fun catching up with Mr. T's latest adventures....

Mr Tiki and I have been having some fun. I had a business trip to Las Vegas last week and he wanted to join me. I told him that would be OK but he would have to travel in the Super Economy section. So I loaded him up and away we went.

Our first stop was to visit my friend pdrake's house. Being on a business trip, I tried to stay away from any hard drinking till the end of the trip - Mr. Tiki had other ideas.

He got to hang out with a few of my children while pdrake and I talked shit.

He tried talking me into carving him a companion but I told him that he was better off single (he's got a lot of bad habits). He didn't want to hear that, so he came up with a plan to build his own "bride".

Once he makes up his mind its hard to change it. Why stop at one? He made his way over to the reproduction area, but alas the area was already being used by another certain tiki that is getting ready for his debut at The Hukilau. They partied until the wee hours of the night and it seems that cured his loneliness (for now).

One of my goals was to stop by and see the newest tiki bar in Las Vegas - The Golden Tiki. As I opened the door, Mr. Tiki lept from hands and jumped into the fountain that is located in the entry portal. He splashed around, he was giggling and yelling something about getting mouth-to-mouth from a mermaid??

The Golden Tiki is a very cool place. Tiki Diablo and Billy the Crud did a phenomenal job on the decor and layout. We made our way in and headed for the Pirate Room. Before we got there Mr. Tiki heard a voice from beyond that led him to another Tiki Celebrity - The Golden Tiki himself.

Back in the Pirate Room we met and hung out with several locals including the man - Billy The Crud.

He hung out with a few locals - this guy introduced himself as "the Doctor". He was nice but didn't move around alot.

Always on the hunt, Mr.Tiki started hitting on the ladies. Here he is with Blur.

Apparently he said several things that were more than inappropriate, so we had to keep moving. on to the next bar.

He ran it a few old friends... WillCarve...

Crazy Al...

Benzart and many more!

He was feeling right at home. Chris and Allie were more than gracious hosts.

After a few more drinks he didn't want to leave.

At the end of the night I had to track him down. Frankie's is a small place but I couldn't find him anywhere. That's when I noticed him hiding in plain sight. He was ready to make Frankie's his new home.

I managed to drag him out and we made our way back to Florida for a few more adventures before he moves on.

PLEASE DON'T KICK ME OFF OF TIKI CENTRAL FOR THIS FAKE TRIP FOR MR. TIKI. I thought about asking for him but his weight would mean one less thing I could pack in my bag to come back home. So I made a phoney Mr. Tiki to take to Australia and the South Pacific.

The photo of Mr. Tiki II starts his journey in Sydney Australia. Dan posed first with the tower behind him.

Chuck and I found an English phone booth downtown.

Opera House.

The Sydney Bridge.

Built for a show at the Royal Botanical Garden.

Auckland, New Zealand. The view from one side of our ship and

then from the other side.

At the Auckland Museum.

Tahiti, French Polynesia.

Moorea, French Polynesia.

At the disco on board the ship.

Lahaina, Hawaii.

On the beach looking at the ship.

Now Mr. Fake Tiki II is back at my home. I just couldn't resist. Sorry, Wendy

Tom, Mr Tiki is living like a king!!!

Wendy, you crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like Fake Mr Tiki had a great time too :wink:

Nice job, Wendy! Thanks for expanding my bucket list - nice pics!

MadDogMike Mr. Tiki was such a fabulous idea. I'm glad to have touched you with this phoniness.

AceExplorer after this trip we really love love love Hawaii. Australia's city of Sydney is so terrific that we will return there and to New Zealand. But Tahiti is a huge disappointment and Moorea and Bora Bora while beautiful are so tiny that viewing them is over in a few of hours. No restaurants to speak of and the hotels that exist are over the top expensive. Hawaii has everything, even snow. The best part of cruising is that you can see so many places for a reasonable price.

This has been fun now it's back to posting on my other crafts thread. Cheers, Wendy

Mahalo for sharing Wendy. Looks like you and Dan had a great time.
Cheers

I spotted Mr. Tiki II in the wild in early June in some event photos. It looks like he was having a great time posing with some very well-known tiki people. But those photos haven't made it online here yet.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Confession is good for the soul. (And so is rum.)

Hmmmm....????

OK, its my fault. There will be an update this weekend.

P
pdrake posted on Fri, Jul 1, 2016 8:19 PM

i know nothing.

Aloha TC.
Mr. Tiki has arrived in the mail we are very excited to have him join us on the next ETI RADIO live show broadcast from the Blue Whale Tiki Bar here on Exotic Tiki Island. More to come!

After the wild ride Tom took Mr Tiki on, he needed some rest. Glad to see he is on the move again

Mr. Tiki II attended the Aloha Friday Live ETI RADIO Broadcast from the Blue Whale Tiki Bar on Exotic Tiki Island. More to come from Mr Tiki II soon!
Pictured are (Tiki Brian, Captain Scotty B and Mr Tiki II)
http://www.exotictikiisland.com

Very cool! Brian, where are you located so I can stick a pin in Mr Tiki's map on page 1?

We are smack dab in the middle of the South Pacific (At least in our minds!)

Is there a Dogwood Road nearby?

Not sure what you mean? :)

Nevermind :lol:

If the current bearer of Mr. Tiki can mail him to me by this Saturday, I will take him to the cities of Havana, Santiago de Cuba, and Cienfuegos. I know he's already been to the island nation, but hey, good things are worth repeating, right?

I leave on Sunday early, and have been too busy to remember to post this sooner. PM me if you're interested - I'll reimburse by PayPal for overnight shipping to my home by Saturday.

If this doesn't work out, then I'll have to consider adopting some sort of Cuban doll or stick-man as a temporary stand-in for Mr. Tiki.

I'll post photos when I get back. Not sure how much rum I must consume before losing the ability to take photos, but I'll try really hard to stay just a tad under that point.

Cool trip, I'll have to see if we can rattle Mr Tiki loose. Looks like he's been stuck for a while

Fairness bump.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies