Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Whos Tiki Yard in Fullerton, CA?

Pages: 1 2 replies

While trail walking I came across a great big home with a big tiki yard overlooking Laguna Lake in Fullerton, CA. From what I could see in the back yard is a pretty good sized tiki hut with thatched roof and A-frame and a tall crested bird's head decor adorning the point of the frame. Looks like a torch at the very top. They also have a deck overlooking the lake with fishnets on the railings and tikis scattered around. Anyone know the people who live here? Are any of YOU the people who live here? Just wanted to say Aloha and invite them to the Ohana.

(edited to remove street name)

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-06-19 15:18 ]

Sounds like Laney's friends whom she posted about back in 2004:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=8015&forum=1&start=75

If so, I think the original pictures on page 1 were deleted by Laney in fear that too much publicity might cause problems for her friends who were elderly and fairly private.

I'm of a mixed mind on this one - I love that we have the record of the photos that Digitiki re-posted on page 6, but I'm still worried that the secret might get out and the folks who live there might get unscrupulous folks knocking on their door and offering to buy their tikis.

I'd urge that if anyone does visit the place to take a peek - please be discrete.

Good find, Kiki.

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2009-06-19 14:04 ]

Sabu, thanks so much for the link to the old thread! This is definitely the place I walk past on the trail, the bird on the A-Frame is unmistakable. I won't put any pics of the front or post the address in respect for their privacy. Thanks to Digitiki for saving and re-posting the pics from Laney, too! What a gem of a place this is!

I had to laugh about the comments about walking her lamb - this is a semi rural area that has horse property and a bridle trail right in the middle of Orange County. Now the trail is used mostly for mountain bikers and walkers. But it's a beautiful setting and a nice little lake.

I can't see much from the trail or the lake to know if it still looks just the same, but I can tell you the bird is still there. I didn't see the tiki poles that are leaning over the pool area, so those may be gone. I think I will put a note on their door and see if they are open to a visit from someone who will be appreciative of their handiwork! I'll post back next week and let you know what happens. I told my fellow walkers (co-workers) that I would find out more about this place and sure enough! The Tiki Ohana is alive and well and pretty darn well-connected!

Retro Modern Wahine......Kiki von Tiki on etsy

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-06-19 15:22 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies