Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mister Tiki - Need Photos

Pages: 1 22 replies

Saw postings that June 12? - Saturday lounging event was excellent. I'm looking for photos of the blown fish pendant lights. I made them for M. Tiki - would like shots before going there next Tuesday. Further... what's the opine on the fishies?

D

Blown fish-heeeheeeheeee.

Its interesting that you should be posting this right now. I was just looking at the Ironwood glass website to get more information about purchasing one. I phoned Mr. Tiki to get more info about buying one for myself.

I thought those lamps were terrific. A great blend of modern technology to achieve an old school touch. I would much rather have one of the glass ones instead of a real pufferfish lamp.

The only thing that set me back a little bit was seeing the price. They are quite handsome but $500? That would be out of most household budgets for a pendant lamp.

If the price were hovering around $200 or less then I would seriously think about buying one for my home tiki bar.

But... They were very nicely done. Excellent work

He shows here how they are made:

http://ironwoodglass.com/noname18.html

D

I see NOW how you get those blown fish-refer to the photo entitled "Lip on Puffer" in the last post.

M

Puffer in Gloryhole..... hehehehehehe

Pervertikis....

M

Sorry Artistiki... Couldn't help it.

All the same, I'm going to be at Mr. Tiki's next Thursday nightt. If you don't get a chance on Tuesday, let me know and I'll take a few pictures for you.

P.S. Very cool work. I just wish I could afford one for myself. Yes, I wish I could afford a fish.

H

Is this what you had in mind?

Welcome to Tiki Central, Artistiki!

Edited to add a few more:

I had it all backwards -- the best bed is the one that's stumbling distance from Tiki-Ti, or the Mai Kai, or the Lagoon Room, or the Alibi, or the Kon Tiki, or...
Critiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-06-17 17:36 ]

T

Would love to see a really cool multi-colored glass Tiki, any chance of that? Almost forgot to mention, beautiful work, love the puffers.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-18 09:29 ]

Great minds think.... Been working on a couple of very cool glass tikis and a few other tiki-inspired stylings. (Tiki-Stylie)
Hey, if there are any other shots, I'd be stoked to see them...
I'm also thinking of doing a special for you tiki royals...

T

On 2004-06-18 13:07, Artistiki wrote:
I'm also thinking of doing a special for you tiki royals...

Weeelllll let me just say, "Aloha!" You will fit in well here! :)
Beautiful looking work BTW.

M

I second that! Especially when you call us Royals.

I can't wait to see your work in person. I'll snap a few shots for you on Thursday.

S
SES posted on Fri, Jun 18, 2004 1:29 PM

They're great!

I was going to attempt creating a non glass blowfish with silicon caulking after seeing the papier mache version posted here awhile back.

B

welcome to TC Artistiki, like they said "looks like you'll fit in here nicely. The fishie lamps are way nice. And yes a Tiki would be nice, all lit up from inside. the possibilities ???
Just came back from your fabulous web site. Beautiful work.

A

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:28 ]

Those lamps are excellent - and a great idea!
Glass looks like an interesting medium to work with.
Keep posting your stuff - we'd all love to see more!

H

where is M.TIKI, anyone?

V

On 2004-06-20 12:46, hiltiki wrote:

where is M.TIKI, anyone?

I can't believe a frenchy like me is helping you with this question :)

Mr. Tiki Mai Tai Lounge
801 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 619-233-1183

H

Hey give me a brake, frenchy, Iam new at this.

TB

When locating tiki establishments, check out Locating tiki forum & use the search button.

yo, ho, ho... & a bottle... Headed down to Mister Tiki' s now. Be there after 6:30 or so, if anyone's haunting the area, come on by - I'll be the one with the puka necklace and blown glass wave pendant, in a patterned tan/white sport coat. Aloha-lei.

Pages: 1 22 replies