Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

where I grew up (my tiki influance started from day one!

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

Hi all, I mostly read the formuns but rearly write , but I am saddend to tell all that I have to sell my mothers home where I grew up. If you want to see it go to http://www.544paseomiramar.com , I have photos as a youngster in the mid 60's hunting for easter eggs in the korean grass in the back yard,growing up next to the coast, surfing, biking etc, never really realizing what a cool house I grew up in. I moved to phoenix in the 90's and always was tiki minded. I have tikis every where, my vintage vw busse 1967,1962,1966 are all tiki theme. I have 2 boys 21 and 12 and drive them crazy with tiki stuff, I even married a New Zealander, and when we went back to NZ, wow I was in tiki land. any way , I just had the urge to ramble on and share some of my story. I tried calling tiki mag 3 time but no answer, but I keep it open. Most of the people looking at this house , will, level it and rebuild. It is such a tiki piece of history and would be ashame to loose it without sharing it. If any one wants more story let me know. thanks scott woodward AKA tikibad

Damn! sell your place. Your mom's place is awesome!!!!!

T

thanks, it really is, but I made my own little paradise in phoenix

D
Danno posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2009 6:42 PM

Awesome home! Beautiful!

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2009 7:13 PM

How sad tikibad :( I love that neighborhood, I used to surf Amalfi Dr. in the mid 70's and was even enrolled in Pali High for a while. What great memories you must have. At least your mom should get buku bucks cuz Pacific Palisades ain't cheap...

T

wow pali! I grad in 83 went to pali and beverly, the palisades is not the same as it once was, its a mini beverly, I used to surf ( in the 70's) too at sunset, zuma, dana point, thanks scott

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2009 9:21 PM

yea, sunset point, awesome!...

T

Almost finished with the tiki bus, mouri theme new zealand

Scott, the slab tabletops and accessories are beautiful, but don't they weigh a ton?

T

Not really the lower table weights more than the top, plus it has a 914 porsche motor, I am going to to trim in carved mouri design wood any ideas???thanks scott

T

hi all, well the mid century house that I grew up in finally sold! and whats even cooler the new owner is going to restore it, not level it like so many wanted to do. check it out http://www.544paseomiramar.com tikibad

T

Amazing House. Glad it went into the right hands.

I'm so glad to hear the home went to someone who can appreciate it. Sorry you had to sell it, but now you can do even more to your place, right? Gotta look at the bright side. Anyway, congratulations!!

Pages: 1 12 replies