Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Root of Jimmy Buffet Bashing

Pages: 1 2 3 4 159 replies

S

Amen!!

S

Just finished listening to a JB Cd. So what. The less the parrotheads know about our cool tiki places, the less drunken frat mayhem we have to deal with. Thank the Buffet for not sharing his info with the general public. I've always liked him. Even, yes, ate at his restaurant in Key West (since the tiki restaurant I found was closed...)
I love mexico and margaritas, I love hawaii and mai tais. I'll go to either. They are both tropical paradise for me, you won't hear me complaining if I have th opportunity to be there. I hope to never hear that Macarana song again, but if I must endure, so that I may be in sunshine drinking some yummified tropical frosty beverage, I will. Now compared to that, Jimmy aint so bad :wink:

Well said. Now if I could just get a knowledgeable tikiphile to view the Buffett DVD "Mini Matinee" and identify the closed (looks abandoned) tiki bar in the beginning. We get a good view of the inside, but no one seems to know what the name is.

I would also like to identify the music that Buffett plays during the pre-show but it plays so softly I can't make it out. I e-mailed Radio Margaritaville and was told it was Les Baxter but I can't place it.

this is getting interesting....

On 2003-12-24 08:18, RevBambooBen wrote:
Would yall' still complain if Buffet and his camp went totally -TC- tiki tomorrow? Hell yes you would! Then he'd be a "Sell Out" to most of you. "He ruined our little underground kitch poly secret society!! wah wah wah!!! He sold us out!!"

This board would melt if it got out that he was posting on it.

(p.s. blue grass roots )

RevBoo,

You are a man that provokes our thoughts (and I love you!).

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.