Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 333 replies

B

Quiet you!! Back to your html cave!!! code dammit, code!!

lol

ok, i've been working pappy a bit much as of late, so we'll give him a rest on getting stuff on the site, and here's the hotel info:

O-ficial hotel is the Super8 at 787 South Washington Street, North Attleboro, MA 02760

508-643-2900

There are Special rates in place for North East Tiki Tour. Mention that you are a member of the tour when you reserve.

Regular room (1 queen) is at $62.50/night
2 bed rooms (2 fulls i think?) or a Queen Suite (has a fridge & microwave) are $89.50/night
2 bedroom suite for $105.00/night (if anyone wants to share & get costs down)

Things to mention: Normal check in is at 1pm!!

BUT the bus LEAVES at 11:45AM!! (from the hotel)

I've asked for early check in, and they're bringing housekeeping in early just for us, but it still may become a first come first serve for rooms that are ready.

Get there early on Sat morning to ensure a room, or come in on friday, and go to the HuKeLau with us!!

http://www.northeasttikitour.com

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-09 12:45 ]

T

I'm reading challenged... should have read the whole post all signed up... where are the Swag donations going to?

Yay, it's a Festival of Tiki!

Tikisgrl

B

tikisgirl, and anyone else who wants to, pm me regarding swag. all donations gladly accepted :)

S

Yahoo!! Double Yahoo!

I'm psyched!

I'm signed up, got a room, and I'm already planning rum infusions and rum-soaked fruit concoctions....

Did I mention "Yahoo!!" ??

Booked our motel room and got my sister to sign up, too! I'm so excited--a tiki event we can actually get to!

B

WoW!!

Thanks for the great response everyone!! We're already down to only 18 seats left, and the banner ads havent even hit!!

If you haven't signed up already, get on board quick!!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-10 07:41 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-10 16:35 ]

I just signed up me and Kate!

Woo Hoo!

J

Miss and I are in. Friday and Saturday night are booked @ the Super 8.

I signed up Traci and me. By the way, August 23rd is Traci's birthday, so this will be kind of like a little birthday trip for her. But since she's into other stuff too, it won't be the only thing we do for her birthday, but I'm just saying.

..sbim

S

Geez, only 6 stops? :)

This is going to be a fun, fun day.

We're in!

There was a mysterious problem with e-mail address handling the submitted forms from the Northeast Tiki Tour Website. Could anybody who signed up today (Saturday) please fill out the form again? (This might only be you, Kimo. BTW, good to have you on board.)

mahalo,
Pappy

P.S. Happy Mother's Day

Just registered for 2 places on the bus! This event will totally rock! Birdgirl and I are really looking forward to this - the world really needs to see the great tiki places in New England. We live in NYC now, but get back to New England as often as possible to visit family and the tiki bars (and not necessarily in that order). There should be BIG talk about this event at Hukilau in June.

I am not sure if we got through the site properly, so I wanted to make sure we in fact did register our participation for 2.

Thanks and can't wait.

Joe & Nicole

B

Just a quick update:

9 seats left.

they're going fast!!

If you havent signed up yet, its time to get a move on!

Payment info to come soon.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-14 06:27 ]

Wow! I finALLY registered for 2 bus riders this morning (had to make sure our birdie-sitter for the REAL Martiki-bird & his sidekick Hero was available.)

Since NJ is nearly devoid of any tiki places, Mr. Martiki-bird (Damian) and I (Gina) are really looking forward to seeing the stops on the tour!

I have signed up twice but still have not received a response. Please advise.
-end of line

Hey Primo,

Requests for payment will be sent out begining of next week.

We've got your spots reserved. Look forward to seeing ya!

tmrw I'll either send out confirmations to everyone, or just post em here (If I cant get that darned mail merge to work)

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-14 13:44 ]

B

OK, heres the list so far:

bargoyle+1
pappy
tikimortis+1
johnman+1
Bogielocks
velveteenlounge+1
Suffering Bastard in Maine+1
Lukeulele
RugbyMatt
Tikisgrl
Scottes
Kristy
Thunderlips+1
rain+1
The Granite Tiki+1
Peter Harris
Primo Kimo+1
Martiki-bird+1
leisure master+1
Christin Sullivan+1
Hula Cat+1
Caber-net+1
paranoid123

Thats a total of 37.

