Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm 4th Annual Sale great new photos pg 15

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Apr 16, 2008 8:34 PM

Dibs on the Hawaii 5-0 books!

Coming to a Parking Lot Sale Near You! May I introduce.........

All images property of Moai Mafia Inc...violators will be....well...you'll see!

Just a note for something to do after.
some friends of mine that have a surf band, also do a jazz band called
the quartet. they will be playing at the Flying Bridge in Oceanside from
7 pm till midnight.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey kids! Here's a sneaky peek into Cell Block #18. Housed here are the notorious Badland Beads, Big Toe & Clysdalle

The inmates have created a 20 foot wall of art (pic not available due to security), handcrafted fantastic carvings, sculptures & jewelry, prints & apparel. You'll be able to purchase souvenirs via cash, personal check, paypal, major credit cards through paypal, food stamps, gas cards & library cards (not really the 3 payment options). So stop by and say hi before they're sent to the chair!

R

Welp! The Parkin Lot Sale is this saturday and i can't wait!
I decided to ditch the Kissing booth idea and have a Tiki Toss game instead!

Come and throw your balls at me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MT

Hmmmmm, maybe I will come down for this event after all....

There seems to be no number for the face. What if we land one there?

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2008-04-17 15:16 ]

T

I just got a call from Cynthia from My Vintage Hut. She is bringing me some hair flowers to sell for the ladies . She sold out in Vegas with me but she whipped up a batch for the show . These are high quality and each one handmade . She supplies the pinups for their photoshoots as well as celebrities . Her flowers were worn by Kat Von D in her reality show promos and ads . Check em out girls , first come first served .

( Pinups NOT included )

Kate - Thanks for listing all those hyperlinks!

Hey ya'll - Last weekend I had a chance to see the stuff Doug Dorr will have on hand and it's friggin cool as all hell. And for all of you that don't know who Mr G is, well, you're in for huge treat...here's a taste of his work

You can see more here: http://www.mr-gkrazyart.com/

Bill - remember that one time you threw your balls and Rave and they landed on her forehead?...yeahhh...that was cool.....STOOPID!

The Mr and I are packing up the car and heading west. We can't wait 'cause last year was such a blast! Here's some of the velvety goodness that we're bringing with us.

D

Be sure to bring the Keiki to the coloring room. Paula will be located in the Tiki Farm office. There will be a Tiki surprise for the first 25 kids.

We'll have a booth at the sale, here's some of what you can find at Space 29:
My Tikis

More tikis

Even More Tikis!

Plus my wife will have her creations, including pillows, purses, totes and zipper bags all made from vintage barkcloth

Lots of bikinis, some also made of vintage fabrics

Tiki closeup

And she'll have the Monoi product line of gardenia scented lotions and soaps.

Come by and say Hi at Space 29!

Fire Mountain Tikis and
Mokihana Swimwear

B

I'll be hawking pendants like these in space #5. See ya on Saturday!

H

Aloha guys and gals,

when I´m watching all these beautiful stuff at the pictures,
I think it will be an awesome weekend at Tiki Farm.
T wish you all a great sale and lots of fun.
I´m looking forward to see some pictures!
Mahalo, Kai

C

New from Cammo...

the first in a line of Tiki Aftershaves!

All natural, based on a formula from 1675.

GT

Hope to see a bunch of TC'ers at the sale, Stop by and say Hi! Holden made a small typo on the vendors list ( GoGo Tiki ) No Biggie! Dani and I will be there ( Go Tiki ) Here is just a little bit of stuff I will be bringing, Mahalo! Gogo

On a Quick note Im bringing a 40 by 52 inch New Miller Geiune Draft sign its framed . ready to hang I won it at Damons kool piece . great for your bar, tiki room ect .

We'll be raffling off an ULTRA RARE #11 of 25 A/P run of our 1st Edition 2000 Shag TALL RATONGO, SHORT RATONGO, KAPU KAPU, KU KU KANA & TUNGA TOA mugs!

Tickets will be $2 each or 6 for $10. The winner will be announced at the close of the event. Winner need not be present.

GOOD LUCK!

To all vendors: John Corbid (Dibroc) will be your key contact for any questions or assistance needs at the event.

Street Signage: I've produced ample street signage for our guests which will go up along Pico around 7:30am

Vendor Layout: With a cancellation and a few additions, here is the new, slightly revised vendor layout...

Your booth will be clearly marked with your booth boundaries and your business name.

I know I should have called Cobain for advice. Those crackerjack party rental cats can load a vehicle blindfolded!

Whoops... Hey! That's not a fish float!

Just got everything all packed up!
About 90 paintings and 200 drawings for you to delight in!
Will also have Tiki Coloring Books and Prints
Here's a few more things I'll be bringing....

