Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

double post...again!

[ Edited by: chongolio 2008-04-19 15:09 ]

Yummo. Opihi!

I bought a new baseball cap and it tames my wildman hair...that makes me happy.

Home!!!

( for 3 days. then gone again til end of May)

Tiki Tiki !!!

The Two Millionth Mai Tai at Bali Hai, baby!!

Wire Basket, Zip ties, and Bungee Cords, bizatch!

A new baby boy in the family. My niece just had a baby about a hour ago. I'm on my way to the hospital!
7 lbs. 12 oz. healthy baby boy with a full head of hair!

J

The shuttle launch simulator at the Kennedy Space Center and the Space Station IMAX 3-D movie.

SUNSHINE IN SEATTLE!!!! finally! I was so happy to have a full day of working in my back yard and enjoying the sun, Playing with Rufus, and to top it all off I got to have a banana slpit! AAAHHHHH!!!!!

RR

Finding Flor de Cana rum for just as cheep as Bacardi at my local liquor store.

Throwing peanuts at a crab

This...

See velvet paintings in the collecting tiki forum!

Me

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-05-05 17:40 ]

My new doo

I wanna rock with Grog, Sabu The Coconut Boy, Martiki and TikiPug.

I mowed for some old people today that i didnt even know.

On 2008-05-06 20:50, Jungle Trader wrote:
My new doo

Bad Ass Daddy-O! when you gonna get a tattoo, a grille and fingernails made of steel?

I dare you to shave yer hade. heh heh

seeing hundreds of tadpoles/pollywogs in my pond this morning. I became the Mother Frog/Toad King on Mother's Day creating pollywog nursery habitats in the shallow areas by stacking small rocks where my ravenous pig koi won't be able to swim. heehee. Most aren't more than 1/8 of an inch long. Their heads are as long as their tails. I noticed they can keep still by attaching their tiny mouths to the algae that grows on the sides of the pond. So cool, the frogs/toads have finally decided it's good enough for them to stay put and breed. Maybe we'll be hearing the sweet croaking chorus of a couple handful of frogs at twilight this year. Music to my ears. I love my jungle. Help Mother Earth and go green, create habitat.

Stagger Onward Rejoicing

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-05-11 11:25 ]

Amen to that.

My long luxurious hair and all the little varmits that call it home. I can't shave it JT. Where would all the little buggahs go live?

Myspace
Barefoot bloggin'

plus where would ya get yer next meal from????

:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Chongolio, you already live dangerously. Now jump over the edge.

Sex Pistols Tickets for the Joint at the Hard Rock in Vegas on June 7th!!!

Thanks Mrs. Boo!!!!!!!!

You ROCK!!!!!!!!

Kitchen re-model well under way.... finally

D

sunshine

R

Finally moving ALL my stuff into my new place!

and getting my homework done...and playing hookey right now! :lol:

Shhh! don't tell my teachers! Haha!

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Jun 3, 2008 5:26 PM

J

Fresh blueberries and raspberries from the farmer's market, and Rosé Cava from Spain to make a fresh bubbly berry beverage when I get home tonight.

the Tonga Lei Room !

My new library card and checking out the book Asia the Beautiful Cookbook. Mmmmmmm Green papaya salad! Yum!

Myspace
Barefoot bloggin'

COMBINE HARVESTER TOUR 2008

Did the Sex Pistols sell-out when they returned to the music scene in 2007? Yes they did. Every show they played.

If you know anything about the Sex Pistols you will know little is ever pre-planned (but somehow always comes together). The band were originally set to play London’s Brixton Academy on November 8th 2007 as a special one-off show. However, due to over-over-over-over-whelming demand the show sold-out within minutes, and during the next week a further four Brixton shows were added; all of which sold-out. They then added Arena shows in Manchester, England and Glasgow, Scotland. The Sex Pistols very own Holiday in the Sun. In November.

Original Pistols - John Lydon (aka Rotten), Steve Jones (guitar), Glen Matlock (bass) & Paul Cook (drums) - are back for more in 2008, and this time it really will be a Holiday in the Sun. Sex Pistols headline the Isle of Wight Festival on Saturday, June 14th and embark on a series of headlining festival dates throughout Europe. They also travel to Japan for the first time in 12 years, and play their first ever live dates in Russia. August also sees them take the high road to Scotland to headline the Live at Loch Lomond Festival on Sunday, August 3rd. They round off their scheduled live dates with an appearance at The Electric Picnic Festival on Sunday, August 31st. Their first concert on Irish soil.

