Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Wendy Cevola ceramics to painting. I love doing tiki art.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies

This customized Hot Tub Hula Girl mug is for Roger Scott.

Wish List #8 the I Dream of Jeannie project for Bulkmar. This was a challenge with so many steps and parts. Those I posted on my "other crafts" thread. Here's the finished project.

Wish List #8 The Maori Lamp for Mondo-By-The-Bay.

Wish List #8 a Woody Bob for Shan Shan Singer.

Wish List #8 a Tiki Boobette for Fred Ferrer.

Wish List #8 this Tiki Bob is the wish of Cole Unger. It is his first and only Tiki Bob mug.

This photo is without a flash so you can see the depth of the carving better.

This Tiki Bob Cat wasn't a wish. I just make Bob's on and off during the Wish List.

Update: I decided that the cat didn't look enough like a Tiki Bob since the face wasn't a classic white. I fixed that.

A better Tiki Bob Cat.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-10-15 13:32 ]

Wish List #8 this Tiki Bob supercarved mug is for Melissa Natt Sangiacomo.

The inside of the mug is called Tear Drops.

One layer of green, two layers of blue green gave this effect.

Thank you for the visit. Wendy

I just have to make a Tiki Bob ever now and then even when it's not been ordered. Here is Spiral Tiki Bob for Terra Washburn.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-08-20 07:44 ]

Awesome work, Wendy!

Wish List #8 continues on with the O2 Out Diver's Helmets.

This one is for Vance Klinke.

This one is for Savage Tiki aka Eric Jorgensen.

This one is for Eric Gabrys.

This one is also for Eric Gabrys

This one is for Alex Dulude.

Wish List #8 continues on.

The sixth O2 Out Diver's Helmet is out of the kiln this morning and posted.

A rustic Tiki Bob for Todd Sieber.

Wish List #8. War God Island for Vance Klinke. The design is by RVictor. With permission I can make as many as are ordered. This is number 2.

The top of the War God (by Joniece Frank of Frankoma Pottery) is for holding dry ice or a flaming rum soaked sugar cube.

Wish List #8. American Gothic Tiki Bob set for Bruce Dewing.

I made a ceramic pitchfork and a friend made a wooden and metal one. It was better so all the photos show it in the farmers hand.

I have Tiki Bob's leaving my home at a fast past. This is Space Bob or he is Galactic Bob, or Spacy Bob or ?

He belongs to Frank Ortiz.

Wish List #8 the Bumatay Mermaid Bowls.

Number 1 was made last year for Dan but sold to Karen Nichols

Number 2 is for Alex Dulude. I forgot to take my black velvet photos of this one.

Number 3 is for James Dinwiddie II

Number 4 is for Lee Scott aka Tiki Lee

Number 5 is for Ken and Kim McCormick.

Number 6 is for Eric Allred. I've been learning while doing these. Sculpting is the easy part. Glazing is really hard. sometimes you can't get the glaze in place or when you do it then travels as it fires. Check the hair where it reaches the shoulders. I re-glazed this several times and in the end I had to paint hair around the base. Eric was fine with it. I wish I could have done better. I will never make hair with an under-cut again.

Number 7 is for Roger Scott.

Number 8 is for Alex Reaney.

I love doing Papua New Guinea Tiki Bob's. Here's a new one.

I decided that the PNG Bob didn't look right without the classic Tiki Bob white face so I fixed it.

A better Tiki Bob from Papua New Guinea. SOLD!

Since I had to also fire it again I added more color to the Cassowary whisk broom.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-10-15 13:35 ]

I made a Cell Phone Tower Tiki Bob but everyone thought it was an octopus tentacle. I'll have to do that next.
Bought by Mark Sellers.

O

Digggin the Bobs, Wendy. That bric a brac one at the top is fantastic. Cheers!

Psycho Tiki D is a friend who lives close by. I recently gave him a gift and he has used it to start a new thread. I hope it is successful because I would love to see photos of my art in homes.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=53012&forum=5&6

OceaOtica Thank you. Those take forever to glaze and I ended up doing it all a second time but in the end it's worth it.

The Sacramento Crawl mug for October 5th, 6th, and 7th, 2018.