"the SeaMonster"

"Stained Glass Fish"
a BIG print on giclee! Hand- embellished!

"Cave of the Cannibals"

the original drawing that inspired "Oli-Oli-Kakaka-Pupule"
my three TikiFarm mugs sculpted by Squid!

"the Pineapple King"

"Tiki Surf Mandala"

"Four-Armed Tiki" with Bamboo ben wooden shield!

"Blue Tiki"

DEALS! DEALS! DEALS!
Prices from $10 up to get yourself some beautiful ART!
See y'all tomorrow!
ZIPFIZZ!

TT

Can't wait for saturday!!!!!!!!
See you all there..

S
squid posted on Fri, Apr 18, 2008 9:05 PM

On 2008-04-18 20:08, Tiki Trav wrote:
Can't wait for saturday!!!!!!!!
See you all there..

Hide your daughters and lock your liquor cabinets!!!

See ya Trav :)

Little Lost Tiki...

you big show off... like a one man art factory.... and its great art too..

im packed and ready... ready to say goodbye to these.... one is already sold.. only three remain..

shoot cant make it out. everyone have a blast!

CA

SUuuuuuuuPER FARMER is Back!!!

only 38! "individual" one of a kind Tiki-Farmer'ific Tik'ni'color Farmers Were made for the Bash last summer!!
ONLY 30 Natural Wood Farmers in a variety of tones!

never mass produced, hand colored one of a kind keep sake... of Holden non the less...

$25 for the Wood Tone
$30 for the Farm'o-matic Colors

ALSO: The Lava Line! editions of 25... a few firsts.. 1/25.. are done and ready for sale.

AND.... Me have the TikiTeal Edition of 25 each!!

many AP's up for bid... and check out the new
"Flat" Line!!! as well!!! It's Mug-Mania!!

Hi Ho..Hi Ho.. It's off to The Tiki Farm Parking Lots Sale we Go :) WooHoo!!

The Tiki Farm sale was fantastic! Holden has outdone himself again. Great to see all the fan-tiki-natics out in droves, and catching up with friends.

TT

Great to see everyone and pick up some deals!
Ken Ruzic asked me on a date but i had to decline, sorry Ken, I have a girlfriend.

Hi. My name is Kate, and I buy tiki mugs.

It was a great day at the Farm. I shopped...a lot. I was able to get the Ruzic piece that I wanted along with Doug Horne and Mieko's fabulous pendant and Cammo's Danger Mask pendant (which is also fabulous, by the way.)

The Tikiyaki Orchestra was well worth the wait.

K
Kahu posted on Sat, Apr 19, 2008 8:36 PM

Ya know, it is almost cruel having to look at all of that sweet tiki stuff. LOL Glad to hear so many had a great time.

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Apr 19, 2008 9:27 PM

My Mom came with us, she's gonna be 80 in two weeks and she LOVED the Tikiyaki Orchestra! We bought her their CD, she hung out with Kennie and Bong and went pendant shopping. Now she wants to come back for Oasis and start posting on TC.

By the way, Kate was there so early she was actually helping unload vendor swag at 7:30 am. She's such a pro, but a nice pro, y'know?

CRAP!!

Just got back @ 8:00 tonight.

Missed it by THAT much.......

(back on the road tues.....)

Can't wait to see pics and you-tube vid of Teriyaki!

Arrrr!.

T

Here is a few before and during pics
My Space

Mr G hard at work

Dancing lessons

The "Tikiyaki Dancers"?

Tikiyaki Orchestra

Brothers from different mothers?

Mr. G hard at work on a project for Dave's not Home

Today was my first event as a vendor at an event like this. I met a lot of TC'ers and had a good time I look forward to the next event I can make.

"There is hardly anything in the world some man can not
make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the
people who consider price alone, are this mans lawful prey"

[ Edited by: TikiRick 2008-04-19 21:55 ]

Who won the shag mugs?

TM

Wow! What a great event! I liked seeing so many TC'ers there!

The big news, though: The TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA!

This was their debut, and first live preformance. Yet, it sounded like they have been playing together for years! I loved the whole concept, from the 1950's style upscale chinese restaraunt waiters outfits they all wore, to the sound and tone of the whole thing. The excellent time keeping and gorgeous electric bass tone of veteran bassist Jonpaul, (who can play everything from Jazz to Rock) to the awesome and pro-level drumming of Squid and his percussionist, to the cheesy and vegas style stage banter of Marty Lush (did I get that name right?) who was a great vibe player (and had a real Disney Jungle boat cruise operator sense of humor), to the iconic, stoic and regal stage presence of leader Jim, who doubled on percussion and surf guitar and reminded me of an evil version of Johnny Cash! These guys were frikin awesome! The tone of thier performance matched the CD they have created perfectly, and was really mixed well. You could hear everything perfectly, crisp and clean! These guys should be headlining the next Tiki Oasis! Bravo, guys!

T

Yesterday was my first Tiki Farm parking lot sale & all I can say is WOW! I met a lot of cool vendors & came home broke. Holden, I thought you said the mugs were seconds. When got home I checked out all 12 mugs I bought & I could only find a flaw on one! The only bad thing was I had to leave before hearing the Tikiyaki Orchestra. Looking forward to next sale, show or event. To Holden & all the vendors, thanks for a great day.

[ Edited by: TikiPops 2008-04-20 09:31 ]

well I was gonna post a review of Tikiyaki also,
But Lucas covered it perfectly.

all I can add is WOW!!!
they should really be at tiki oasis.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

There is nothing like a bunch of men in matching Asian suits.

Tikiyaki Orchestra rocked!

I'll never be the same!

Jen

WooHoo!! What a Day!! Mucho Mahalos to Holden, The Tiki Farm Ohana, Dibroc, DJ LavaFlow, The Hula Dancers, All the Vendors, and The Tikiyaki Orchestra for putting together such an Awesome Event. We had so much fun seeing everyone :)
The Toastin Traders will return next year. WooHoo!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-04-20 15:31 ]

S
squid posted on Sun, Apr 20, 2008 1:13 PM

First of all, thanks to Holden, Jorge, Lupe, Dibroc, Paula, Sharon and Gary for putting on a first-class, rockin' event! The dancers were most excellent!! The vendors were the shizz and I scored a new vintage aloha shirt!! HAPPY!!!

Thank you all for hanging out long enough to catch the Tikiyaki Orchestra! I am thrilled to have pleased your ear(s) and doubly thrilled to be playing with this uber-talented bunch of lunatics. Yes, it did take a long time to actually debut the orchestra, but rounding up the right people (7 of them no less) with enough dedication to Jim's vision was about as easy as herding cats.

Here's the whole nutty gang:

Jonpaul "Rummy" Balak - Big Bottom Bass and Sailor Jerry.

Mark "Digitiki" Riddle, who shall now be known as "Marty Lush" - Vibes, drunken banter, cocktail shakers and service bell.

Brian "Kassanova" Kassan - Keyboards, guitar, healthy snacks and mystery gong.

Mark Gusek - 4-limbed percussive insanity, dress socks and porkpie.

Gary Brandin - Lap Steel, KitchenAid blender and Studebaker transmission.

Dave "Squid" Cohen - Drums, mugs, 8-tracks and irritating noises.

Jim "Tikiyaki" Bacchi - Composer, director, sushi, guitar, keyboards and Brooklyn beatdowns.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Tiki Invasion!!!

N

A big mahalo to Holden and the gang at Tiki Farm for another wonderful event. It was great seeing everyone yesterday. The Tiki season is officially kicked off!

What a day! The weather gods weren't in our favor but ultimately come Tikiyaki time, it got pretty nice out! And today it's like 75 degrees outside... missed it by that much!

Giant Mahaloz to Dibroc, Paula, Jorge & Sharon (my Ohana), Lupe, Michelle & Stacy Iniguez, Gary (DJ Lava Flow), Kate for arriving early & helping out, the many awesome vendors and all who attended this great event! Also a special surprise mahalo to a guy who I see a lot but forget his name... the red-haired kilt wearing fellow w/Ho-Dad Hank. I caught him out of the corner of my eye a couple of times picking up trash & then folding up chairs... very appreciated & a nice guy!

Okay, the Tikiyaki Orchestra...

I'm going to be honest in that generally, I can only take about 3-4 tracks of "Exotica" before I have (need) to mix it up a bit... that's just my personal taste in terms of my music listening pleasures. Having said that... THESE GUYS KICKED ASS!! There is something about their sound that is unlike any other bands playing this same vein of music. I am no musician but as best as I can tell is that the combination of their phenomenal, mutual skills and just the way they attack this style of music & how clean & layered it was... trust me that when the occassion arises and schedules permitting, Tiki Farm will gladly host an event that is 100% centered around the Tikiyaki Orchestra!! My most sincere gratitude is due these awesome cats! If Otto has for any reason some last minute cancellations, he'd be smart to bring in the T.O. to the T.O.! See, now they even have their own new abbreviation - THEY'RE THAT GOOD!

T.O.... are you guys gonna get together for a studio cd anytime in the future? I sure hope so!

Who was that guy that showed up with the Tikis mid-day? Did he really take out his tailgate with one that fell out of the back of his truck?

On 2008-04-20 14:37, MakeDaMug wrote:
Also a special surprise mahalo to a guy who I see a lot but forget his name... the red-haired kilt wearing fellow w/Ho-Dad Hank. I caught him out of the corner of my eye a couple of times picking up trash & then folding up chairs... very appreciated & a nice guy!