As a special prelude to their Isle of Wight appearance the band announced they would play Birmingham Academy on Wednesday, June 11th. A one-off American club date has also been arranged at Las Vegas, The Joint on Saturday, June 7th. The Sex Pistols and Vegas! Have fun…

June will see the initial release of their first official live concert DVD. 'There'll Always Be an England' was filmed by director Julien Temple and features a full-length recording from the now legendary 2007 Brixton Academy shows; including the whole of the classic 'Never Mind The Bollocks' album and more. The DVD also includes an additional 80 minute interview feature entitled 'The Knowledge' where the band members take you on a special journey of the streets of London. The DVD is set for release in the UK via FremantleMedia Enterprises on June 16th, with releases in the USA, Japan, Australia, France and Germany scheduled for July / August.

Perhaps no one could have predicted the jubilant reception the Sex Pistols got at their triumphant 2007 live shows. Not only from the public — but strangely enough - from the media. In 30 years (33 to be exact) the Pistols have went from public enemy #1 to national treasures. The Pistols didn't care what people thought of them back in the day - and nothing has changed - everything they said then is still relevant today. Probably more so. It’s simply taken some people a bit longer to catch up.

2007 was hailed as the year of the comeback with several institutions reforming for live shows. The Sex Pistols play live if and when they feel like it; on their own terms. They do not follow trends, they never have. There has been nothing like the Sex Pistols, before or since. They are truly unique. They’re not pretending to be teenagers, they’re not pretending anything. What you see is what you get. Hope comes in a jar…

Finished packing for the above-mentioned Pistols Weekend in Vegas!

Beer made me happy today.
When doesn't a cold Stella make you happy?

[ Edited by: Sean Flynn 2008-06-05 22:59 ]

Oh yeah, my 15th wedding anniversary made me happy today! :D

finding THIS hidden amongst the more innocent pastries:

:lol:

last nite........
No fun, my babe no fun
No fun, my babe no fun
No fun to hang around
Feeling that same old way
No fun to hang around
Freaked out for another day
No fun, my babe no fun
No fun, my babe no fun
No fun to be alone
Walking by my self
No fun to be alone
In love with nobody else
Well, maybe go out, maybe stay home
Maybe call Mom on the telephone
Well, come on, well, come on
No fun to be alone
No fun to be alone
Hang on, don´t let me go
No fun to be alone

PI

Having the rain stop in time for the commute home!

Finally rolling all my change and discovering nearly $700 bucks!

T

Finally rolling all my change and discovering nearly $700 bucks!

That must have weighted a lot

B

MT

What's that cool small block and parts goin' into, Babs? Inquiring minds want to know!

B

:)

MT

Nice Cougar, Babs, is that a '68? Does it have the option where the steering wheel column slides over when you open the door, to facilitate entry/exit? What size is the small block, 302, 351? It must be more expensive to build up a Ford small block as compared to a Chevy, or at least it used to be. Any tricked out components in the small block, like a roller cam, roller lifters, etc? What's the stall speed on the torque convertor? Maybe we can race when I get my '68 Camaro finished.

Talking about muscle cars is what made me happy today!

B

Hey Mai Tai, Sounds like a winner! Let's tear it up :)

Putting in a 351 - 10 to 1 compression forged pistons - Demon 670 carb (mechanical secondaries) - aluminum heads - Roller Rockers - Torque Converter (2100 stall) - high lift cam - MSD ignition - Edelbrock manifold - Shift kit.

Hopefully I will get the rest of my parts in this week...should be running and screaming by the end of next...will post picture.

Little muscle talk made me happy today - yeah baby!

[ Edited by: Babalu 2008-06-18 18:03 ]

Staying in the Ford/Merc vein, pulling up next to a brand new Ford Mustang GT 500 on the way to work this morning in my old '94 Mustang GT made me happy. The growl emanating from this awesome beast was sweet music to my ears.

WooHooo! School's Officially Out. No work for 10 weeks :)

Drinking beers and talkin' story on the beach under a full moon with Notch and Danny while they were on holiday here on Kauai. Good times!

Rub a Dub Dub...8 Freaks in a Tub!

B

Sure made me smile! I hope no one had an "accident" in the pool! LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies