Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Kona Club

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

TM

Cool Barstools! Where'd you get 'em?
(At risk of appearing to plug, market, promote, peddle, etc the coolest Tiki barstools sold exclusively at BarTiki.com for probably the best prices around and will grace the interior of the soon to be world famous Kona Club, I will not be inserting a shameless plug to tell you that the barstools were provided by yours truly)

P.S. Hey, nice macrame!!!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt 2006-02-09 20:24 ]

T

On 2006-02-08 21:06, RevBambooBen wrote:

A little bird landed on my shoulder and whispered something about a mug in the future too.

Just remember. It's Hawaii Time at zee Kona Club. It's not an all at once BAM! It's a little here, and a little there. With a lot of No Worries!!!

That bird gets around!

A little birdie told me that the mugs are coming and a certain Club Mallard bartender may be training Kona Club bartenders on the fine art of classic tropical drinks. I have hope that there will be drink menus soon.

I bring a little list of Grog Log drink recipes when I go there (about once a week), and the bartenders are always plenty willing to make whatever I want if they have the ingredients (and they always have fresh limes and lemons). On Sunday I went there for a friend's birthday celebration. I had a Castaway (rum, kahlua, and pineapple), and started a run on that drink - all my friends started ordering the drink once they had a taste!

On 2006-02-15 14:41, thejab wrote:
A little birdie told me that the mugs are coming and a certain Club Mallard bartender may be training Kona Club bartenders on the fine art of classic tropical drinks. I have hope that there will be drink menus soon.

YEAH!!!!!!!!! coooool!

Thirsty, durn you, Jab. :D

[ Edited by: tikivixen 2006-02-16 00:21 ]

I

Here's a nice review of the Kona Club, from the ContraCostTimes newspaper.
The title of the article is 'Change is a Good Thing for Oakland Lounge'

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/13934659.htm

Vern

On 2006-02-23 09:22, ikitnrev wrote:
Here's a nice review of the Kona Club, from the ContraCostTimes newspaper.
The title of the article is 'Change is a Good Thing for Oakland Lounge'

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/13934659.htm

Vern

Kona Club rocks!!!

Cool article.

T

Although I agree with Ben that the Kona Club rocks!, I didn't care too much for the review. It was a bit too defensive in tone, and critisizing another local tiki bar is not cool. If the author wanted to review the Conga Lounge she should have done so in a seperate review. They are 2 totally different bars so why compare them?

Being critical or defensive is simply not necessary. There are great things about the Kona Club that they could have focused on: the incredible decor, the volcano!, the great service, the friendly staff and crowd, the cocktails (sure, they're not the Tiki Ti but they make great drinks compared to most bars in the East Bay - how many around have fresh citrus?), the low prices relative to other bars (she did mention that), the decent selection of liquor (and improving all the time).

If some grumpy old Kings X regulars or a few tiki snobs want to whine who cares what they think? I wouldn't have even mentioned it in the review.

Just my 2 bits.

Been at the Kona Club yesterday and today.

Doing little touch ups.

The new lighting is cool.

Makes the art really pop!

(check out the Blue Lady next visit)

A few other things also.

I heard they are going to have 2 new shelves of just rums.

Wood floors now too.

And, something about a tiki mug coming soon.

Crazy Al . Do you know anything about a Kona Club tiki mug?

Pages: 1 2 55 replies