A friend posted photos showing how the little side pots look when lit. She used bread soaked in liquor. She said the flames lasted a very long time.

Now it' looks like a real volcano. Just add some dry ice to the inside and it's really going to be fun.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-10-16 19:12 ]

A tiki Bob and Bobette set for Bill Beierle. Another Wish fulfilled.

Off they went to their new home.

Anniversary mugs for Trey Goodwin. Cheers!

Wish List #8. I have finished to the best of my ability the four Hula Girl Goblets. Here they are.

This is for Eric Allred.

This one is for Eric Allred.

This one is for Nelson Osorio.

This one is for Jay Robinson.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-09-15 10:49 ]

Those goblets are incredible! Brilliant work.

Sandbartender Thank you very much. I love comments and I don't receive very many so each one is very special. Cheers, Wendy

Wendy, Ray Wyland's most recent video is about Tiki Bob mugs, and naturally, you're a big part of it:

https://youtu.be/bGMZ-oWXhwY

Thank you for sharing now I can post it here! Wendy

Amazing work Wendy

Great video props too

Cheers

hang10tiki thank you. This is all so much fun.

=============================

Before shipping this painting, off to little lost tiki aka Ken Ruzic I updated his hair color. It now hangs next to a painting done by Big Toe which is also of Ken.

4/16/2011. His hair was darker when I did this painting of him.

I haven't done many paintings but when I retire from ceramics this is what I will do with all my free time. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-04-24 09:27 ]

A clone
Perfect

Thanks hang 10tiki.

I took a plate and drew a Moai on it and fired it.

Hung in the danlovestikis tiki jungle room.

Great one Wendy

This Wish was completed for Marlo Gamora. May 2019.

Lots of colors in that one
Kool

hang10tiki's own design for the Wish List.

hang10tiki your are a great photographer. Thank you for all the pictures of your 2019 Wish.

More projects completed for Wish List #8 Phase Four.

Bob heaven

Hula Bob, no sense of humor, he just cracked up. One wish down the drain.

The MadDogMike 2019 July Tiki Art Swap is in progress. This is what I made to swap.

I finished this on 7/1/19 with the intent on having this be my submission for the Tiki Oasis Art Show for 2020.

Wendy

UPDATE: Before shipping I added twinkle stars to the sky and blue to the tikis nose.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2020-01-17 10:09 ]

Ray Wyland came for a visit and while there he did a second blog showing me working on a Tiki Bobette.

Hamo says Great video with Ray, Wendy (and love Dan's little "cameo" at the beginning...)!

https://youtu.be/yyGBNqZ9ZOc

I just saw that episode yesterday! It was one of my favorites yet.
LOVE the black velvet painting, btw. It's gorgeous.

Wendy, beautiful works!!

Sandbartender that's so much fun to hear. I've watched it a few times myself. It was fun to see Dan walk by and pull up his pants and then a little while after our neighbors cat walked by. I like those kinds of moments best. I'm so happy you like the BV painting. It's fun to have it done a year in advance.

OceaOtica ah, right back at you! Thank you.

Wendy

Catch up's on a whole lot of Tiki Bob's and Wishes filled. I'm still working on glazing Wish List #8 phase four.

Each lamp is cast as a blank and then I add clay to the sides of the tiki and then I hand carve it all the way around and I also carve a unique top which is removable for the wiring to go in. This was done for Alexis Antonio.

This Hot Tub Hula Girl was done for Andy Baron.

One of these was done for Arthur Vasser.

This orange super carved Tiki Bob was done for David Kappadahl.

This Elvis Fun Fake was done for Chippy aka David Nelms.

This huge bowl was done for Fred Ferrer.

This Elvis Fun Fake was done for Vance Klinke's wife Janae.

This Frankoma War God mug was for John Markovich.

This Disneyland Tribute to the the brother of MaukaHale was copied as a wish and is to hang behind MaukaHale's tiki bar. I hope it brings back all the best memories for you.

This was taken home by Doyle Rockwell who lives around the corner from us and is working on his and wife Rachael's tiki room.

This supercarved Tiki Bob was done for Scott Nosenko.

Cheers, Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies