Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Things and Such by MeHeadhunter... Replica Survivor Immunity Necklace Page 8

Pages: 1 2 3 112 replies

leleliz.....yeah, its been probably a year or so since I've posted anything up on my own thread. Had a hell of a time tryin to find the damn thing....life comes at you pretty fast sometimes, and leaves no time for the fun stuff. I've recently been layed off from my job so, I hope to get some fun time in now. I never could have gotten the devil girl done without the nude modeling session we had....thanks so much for the inspiration!!! LOL

Gambino...Thanks so much for the comps.....I hope to get some new stuff done soon!!

Welcome Back and killer work!
Great job on the guitar! And who
doesn't love pierced tattooed devil girls!
Not me!
More please!

Iokona Ki'i.....Thanks...it's great to be be back.
Been admiring your velvets....very nice!!!

L

I was out of work for over 6 months so I feel ya on that my friend.

I am sure you will be able to create some more killer stuff with your new found "leisure" time and I look forward to seeing it ! Be sure to post .

(best of luck on the job search also. it sucks for sure but things really DO happen for a reason)

This is a didgeridoo that I made, then painted and pinstriped....It's for inspiration for Little Lost Tiki....Cant wait to see the final result!!! Go Wild Kinny!!!
Me Playin' It

A close up of striping

Thanks for lookin'

Holy sweet mother of Didgeridoo!!! :o That is so cool!

Very Cool!
a pinstriped Didgeridoo!!!

tre cool!

Thanks for the pics.Sir!
:)

Great striping on that there thingaroo!

MadDogMike....Thanks...It's a blast to play....especially when you get a few drums in the mix!!
LLT....Thanks...I hope these pics will give you abit of inspiration....Can't wait!!!
Sam....Thank you very much....I think I will name it "thingaroo"...Very cool!!

Here is my offering for the 2009 Art Swap...Inspired by the Lower Sepik Region...A Spirit Mask!!

[ Edited by: Meheadhunter 2009-06-29 22:37 ]

Very Cool Mask there MHH!
Stoked it's goin in the SWAP!

Sweet! Great added accents with the jute 'n stuff.

Killer job on the didgeridoo! And your PNG mask
is gonna make some lucky person happy!

Kinny...Thanks....I'm pretty stoked to be participating in the swap!!
MadDogMike....Glad you like...Hope the person who recieves it likes it as well!!
Iokona Ki'i....Thanks....It was great to get in the studio and actually do something...it was much needed!!

[ Edited by: Meheadhunter 2009-07-01 12:14 ]

This is a bowling pin I've had sittin' around for quite some time that was calling for something to be painted on it, So here he is......Mr. Green Teeth!!!

I really have a hard time photographing glossy surfaces, Always have a glare....Sorry

Nice NiCe NICER Love it all... thanks for sharing

What a great pin! What better to adorn with enamel than a bowling pin? You've done a great job with this!

Meheadhunter, you always paint on the coolest surfaces! Guitars, big breasted mannequins, didgeridoos, bowling pins, Polynesian buttplugs (oh wait, that wasn't you) :lol:

Great job

Cool stuff Wes. Love the pinstriped goodies the bowling pins and the devil girl is killer. Keep up the great work.

F

Very cool, wish I could find more stuff to paint on. Well that and find time to paint, the kids are keeping us tied up right now.

L
Liana posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 9:39 PM

That looks sweet as! I've always wanted to get a bowling pin tiki-fied but I cant find any bowling pins!! The local bowling alley wont give/sell me any pins!

PalmCityTiki.....Thanks....I'm gonna try and share a little more often!!

Sam.....Thanks so much, and yes....enamel is a wonderful thing, But you SURE know that already!! LOL

MadDogMike.....I really like to paint on different objects, gotta keep it fun ya know....I have a surfboard that is screaming for some paint...just have to figure out what it wants!! Oh, and I've seen that buttplug floating around on here somewhere....butt I assure you...it wasn,t me!!! LOL

Swamp Fire.....Thank you, Your stuff is top notch....I may have to get some goods from you soon!!

Frostiki....thanks...Just grab up any ol' thang and put some paint on it.....send the kids off to play!! LOL

Liana.....Thank you....Only some of the bowling alleys around here sell their old pins...they are usually pretty beat up....but their only 2 bucks!!

Hello Tiki Land....I thought I'd post a pic of a new PNG pendant I'm working on!!

It's still a little rough, so some more smoothing is needed.
I may have to cast a wax piece before the final mold.

I should be able to to get these ready pretty soon to place in the marketplace if anyone is interested....I'll keep you updated on the progress!!

