Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Question for Lake Surfer, finkdaddy or Chicago area folks...

Pages: 1 12 replies

K

Haole Kats!!! may be able to do a road trip to the Chicago area again this summer, but we need ideas for venues where our eclectic mix of swing, gypsy, hapa-haole, rockabilly and surf would fit. We figure a 7-10 day trip would require playing a gig at minimum every other night to make it cost effective.

Any venues you can turn us on to in the area that caters to this type of stuff would be great appreciated! Also, if you know of venue ideas anywhere from here (Tampa, FL area) to there would be great. We also want to get up to Madison, Wisconsin, too, so any places there would also be great. I'm from there originally, but when I was living there, there weren't any places I can think of where we'd fit. Maybe there are now?

Mahalo!

..the last time you folks came through (i believe it was the last exotica event?)i offered up a list of places...not only did you not even respond but i didn't even get so much as a thanks...so guess what?? you're on your own-good luck!!

On 2006-06-06 06:08, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..the last time you folks came through (i believe it was the last exotica event?)i offered up a list of places...not only did you not even respond but i didn't even get so much as a thanks...so guess what?? you're on your own-good luck!!

Aloha,
Mucho Apologies! Don't let Tipsy ruffle your feathers, because he doesn't speak for everyone! We are not all like that here in the Windy City. Duke and I are looking into a few other venues here in Chicago. I will also talk to some musicians here, that I am friends with and see if any of them have any Wisconsin connects. We gotta get you guys here for the Chef's 30th anniversary,(more on that later)!
DV

K

Hey, thanks Bamboo... Tipsy, sorry man. Never meant to offend. I do remember Josh writing this after Exotica:

Thanks to everyone for sharing your photos and recollections of Exotica. I know I had a great time checking out music and chatting with other TC'ers. (Tikivixen, TurboGod, Powerofthetiki, Formikahini, Tiki Diablo, Tikibars, King Kuku, Lake Surfer, Jeff Central, Bamboolodge, Finkdaddy...I'm forgetting someone here...it was great to meet all of you!) When things settle down around here, I'll be sure to get some photos up.

I guess he forgot to mention you in there, among way too many other wonderful folks to remember. I also recall him posting this thread entitled "HAOLE KATS!!! midwest tour -- July 2005???" looking for venues last year (http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13906&forum=4&hilite=exotica%202005)

...but the thread never got a response, and just died on the vine. Not sure which suggestions you're talking about, brah. :-? I must have just missed them somehow, or I would certainly have responded.

Aloha,
Kanekila

...no problem...i figured it was probably a mix-up or that you guys got caught up in the action....

and yes, bamboolodge is correct....i never speak on behalf of the midwest ohana ever.....i only voice my opinion, what ever it's worth, when i feel it's necessary so don't take my stance as representative of the tiki folks here.....I am usually an abrasive jerk most of the time and i don't blame folks for the disassociation...seriously.

i'm sure him and duke will find you folks some venues, eventhough they are hardly as qualified as i am on that front....(had to get my own dig in there!)

see ya down the road!!

T

The Tropical bistro in Coulmbus Ohio. Or Largos Tavern in Columbus as well. You may be able to do one friday night and one saturday. Heck if they don't work out you can play in my backyard. Let me know and I can get with right people to see if it can be done. Date, Cost,

K

If you're headed up I-75 then stop in downtown Atlanta at the Trader Vic's!

K

Hey -- thanks kidz! Some of those are definitely possibilities. Actually, we're already working on Trader Vic's in Atlanta. We've played there several times already and in fact, last year while driving up for Exotica, we played a Thursday night there with Tongo Hiti (that was a blast, BTW) to help with the gas money.

While we'd love to make Columbus, I don't think we'll be able to, as the timing for this is a few weeks away from that date.

In any case, we're checking around a lot of the places suggested, and if we're able to put it together, we'll make the trip. We'll keep you posted!

Mahalo

Kanekila

[ Edited by: Kanekila 2006-06-07 05:29 ]

May the Tiki Terrace in Prospect Heights, IL. They seem to showcase variety of music, so I'm sure you'd fit in there.

Please keep us up to date, I wouldn't want to miss your Midwest tour.

W

Aloha Kaikaina and Tikiskip,Thanks for the info on C-town. Being from there I am making my annual visit to the family approx July 10-18th. I hope to hook up with you along with KuKu and Jeff Central and Deb(whom I will PM in a bit) while I'm in town. If the stars/planets align and we could hook up that would be great. Thanks again for the info and hope to see you soon.... We are piecing together this road trip for the band as of this writing and if there is any way we could include Columbus in our plans we will take a long hard look at it !!!

Mahalo
Aloha
Joe/Haole Kats

K

Hey Joe,

We can certainly make your visit worthwhile. Just email me when you are a week out to remind me, and we'll plan something.

Ahu

W

Thanks KuKu,
I just Pm'd you and Jeff Central...
Aloha
Joe

Aloha Kats!!

I don't know how I missed a thread with my actual name in the title! :blush:

Sadly, it's been a long while since I've been part of the music scene. I'm sure there must be places on the East side or in Bay View that would love you. I'll ask around and get back to you.

Of course, if you're just looking for a place to hang out where they serve Mai Tais and have your music pumped in all the time, I know of a tiny little out of the way place called The Leeward Lounge. :wink:

Pages: 1 12 replies