3 spots left.

If you signed up & you;re not on there, PM me immediately

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-15 09:15 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-15 10:45 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-16 13:50 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-17 05:47 ]

Hokey Smokes, Bullwinkle--there's only SIX SEATS left for the big Saturday bus extravaganza! Seriously, if you were on the fence about joining the tour, it's time keep the N.E. Tiki Torches lit and get on board. By the end of the week, we'll be full up.

If you signed up but you're not on Bargoyle's list above or if you signed up today and you're worried about your seat, PM me or Bargoyle to confirm.

It's a real "If you build it, they will come" moment!

Great work guys!!

T

Sounds like we are going to have a great time! Who's in charge of name tags (keeping in mind I can't draw a straight line)? What, other than make suggestions for more work for the party planners, can I do to help?

Tikisgrl

B

I'm on name tag duty, not too worry. No one can read my chicken scratch handwriting, so Im gonna print em out on the computer.

Tikisgrl, you can lead the charades competition back at the hotel late night. :)

The bus has tvs and some sort of video system. Dunno if its dvd or vhs.

Any movie suggestions? I've got Blue Hawaii, Ring of Fire (the Imax documentary about Hawaiis volcanos) & a National geographic documentary on Hawaii. None of it is very tiki. Anyone wanna burn the Tiki Bar Tv episodes on to a disc or something? OR does anyone have any other suggestions/donations to the movie bin?

J

I forced Miss to get the Tiki Bar TV video podcast (my iPod is a 1st gen - she has a cool video iPod). I should be able to grab the video podcast and make a DVD out of it. That would certainly provide some great entertainment.

B

You're both one up on me....my ipod is busted. :)

4 spots left...

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-16 13:55 ]

WOW...you folks got it going on!!! Your website is great and love the logo. If I was in that part of the world at that time, I would be onboard. Wishing you all a safe and insane tour. :D

Just booked a sweet flight deal on US Air: Philly to Providence $103.

WooHoo!

Speaking of flying into Providence....

My flight gets in around 7:30. Will there be anybody left who could hook me up with a ride to the Super 8 in Attleboro?

Mahalo.

If not how much is cab from the Airport to there?

B

Hey rugbymatt.

A cab is prob gonna run ya around $50.

I'd pick you up, but the last seating for HuKeLau show is 7.00pm, so I'll be in chicopee.

Another option to look into would be bus or shuttle to Pawtucket (where the Red Sox farm team plays). I dont think there's a game though, so Im not sure what will be running there, but Attleboro is right next to Pawtucket (1st town over the state line) so a cab from there would be cheap.

Anyone else able to help rugbymatt out?

I'd help out my fellow Allentonian, but I don't know our Friday plans yet. It will depend on what new job Traci gets.

..sbim

On 2007-05-17 13:04, rugbymatt wrote:
Speaking of flying into Providence....

My flight gets in around 7:30. Will there be anybody left who could hook me up with a ride to the Super 8 in Attleboro?

Mahalo.

If not how much is cab from the Airport to there?

Rugbymatt ~ See you should of just planned to stay in Californitiki for The Long Beach Tiki Fest and Bahhoka's Anniversary Party. The SoccerTiki Mobile would of been your limo for the weekend :wink: WOOOHOOO!

WooHoo don't be a poopoo, RugbyMatt is gonna have the time of his life here in New England and the NE Ohana will take care of him just fine!

B

No Respect, I tell ya....New England tiki gets no respect..

But after this event, thats all gonna change!

Anyplace else in the world have 6 CLASSIC happening tiki bars within a 1/2 hour of each other?

We're on the rise tikiphiles!!! California! I'm putting you on notice!!

CAN ... YOU ... DIG ... IT ... ?

LOL

B

Also, we're down to one seat left on the bus.

Mahalo to all the NE ohana. I think I am gonna hook up with Velveteen Lounge and stay with her and her husband Paul Friday night in his boyhood haunts on North Kingston. We'll see everyone Saturday morning in Attleboro. This sounds like a great time.

