Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

Hi, Have spent a few days searchin g message threads about a shirt I have. Re-discovered when clearing out my wardrobe and sadly putting aside all the stuff that dose not fit and frankly never will. This shirt however I know is a rarity and so will not go to my local charity shop. If anyone could give me any information about its origin I would be most grateful.
Thanks.

Another Tiki Room poster with Jose.

Photos from a Disneyland magazine and brochure.

And photos I found on-line.

DC

Hi,

This is not my listing, but I thought someone might be interested. It's listed on etsy.com as a 1960's Enchanted Tiki Room wrap dress for $395. Very pretty.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/105198068/1960s-vintage-disneyland-enchanted-tiki?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=enchanted+tiki+room&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all

Scored this 45 record sleeve featuring "The songs from the Enchanted Tiki Room" at the paper show.

I really like this one.

DC

T

I have a Disney sticker album from 1964 with a great Tiki room cover (shame the inside is a bit boring)Where can you get those great drummers from,Been after them for ages!

Picked this up yesterday. While it predates the Enchanted Tiki Room by 6 years or so, it is still a cool early piece from Adventureland.

On the back a label says "Janice and I 1957". I believe these were made in 1955?

Later,

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2012-10-22 15:59 ]

What a great find PTD. Wendy

K
kiara posted on Mon, Oct 22, 2012 8:47 PM

Here's something I don't run across often. It's a mask version...

of a Tongarao baby.

I used to have more, but traded all away except for this one.

HT

I figure this is a good thread to ask on. So, I got a few resin versions of the tikis below a few years ago. And although my memory is a little fuzzy, I believe I remember that these guys don't actually exist in the physical Enchanted Tiki Room. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

![](http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RARE-JUNE-23-1963-WALT-DISNEYS-ENCHANTED-TIKI-ROOM-TODAY-AT-DISNEYLAND-BROCHURE-/00/s/MTM5MFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!lcE+36hoQ1OBQIZimmyjg~~60_57.JPG)

Anyway, there's a pretty ugly face on the bottom of them. They're the same as the Design Tuscano Ones, but all brown.

Thanks for the info to anyone that can provide it. Also, if anyone has any reference to what they should be painted like (if they did ever show up), it would be appreciated.

MAHALO!

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2012-10-25 04:17 ]

Shag shows this same tiki in the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Its one of the talking tikis on the wall and here it is.

The horns must have been added.

[ Edited by: MaukaHale 2012-10-25 07:02 ]

HT

Thanks MaukaHale.

I've unfortunately never been to the ETR, as an East Coast'r. Only the one in Disney World, and then again after it changed to Under New Management. And those memories are fuzzy at best.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2012-10-25 07:16 ]

K

Here's a photo of a bunch of Tiki's getting painted for the Florida Enchanted Tiki Room.

K

Someone should make an Enchanted Tiki Room trash can mug. They were so cool.

Here's a closer look.

K

Since we're on the subject of the Florida Tiki room, here"s a photo of the orig model.

K

What the heck, I'm going to post one more. Here's another photo of prep being done on the Florida Tiki room.

K

ONE MORE! The guy who's responsible for the Whole thing.
Walt inspecting one of the Tiki's. And everyone seems to be oblivious that he's standing in the room. I guess in 1963 you'd just expect him to be wondering around the park.

So many cool photos. Mahalo!

Kiara,

Great photos! Thanks for posting.

Just got the third card with the artist's concepts for Adventureland.

DC

The Home Depot (Warner Ave.) by my office in Huntington Beach had resin toucans, African greys, macaws, cockatoos and parakeets for sale. They are made out of resin and would go well in any jungle/Enchanted Tiki Room themed lounge. The prices ranged from $10 for an 8 inch bird to $55 for a macaw that was at least 2 feet long. They sit on grapewood with a live air plant glued to a metal circle with a hanger. Unfortunately they're not animatronic.
There were some potted bromeliads that had birds sitting on them too, but I didn't look at the prices. A bit of trivia, pineapples are bromeliads as are air plants.
The grapewood display was 5 feet tall and for sale for $169.

Another old photo of the Enchanted Tiki Room under construction.

DC

OGR

Nice photo Dusty. Hey, did you score the cool tourist shot ETR photo recently? OGR

HT

It makes me sad that the chip used in Squawkers McCaw can't be hacked. I would love to be able to have my own ETR bird. Love the workshop photo!

S

Great photos on here and love the newest one you posted DC.

So neat to see the "magic" happen

OGR,

Did not get the photo, but did pick up one of the 1965 Donruss bubble gum trading cards showing the Enchanted Tiki Room.

There were 66 cards with a puzzle piece on the back. The puzzle was Disney characters.

The cards were sold in 5-cent bubble-gum packs like baseball cards.

DC

OGR

Wow, Thanks DC, I forgot about the trading cards...very nice. Here is the photo I was talking about off the 'Bay. I was sure you had scored it. OGR

On etsy there is a 1963 photo of a tourist in front of the Enchanted Tiki Room. $5.00 will buy it now.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/115952635/1963-sunglasses-lady-in-front-of?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=tiki

You can buy this online through the Disney Store webite. It's $39.99. The link shows the detail.

http://www.disneystore.com/new-arrivals-the-enchanted-tiki-room-deluxe-print-by-brian-crosby/mp/1333041/1000995/#longDesc

Many cool items! I'm sure there will be more postings on this thread right after the upcoming ETR 50th event merchandise comes out next month! I have the Rongo bowl, Tiki babies, and the great Tiki Fountain from the 45th in 2008! I LOVE the fountain!

PP

god, ive gotta dig out mine too!!! too cool!!!!

Terrific thread,Wendy

I wanna know who has that model of the FL version of the Tiki Room!!

Unused Tiki Baby figurines from 1963.
This is my first post and I hope I am doing it properly! These pieces ( I have several) came from WED enterprises and were either prototypes or replacement casts for the then new Enchanted Tiki room. My father was a long time Disney exec and eventually rose to run the consumer products division. He was friendly with John Hench and these were probably a gift from him. In any case, they have been in my family for fifty years. I used to play TIki Room under the dining room table with these little guys. They are in great shape and the only thing added over the years is the dust! Any additional info would be appreciated, has anyone seen other pieces like these? Each has an embedded WED Enterprises copyright plate with the date. I have included a close up of it.

AF

Welcome tigertail! Those are very cool!

Absolutely probably one of the holiest grails of Enchanted Tiki Room collectibles. Nice of J.H. to gift you/your father with these!

Thank you, it was a different time. Never happen today. Of course, no one back then would have considered the impact that this attraction has had over fifty years, seeping into the culture.

Enchanted tiki room sign on ebay

View item:
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Sign

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=300941596221

I need to buy a computer, then I'll get up pics of my collection soon.

[ Edited by: Jsalamone7 2013-08-02 06:45 ]

D
Dagg posted on Tue, Aug 27, 2013 11:53 AM

On 2013-03-07 13:02, Hale Tiki wrote:
It makes me sad that the chip used in Squawkers McCaw can't be hacked. I would love to be able to have my own ETR bird. Love the workshop photo!

Just found this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datcdOUx25Y&list=PL2FBBD0C32815A7D6

Got this for Christmas from the GF. It's a Colin Campbell early concept drawing of the Lanai(before the Tahitian Terrace) on canvas.

F

Tom, that's awesome! How big is it? (just curious)

Tom, I believe those actually are the famous Tiki drummers in their natural habitat (after work) :)

There is a companion piece depicting the other animatronics members of the cast:

I took this pic in '93 for the BOT:

I recently built the middle drummer to hang out with the ones Disney released in 2005...

K

Nicely crafted. I recently acquired another Pele mug from the 40th anniversary.

KKocka you have the Skipper figurine! I loved that when I saw it :)

K

On 2014-03-12 20:01, SandraDee wrote:
KKocka you have the Skipper figurine! I loved that when I saw it :)

Yeah! :D I got that for a whopping $32.50 new. Goes well with my Adventureland and tiki theming. Love Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily's work.

On 2014-03-12 11:46, ErichTroudt wrote:
I recently built the middle drummer to hang out with the ones Disney released in 2005...

Fantastic!

A few Enchanted Tiki Room photos from the Disney archives.

Rolly Crump installing some of the exterior set decorations.

Walt inspecting some nice shields.

DC

After seeing this thread again, being linked in the "Best of Tiki Central Thread," I realized nobody ever added any 50th Anniversary items:

Rongo Bowl:

Tangaroa-Ru Mug:

Pele Mug:

Pele Statue:

Uti Statue:

Love the Orange Birds, too!

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies