Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

small wood carving from France. Short update last page

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 695 replies

A

" I'm not a magician..."

Maybe not, but you are definately a craftsman of the highest order. You are producing some remarkable work here!!!

B

No, I think you Are a Magician, you made us all believe you created this cool treasure, Pretty cool "Sleight of Hand" if you ask me???

No Way,, I Know you did it and it is beautiful and I Know you had fun figuring it out!

B

No, I think you Are a Magician, you made us all believe you created this cool treasure, Pretty cool "Sleight of Hand" if you ask me???

No Way,, I Know you did it and it is beautiful and I Know you had fun figuring it out!

B

On 2010-03-21 14:24, Benzart wrote:

Magician or illusionnist ?!? :wink:

Great stuff (as always)

B.

T

Oh WOW... brilliant! Very clever piece you made. Thanks for sharing. :)

T

On 2010-03-11 21:46, laojia wrote:

Jerome, I forgot to say that even your boxes are amazing! :o :o Very inspiring to say the least.

[ Edited by: TheBigT 2010-03-22 14:26 ]

S

Wow that moai pendant in the box is the bomb! Love It.
Some fine looking work coming out of this garage.

L

Hello everybody! Thank you for this amount of reply and comment,it makes work my English ...

Wplugger thank for reply! I'm a jeweller since last week... I worked most of the pieces myself and found the remains at the bottom drawers of old, except for spring ball and the gold ware that I have ordered.

4WD, thank's for the comp'! Very appreciate, really!

Thank you Surfin'! Is pink ivory wood and white shell.

Eric 21, merci à toi!

Amate, really not a magician, in any case this piece made me grow a lot of levels... Thank's for the kind word!

BenZ! What's happens? Two double post in one page :o ... Yes a real pleasure to do that, and a lot of pressure with deadline. So no room for error... Thank you for the kind words sensei carver!

Bennno! Thank you bro'! One more time you're right: "the illusionnist" is the movie...

BigT, thank's for stopping here and the comp'! What's news from Texas?

Seeksurf, the bomb was sent to England. I think they are happy to have... Thank you! I'll post some pics from the workshop soon...

Just one pic today: a Hei candy tiki:

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

L

I had almost forgotten, yet I often think ...

Meet us at Paris in May, Luau the 8th at 19h30..

more info here and here

TB

this is soooo sweet :)
I want to eat one! :wink:.. poor little hei tiki... :D

BD

holy cow jerome! i love my koru you made but i feel these are exceptional. very, very nice. and the boxes you make are wonderful as well.

bd

Great craftsmanship going on in this thread! Excellent work in every piece you post.

L
laojia posted on Fri, Apr 2, 2010 1:48 AM

Hey Baï! It's not for eating, not before the exhibition in any case...

Big Daddy, glad to see you here and thank's for stopping by...

Thank's for comment and the comp' Ray.

Just a pics from the workshop today with an half Hawaïan mask not finished:

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

more info here

T

On 2010-03-26 02:39, laojia wrote:
BigT, thank's for stopping here and the comp'! What's news from Texas?

Well, it's spring time. And that means.... Allergy Season! :lol:

Got a couple of new things in the works, just haven't posted any pics. The mask looks good. You've got some nice tools there! Is that a steel mallot?? Do you use it like any other mallot?

C

Great job on the heart, very cleverly executed, good luck on the event it's going to be great for sure, with all that talent together in one place!

L
laojia posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 9:43 PM

Hi Clarita! Thank's for the comp' and the support for the event!

Hi BigT, allergy season, damn... strongly summer! Can't wait your new work... Thank's for the comp' on the mask! In fact, it is my collaborative pieces for an other project... Other details soon.
For the mallet (mallot!?!) I use a brass mallet, very good sensation of weight, and a composite mallet lighter but very good for roughing. This one in the middle is made of ashtree, made by my father on his lathe, pretty but too light.

Well... New from the bench:

My wife's Hei Matau finally lashing with grenadill Hei Tiki:

Back view, the other hand...

In the sunset, just for the shade of wood...

An other guy in grenadill, first time I work with dremel in my carving for the Hei Matau and the shoulder tatoo.

Thank's for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

Tikitribe Paris

B

Excellent stuff as usual Jerome but that Hei Matau is Especially nice with sweet lines and detail,, VERY Well Done. This one really takes the Cake! :o :D

B

Excellent stuff Sir L. seems like you're born with a Dremel in your hands.

B.

great work AGAIN!!!!! always glad to see a new post on your thread here at TC.

S

You have truly mastered these guys. They are incredible. Good to see you around and going @ it hard.
You are a welcome treasure around here.

L

A lil' friday update...

"This one really takes the Cake!" :o What this? In any case thank's for your kind word sensei carver! I'm really glad you've finally finished this Lono, it motivates me to finish mine too when I realized that there is still a long way to go...

Hey Bennno!!! Thank you! But I still much uncertainty with this tool ... And then it's too noisy. :evil: :roll:

CreativeChimp, thank's for your comp'. Me too, I'm always glad to see your work! :D

Seeksurf, thank you! My treasures are small beside those of tiki bog... I'm glad to see that the heydays inspire you create new. :wink:

Pics of the Day: last Blackwood pendant in our "mirabellier" in bloom, a local plum tree.

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

Have been trough your thread backwards, only to find a ton of really excellent work.

L

Thank's for comment Grapa-ruHa! :wink:

This weekend, finishing some stuff:

Other pics to come...