Matt

p.s SBiM: Need any Krimpets? They now come in lemon and strawberry!

p.p.s. WooHoo I'd love to hang around Cali but don't have the vacation time.

Matt, I am all about the Butterscotch Krimpets!
If you can find the "double frosted" ones, they are even better.

Mahalo!

..sbim

B

Did I put the entire STATE of california "on notice"? :o

I dont even know what that means!

Sorry folks. Bargoyle needs a drink....looong week.

California, you're off notice......this time.

Rugby: glad you got it all set up. We'll see ya on Saturday morning.

Also, if you check out the web page, we've started listing the vendors who were cool enough to donate some pretty amazing swag & raffle prizes (in the new FRIENDS section). This section is gonna be constantly updated over the next few weeks.

Pics of prizes comming soon, and if this stuff doesn't get you fired up, nothin' will.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-18 15:59 ]

S

Bargoyle, you are to be commended for organizing this event.
And for doing such a great job.

I owe you a drink, and a plate of mini-dumplings at New Tiki.

(PS: Remind me about the drink. Remind me early in the night. :) )

B

Thanks for the Kudos.

Its finally comming together quite nicely, if I do say so myself!

And dont forget to thank Pappy. He's done an amazing job with the web site, and his help & support have been invaluable.

He's carrying the torch for the HuKeLau show on Friday, and we'll be hitting you with details on that real soon.

Now comes the hardest part...waiting until the END of AUGUST!!

Bargoyle,

Mucho Mahalo! I'll get an extra box of Krimpets for you when I stock up for SBiM.

S

Kudos and Mahalo to Pappy, too!

I'll be happy to buy you both a drink.

Hey Gang,

This sounds like it's gonna be a great time. Just want to throw a minor Tiki find out to the NE folks. I was at Brooks today, and they're having a 25% off Tiki sale. They don't have that much but I did pick up some amber plastic 20oz Tiki mugs. Good for the bus ride. LOL!

Looking forward to meeting everybody..

Rick

HC

just made reservations for the hotel (2 nights) and we are SO Excited ! a little heads up if your a non smoker, there are limited rooms left...so jump on it or prepare for the ashtray effect! ....us former smokers are so tempted to fall back!.. we will have our N.E hula lessons available to distract and dismay you all !

B

AloooooooooooooHA!!!

Payment requests were sent out today. I'd ask that you get to em as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Oh, and please let me know if you're mailing me something rather than paying online.

Also, as Hulacat pointed out, the rooms I had set aside for us (at the lower prices) are going just in general (not JUST the non-smokers). SO, if you havent booked your room yet, give the Super8 a call.

As usual, more info to come!!

ps I cant really take debit/credit card payments. The Paypal account is just a personal acct. Im allowed 5 credit/debit payments A YEAR. SO please take that into account too. Sorry.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-21 14:00 ]

S

Do you wish a check? That is, is a check your preferred payment method?

Hmmmm.... Can I pay in rum? I know YOU will take that, but will the hotel? :)

Rum Review Blog - http://scottesrum.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: Scottes 2007-05-21 14:19 ]

B

Checks are fine.

There's an address on the payment request to send em to.

While the rum is tempting, the Tour is running a bit in the red so I think we're gonna stick with money. :)

i'm in dc for work right now, so the soonest i can take care of this is friday.
danke!

..sbim

T

Oops went to e-mail first & paid through Pay-pal... My Bad... I got to learn to read before I leap!

Tikisgrl

OK, so in less than two weeks you basically sold out the bus, you've got people flying in from PA, nine heavy hitters in the tiki community are supplying swag, and the #1 east coast Exotica band performing.......... like I said earlier, You've created a monster!!! MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So for next year I'm thinking TWO buses, vendors at the hotel, more bands, live tiki carvings.......:P :D

Seriously Bargoyle, you owe yourself a huge pat on the back for taking the bull by the horns! You will go down in NE Tiki history! 8)

[ Edited by: Lukeulele 2007-05-21 18:17 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 333 replies