Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: new kahiki moai mug

Pages: 1 7 replies

B

this is the last one of this limited production mug I got from the kahiki
http://cgi.ebay.com/new-moai-cup-from-the-kahiki_W0QQitemZ7709662956QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
thanks

I'M CONFUSED. If the KAHIKI closed in 2000. and there is no-more KAHIKI how can there be all of these new limited edtion mugs for a place that NO LONGER EXISTS?

H

The Kahiki restaurant is sadly gone, but Kahiki still exists, as a frozen foods enterprise.

OH......OK then ..that explains it. Well NO it does not,but....... never mind.

I think the Frozen Food company still may produce retail mugs but I am not sure either?
Please clarify for we kahignorant few.

yep you could make the trek to Columbus and head on over to the Kahiki outlet yourself and pick up skull mugs, the ol #1 moai, napkins swizzles, umm three other mugs... aparently they are all produced locally,

TJ

The mugs are still produced by the same man that was producing them for the restaurant when they closed. The mugs are very inexpensive if you go to their outlet store in Columbus. The outlet store sells mugs, postcards, swizzles, napkins, necklaces and drink mixes. They also sell the frozen versions of the food that was served in the restaurant. The interior of the store has many pieces of decor from the restaurant. Here is a link to the Kahiki site with a pic of the store: http://rs309.securehostserver.com/~kahikiin/site/kahikioutlet.php?PHPSESSID=1823e89308194586212cd58a775cb970

B

yep its all true
when they first opened they had all the old mugs that they found when they moved to their new headquarters. the old moai mugs (mug no 1) the old barrel mugs and skull mugs. they had a handful of volcano bowls and some old dessert bowls. most of all that stuff has been sold. they started making some new ones.

Pages: 1 7 replies