Also...This isn't tiki, but thought you may like this..here is a banjo resonator I just finished.

T
thick posted on Sun, Jul 19, 2009 9:14 PM

I am interested in the pendant. . . .

Thick.....Thanks, I'll keep this thread updated as it progresses, and when finished I'll start a marketplace thread.

very Cool pendant MHH!
i kinda like the roughness
adds to the primitive savage mood of it!

Thanks Kinny....yeah, the roughness of it kinda makes it look hand carved....I may just smooth it a little bit and leave it....lets take a vote!!! I'd love to hear your opinions!!! Smooth? VS. Rough?

That is beautiful striping on that banjo head! Excellent technique there! I'll bet you could make an old school set of beatnik bongos look great with that striping....

B

Mr. Me...

This pin striping is just downright outrageous!! Man, I would love to see you and Squidly colab on one of his piggies sometime.

Sam....Thanks, I have striped some of my hand drums, but I haven't made it to my bongos or congas yet...this just may have motivated me!!!

Babalu...Thanks so much, I would love to collab with squid sometime...it would be cool to have us Kansas boys do something together!!

Ok...an update on the pendants....
I decided to do a limited edition run of 50 only.
Each one is individually hand painted/signed/numbered.
Every single one will be different!!

I'll post some pics later today when I get a few more done!

Getting REALLY close to finishing these little PNG pendants!!
It sure seems like the work will never end with these guys....
But it has been alot of fun listening to jams and painting. :)
I should have these in the marketplace tomorrow.....:D

Heres a little sneek peek at these guys :wink:

They are now listed in the Marketplace!!
Come one, Come all!!
Buy one, buy'em all!! :lol:
Thanks

[ Edited by: Meheadhunter 2009-07-26 20:03 ]

Your pin striping work is killer.
Great job on the pendent too!

Iokona Ki'i....
Thank you for the nice words...
The pendants were very fun to do
I'm working on a new pendant design!!
Should be done pretty soon :)

killer pendant with even killerer colors!
simply SMASHING!

Thanks Kinny
And thanks for stoppin in!!

The final 25 PNG pendants are now listed in the marketplace!!!
Thank you...This has been a Public Service Announcement!! :)

[ Edited by: Meheadhunter 2009-08-03 19:34 ]

Great design and colors on the pendants, Meheadhunter! You do it all I guess! Your pinstriping is beautiful....

Thank you Sam....
Yeah, I guess this damn ADD or ADHD gets to me...
I always change the things and styles of things I do...
It's not that I get bored with what I'm doing...
But while I'm on a certain project my mind is already on another!!! :)

On 2009-08-05 08:53, Meheadhunter wrote:
Yeah, I guess this damn ADD or ADHD gets to me...
I always change the things and styles of things I do...
It's not that I get bored with what I'm doing...
But while I'm on a certain project my mind is already on another!!! :)

Don't knock chemical imbalances there Wess!
An artist should always be thinking ahead
of the next 5 projects to be done..
Inspiration is a Well,a deep Well
and the fact that the gears are already turning
shows that the Muse is still hanging around and
makes us all look forward to what you have in store
for the next projects!

lovin those colors on the pendant!
killer!

Great explanation Kinny....
I'm surely not knocking my chemical imbalance....
I enjoy being the way I am....
I never get bored...
And my wife never knows what to think!!! :lol:
It's great!!

It's been way too long since I have posted anything on here....so I figure it about time I do!!
I worked on carving some tikis this weekend and had a blast doing it....these are the first tikis I have ever carved and now truly appreciate the talent so many of you have for carving. This carving business is truly hard and I have learned that I need many more chisels than just one....LOL! Gonna stock up on some very soon!! I used a couple tikis from this site for inspiration, so I hope no one gets to upset....These are just for my backyard and will not be selling them profit. Here they are....

This one is about 20" X 14"

This one is a tiny little guy....About 6" tall

Thanks for looking!!

Welcome back!
That big thick guy is too cool!
the staining just brings out all
the lil details...
good one!
:)

Thanks.....It's great to be back! Hopefully I can stick around for awhile this time before life gets in the way again!!

Just finished this guy!!

Here's an update on the tiki I carved....I got some clear finish on him!!

I've also been real busy lately working on my backyard...
Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have it mostly done.
I'm hoping to have quite a few more tikis carved and get a roof on the hut pretty soon.
Thanks for looking!! :)

the lair's looking good so far!
get that thatchin on the roof!
Once it's finished
it will be a perfect addition to your paradise!

Pages: 1 2 3 112 replies