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

NIIIICE! my favorite is the one in the middle.....great work laojia. all 3 got a groooovy style going on.......

B

WOW:

:o

WOW WOW WOW :

:o :o :o

More awesome than awesome.
J'adore,

B.

Love your tiki trio Jerome, beautiful work.

S

Yes, killer work on the trio. I don't know if you sell your work but i would
keep them together.

B

Yeah, What the Other Ben Said, these three are really showing your skills and the last Blackwood guy is Beautiful too!. Can't believe I'm not wearing one of your pieces..

L
laojia posted on Tue, May 4, 2010 8:51 PM

Not much time at the moment, finishing last pieces for the exhibition, another thousand little details to settle.
Thank you all, Creative Chimp, Bennno, Congatiki, seeksurf And Benz for the comp and comment. Always appreciated even if I do not have time to reply, thank you again!

Just one pic, my first Lono (3,2 feet!) almost almost finished that will accompany me to Paris this weekend:

More pix next monday!

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

B

Still Really love This guy Jerome, he Has to be one of my favorites by you.
Also Love that Lono and the Lowered area where you painted your Moniker is just Perfect!
If it says "LAOJIA" on the Bottom, It's GOTTA BE GOOD!

L

Thank's again BenZ for the kind word! I, alas, made this Lono a little bit too quickly ... but so it is finished for the exhibition. With hindsight, I said that there are lots of things I should have done differently. I am greatly inspired by your work and that of seeksurf for this one. I still have quite a way to go. I hope the next will be better!

Well here some progress and final shot:

first, the log:

Chainsaw work...
thank's for cleaning! :P

chiseling the body...

...the mouth...

....hairdress, hard time with chisel and mallet...

... face done...

... finishing the hairdress, textured body, sanding and stain to look grown old "wood is kept outdoors"

Two coat of varnishes

And saturday the 8th of may in Paris with the art of the other french Tiki carver:
Jimmy Virani's pics :wink:

Now a few days of vacation before new projects.
Thank's for looking!

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

:down: and if you go to Paris this month, please go :down:

T

Wow Jerome, stellar work. I have been missing out on your posts. I love those sawhorses you have. Those look heavy duty! Might have to build some like that. :wink:

It looks like you have made your own stencil for your signature. Very cool.

Man that is some GREAT stuff! I'm loving what I'm seeing!

B

WOW Jerome, You learn Quickly, that is an Awesome Lono and I can see inspirations from Seeks' and my Lono.. Well done!

Excellent as usual!

B

You got center stage in the window! Congrats! The Tiki Tribe show looks like it was a lot of fun.

Bowie

W

Man, that Lono sure looks good in that window.

Truely amazing work as always. Fantastic Lono.

S

Whoo hoo right on! Great looking Lono. Im really enjoying your works.
Love the chain saw mess you had going on.

C

Great new ones! love the trio guys, and the mirabellier tree you got, beautiful.

L

Hey happy TC'ers, thank's a lot for stopping here!

BiGT, thank's for the comp'! For the sawhorse (homemade) I can give you the blueprint... And for the signature, it was a sticker made by my buddy.. ( shameless advertising )... :roll:

Surfin', thank you! After your big trip, you also have to be full of inspiration... Waiting, waiting your new work! :D

Sensei carver! You have the eye of the expert. Thank you! :wink:

Thank you Tom!

Yes, Bowie, lot of fun for the Tiki Tribe show, and this adventure will continue!

Wplugger, If my Lono sure looks good in that window is because it is surrounded by other stuff of great carver: Tikiller, Akuae, Baï, Benella, coxico and Joco. Thank you for comment!

Simon, thank you and greetings from France for you and Nina. :)

Hey Craig! I hire you to clean my workshop when you want! :P Thank's for reply!

Clarita, thank you too! Now the flower are gone and the fruits begins to come, wait a few more weeks...

With the sun of the last day, many things have flocked to the workbench, here the last pendants: An inspired maori figure in a wooden whale tooth form :

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

L

Carving quickly for the birthday of an old friend. cord work lashing today.

A old large koru in grenadill re-lashing

Have a nice day!

J.

Amazing work. (as always)

A

That whale is really cool! Where do you find your inspiration or are these your own designs? Very nice stuff.

B

Darn, it's been awhile since I've been here Jerome and I'm Really loving your new stuff, especially the "inspired Maori figure in a wooden whale tooth form" that I'm Really, Really, Envious of, but All your stuff is always excellent and in fact I need you and that Seeks guy to Stop carving Lono's, you're making it really hard on me to compete and keep up!! :o
Love the Shop Shots, beautiful work space, you KNOW what those photos do to me?

L

Lil' update on this thread before I go in the sun for some holiday next week...

Kon-Hemsby, thank's for support!

Amate, thank you also! I find inspiration through these forums, other website, also some books and sometimes it just comes ...

BenZ!!! "you're making it really hard on me to compete and keep up!" It's a joke?!?
I can not believe it especially when I see your latest work In particular with the delicacy of line and facial expressions ... Do not worry, you're far way ahead Sensei Carver. Thank's for comment!

I have not been too much to carving these last weeks, rather in exhibitions and mai tai, these are also things that go well! I still start a few things:

First, a little chip on a tiny panel Maori

some chiseling... Besides, the Tiki Tribe pendant, handcarved in walnut.

It is the first of a limited serie of eleven.

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

T

Loves the Tiki Tribe pendant.

S

Well done! The flat board looks interesting.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 695 replies