Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

"Retro Luau" ~ new book

Pages: 1 4 replies

D

Planning the Perfect Polynesian Partyi borrowed a copy from the library ~ its by Pichard Perry (ISBN 1-888054-90-5 for you librarians)

i might buy a copy... the graphics are delightful, a mix of old photos from luaus, old cookbooks and vintage advertising. great tips for creating an island atmosphere ~ even instructions for making a real Kalua Pig (and the oven instructions for the rest of us non-traditional types)...

cold & warm pupus, chips, dips & spreads, desserts, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks (the punches look particularly good)
the recipes look correct (the writer is a chef, not just someone cashing in on a craze)

its luau time!
elicia

D

Sounds like a must-have for my cookbook library-thanks for the tip!

W

Thanks for the info. Apparently these folks have a whole retro line...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1888054905/qid=1086746408/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-9415273-2977553?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Probably nothing new to the wonderful folks we are, but good gift ideas for any Ordinarys you know who need their bookshelves (and lives) done up a little.

L

ah luv it;
titled:
"retro luau"
but then gives you the format to create a non retro luau.
hmmmmmm...

D

I saw the book "Retro Happy Hour" and peeked inside-there was the coolest treasure chest made out of pineapples.They showed it propped open,filled with all kinds of fruit,including green grapes and strawberries strung on some sort of cord,spilling out of the treasure chest like beads.It was really over the top wild.

Pages: 1 4 replies