That's Erik, aka Mr NoNaMe on the board. A very good guy, and a regular at our Chops.

Who was that guy that showed up with the Tikis mid-day? Did he really take out his tailgate with one that fell out of the back of his truck?

Haha, I'm not sure, but I sure can guess!
But I'll wait for the definative answer. :wink:

Thanks again Holden, for a great time! My day went well, weather and economy be damned. :D

HOLDEN! THANK YOU! We all had a GREAT time! The Tikiyaki Orch. WAS KICKIN! I would love to see them at Tiki Oasis!??? :) I picked up tons of goods for my new home bar the "Kapu Cave" Monkeymans Lamps are great quality I'm more than thrilled to have a few hanging in the bar! I bought puffer fish, floats & mugs from Tiki Farm & Mr G. himself to pinstripe some mugs I brought along to boot! NOT to mention my 8 Track copy of the Tikiyaki Orch. outta sight! :D Yes all that stuff fit into my car... amazing & I'm glad it was cooler out rather than HOT!
"Who was that guy that showed up with the Tikis mid-day? Did he really take out his tailgate with one that fell out of the back of his truck?"
I have no idea who he was but when he pulled out the spray paint & started painting the Tiki's I was just beyond looking any further ha!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-04-20 15:35 ]

TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA ROCKS!
Last time i was that impressed by a live group of over 5-6 performers was 1983 at the US Festival watching Oingo Boingo and the English Beat playing! TIGHT!
Thank you Holden for sponsoring and organizing yet another Great Parking lot Sale!
So much Love!
So much Talent!
So many LAFFS!
I'm Hooked!
here's some photos that I'm too lazy to fully narrate...

SQUID!

JONPAUL GETTING INTENSE...

TIKITRAV AND HIS POOR GIRLFRIEND!

WOOHOO! TIKITOSS!

LOVELY LADIES!

TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA BROUGHT TO YOU BY
THEIR PROUD SPONSOR TRENCHLESS.COM!

THE GUY IN YELLOW LOOKED LIKE ADAM SANDLER WITH A GOATEE!
HIM AND HIS GIRLFRIEND TOTALLY MATCHED!

HULA!

MORE TIKITOSS!

CRAZY AL SIGNING A MUG....

MIEKO! i gots two beautiful Mieko pendants yesterday! YAY!

ZAYA!

LIZ TAYLOR....ER...HIPHIPAHULA WITH THE FIRST FOUR OF 20 BAGS OF PURCHASES!

TIKIBONG, MIKE, AND ROXANNE!

AND I LEAVE YOU WITH MY FAVORITE SHOT....
BIGTOE DOING HIS BEST FRED SANFORD! :lol:

Thanks again Holden!
That was really a Great Day!

K
Kahu posted on Sun, Apr 20, 2008 5:18 PM

So LLT, any leftovers? LOL I figure you had enough art done to have one for each attendee. thanks for posting all the pics everyone.

GT

What a fun time! Little on the Cool, Breezy side for a So Cal day for sure! Thanks Holden for the invite and all the fun! John (Dibroc) You do so much all the time! You and Paula do so much behind the scene's incredible! Mahalo both of you! Tikiyaki Orchestra, What else can be said here that hasn't been said all ready, Awesome! Mahalo! Gogo and Dani

John (Dibroc) "The Ohana" Of the So Cal Tc'ers

Soccer Tiki Having Fun!

Dani and Gogo, Selling some ware.

Good seeing and meeting all of you who show interest in my art!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-04-20 18:24 ]

T

FUN FUN FUN !!!

SUPER DUPER GI-NORMOUS MAHALOS to HOLDEN for having us make our debut at this awesome event. We have to do another Tiki Farm/Tikiyaki event soon. You rule kiddo !

By the positive reactions, it looks like most folks have forgiven us for not playing the Nov 2nd Tiki magazine Show at the Bali Hai in San Diego last year (hopefully!)....sorry for the wait, and I hope we made up for it.

Thanx for all the kind words on here, you guys rule.

Thanx to DiBroc for all the technical help, Gary for the speaker stands and the Hula Gals for, well.... Hula-ing !

As for my band...Am I a lucky guy to have all those great people in one band or what ? I'll answer that...YES ! I just wanna thank them for bringing it all to life and making it a really fun experience along the way.

I only wish I had a chance to check out all the great stuff for sale...I was too busy setting up, stressing out, and making sure that everything was ok.

We'll have some video up on Youtube soon for you peeps that missed it.

See you on May 3rd at TIKI INVASION II !!!

BTW...I finally got to see Mugoomba !...AWESOME !!!

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-04-20 18:07 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies