Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Ocean Palms Beach Resort, Carlsbad, CA (hotel)

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

Name:Ocean Palms Beach Resort, Carlsbad, CA
Type:hotel
Street:2950 Ocean Street
City:Carlsbad
State:CA
Zip:92008
Phone:(760) 729-2493

Their web site description:
Ocean Palms Beach Resort is the perfect setting for your San Diego, California vacation getaway, especially if you want to relax and soak in the sun while enjoying the Southern California world-famous surf. Our guests experience cool ocean breezes, warm sand, and exotic Pacific Ocean sunsets while enjoying affordable and comfortable guest rooms and friendly service.

Our beach resort is centrally located across the street from the beach and one block from restaurants, shops and the "Night Life" of Carlsbad, CA. We are only 3 blocks from the "Coaster" Train Station, 10 minutes from the Amtrak station, 10 minutes from Legoland, and 15 minutes from Del Mar Racetrack. Downtown San Diego is only 30 minutes away, as is Seaport Village, the Gas Lamp District, Pt. Loma, and Qualcomm Stadium.

Starting in Winter of 2003, The Ocean Palms has begun a transformation into a truly world-class resort hotel. Changes are happening daily with the finishing touches to be completed about Winter 2004.

My Notes:
My wife and I are making plans to stay there this Summer. We were told about it by a friend, so last week we strolled by. Currently, there is still quite a bit of up-grading construction going on, but the thing that REALLY blew us away was all the palm trees that had 360 degree Tikis carved into them. Two main ones to greet the guests, then several others throughout the property - AND It looks like their carver is planning more! They are going for a VERY Tiki/Tropical theme. I

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2005-02-01 09:59 ]

M

Mahalo to Al & Shelley for providing these pics of the living Tiki's living at Ocean Palms Beach Resort!!!

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to check this vacation destination out! :) Thanks for sharing.

Whats the long-term effect on the tree?

Has anyone stayed here?

On 2005-06-13 01:09, tikijackalope wrote:

Palm trees, as majestic as they are, can be replaced.

T

On 2006-06-15 19:25, christiki295 wrote:

On 2005-06-13 01:09, tikijackalope wrote:

Palm trees, as majestic as they are, can be replaced.

Tell that to the Rapa Nui people!

These guys are my landlords! I love walking down and paying my rent there.
Really nice people.
I keep thinking I should ask them if they would have our front palms carved. HA!

Pages: 1 7 replies