Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BENZARTs Carvings, FIRST thread 04-09-2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 757 replies

B

Well, I can't do much more to this little thing.Tomorrow I'll open an E-bay account and it will be my first offering.Here is the back with the new Logo.(next one will be better.)

Final demensions are 1 1/2" tall by 7/8" wide.

If anyone wants this before it goes to e-bay let me know

[ Edited by: Benzart 2007-07-10 05:58 ]

I WANT IT!!! please. let me know what you want for it in a PM.

S
SES posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 7:04 PM

Hahahah! I can picture you jumping up and down as you typed that one!
:wink:

O

damn, of all days i have to start back to work. chiki, enjoy. my wallet eyes are bigger than its contents right now anyways.

M

Hey Now Benzart you got pm and email

Shit! I've been away all day and missed this...is it gone?

B

BK, Sorry, I didn't know you would be gone all day. I'm beginning another one today and then more after that. Each one will be signed and numbered and I will Not make any moulds of these.
Congratulations to thechitiki. Thanks

K
Kanaka posted on Tue, Feb 3, 2004 6:34 AM

Benzart,

Please put me on the list for one too.

T

Benz, the list is gonna be long.....Can I get on the list behind Kanaka?

B

Sure you can be nexxt after Kanaka who is after McDougall who is after BAsement Kahuna I believe. Anyone else just sign in and this is in no way binding.
Thanksto the TC Family.

Put me on da' list Braddah Ben!

If it's within my price range-I would love one!

But, could you carve something a little smaller next time? I'm just thinking it might take up too much space... :D

B

Sure, I have some extra Toothpicks I could use, :wink:

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Feb 4, 2004 11:12 AM

dam you Chiki! don't you have anything else better to do than lurk on TC all day! I missed this wun to braddahz. I'm in line afta next afta next who eva dat may be.

HO! nice wun braddah Ben, glad to see you back braddah! are those gon have holes to hang like wun charm? ono!

Ha ha all you haters! When you're lucky, you're lucky I guess. I've been checking my email alot lately and since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped by TC . AS luck would have it..... Thanks BenZart!

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Feb 4, 2004 2:09 PM

blah blah blah ya wat evahz essay! dam Poly-Mexican!!

ya you were lucky Chiki! but i don't hate because I'm gonna get one too so, I participate!

Aloha Cheeks (Chiki)

[ Edited by: GECKO on 2004-02-04 14:11 ]

B

Just so everyone who has their name on the list knows, thechikitiki agreed to my low asking price of $50.00 for my first carving,small as it was. the followups will be kept to the same price according to size.
If anyone wants off the list I understand.
Right now my motive is sheer Pleasure, not business. Thanks

If it's 50 bucks...I have to decline...

B

Jungle trader, the won't All bee $50 bucks. Some will be More and some lesss. I'm planning to do some plain tikis and moai pendantd and keychains,I want to do several maori peices .This first one I did was just the first one I wanted to do. If we can find something in your price range, fine, I hope so,
Thanks.
I've been experimenting with 3 kinds of wood kind of killing tome before the Wood carvers show.Pine is NOT Good for these small things and Bass woog must be Only for Duck Carvers, it doesn't make these small things very well.I also had a log of Carrot wood cured for over a year thatdoes not hold Any detail.
This is not at all like carving the Big Logs.
Anyway I am back from the Carvers show with Black Walnut,Cherry and Magogany ,Honduran strain.As health will permit, Chips will be Flyin off the sticks.Anyone want to come and get a lesson?
I'll be havin some Pix in a few days.
Benzart

B

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-02-18 06:42 ]

I hear ya' Benzart, your art is of a very high quality, without a doubt. I know we can work something out. It will be good to have something you've made. Send images or post them here. Thanks!!

Now back to mai tai wishes and calamari dreams.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2004-02-08 10:54 ]

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Feb 9, 2004 11:35 AM

Cherry or Magogany for me. I kinds like the red.

looking towards putting da mask on da big puka lei i get.

mahaloz Ben!

B

Here is an Unfinished Peek an #2 for whoever is on the list.This one is Cherry Wood and it's 2 1/2 X 1 1/2"
Here's the top-knot

I gave this guy Teeth and a Big Tounge

I have the next one in BlackWalnut about ready for tome Eyes and a nose, post Pix tomorrow.

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-09-04 06:59 ]

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Feb 10, 2004 5:11 PM

schweeeeeet!

S
SES posted on Tue, Feb 10, 2004 5:12 PM

That one made me jump out of my chair!
:wink:

B

Here it is Almost finished. Needs about5 more coats of laquer, a leather string and it is ready to go. Tomorrow at this time it will be done.

Who was next on the list?

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-09-04 07:04 ]

C

*On 2004-02-10 17:51, Benzart wrote:
Who was next on the list?

ME!

I had to try.

Spectacular! Even better than the first... and the first one was beautiful! You've got a real gift there for carving... :)

B

Basement Kahuna is next in line and gets this one.
McDougall is next after this and then Kanaka followed by TikiBud, then Jungletrader and Polynesiac with Gecko wanting a Mouse sized on (computer mouse).
Anyone,get with me for any size or wood desires also the price range you are comfortable with and we can fit it in the way you want.
Thanks.
BenZart

Please add me to the list. These are fantastic. What wood is the 1st one made of?

[ Edited by: nice fishy on 2004-02-11 16:21 ]

B

The first one was Cocobola. I thought it was walnut at first then found out what it was.
I may have enough for 1 more similar size.
You are on the list.
Can Anyone give me ideas on what I should honestly charge for these?

As far as pricing goes, you have to calculate your time and effort, with talent (which is considerable), with what the market will bare. It's your call. As for me $50 is where my comfort level begins to get tweaked. I doubt this helps.

Aloha BraddahBen...... fo 50 clams put some mother of pearl in his eyes. Light em up. Maybe fake diamonds or whateva they call those things. Or is that tacky?

B

The diamonds or Rinestones would be tacky on this guy but mother of pearl would be ok. I'll try to find some around here and see how it looks.
Basement Kahuna and McDougall have to pass right now so next on the list is Kanaka and then TikiBud, then JungleTrader and Polynesiac. Whoever wants it let me know.
Here is the Final with 6 coats of laquer

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-09-04 07:07 ]

K

On 2004-02-12 17:23, Benzart wrote:
The diamonds or Rinestones would be tacky on this guy but mother of pearl would be ok. I'll try to find some around here and see how it looks.
Basement Kahuna and McDougall have to pass right now so next on the list is Kanaka and then TikiBud, then JungleTrader and Polynesiac. Whoever wants it let me know.

So does this mean I get this one Benzart???

Kanaka

B

Yes, Kanaka gets #2.
#3 is in the works from the cocobola piece that I have left, about same size as #1.
Pictures will come later today.

B

Here is an Almost complete #3. Needs cleanup and tattoo finished on left side of face

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-09-04 07:10 ]

Ben, that's some crazy detail. You carving with needles? Excellent work. I can't wait to see you go big.

B

Yeah, It only makes Me crazy doing it. I don't use Needles but i may try.
Here is #3 Complete and avail to whoever wants it in the list.

It's the same size as #1-1,1/4"X7/8"

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-09-04 07:12 ]

Hey Hey Hey! I got mine and it's A OK !Thanks Ben!!!

Does the chest hair come with it? I could use some.

B

OOOUch, Unfortunately, I don't have much in the chest hair dept, so No.Here is the next special for Jungle Trader.

Or whoever on the list that wants it.

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-09-04 07:15 ]

T

Your doing some great work Ben! I love that Marquesan.

B

Thanks TikiTony, Is this something I saw of yours? (If it comes up?

That ain't bad at all Mr T

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-02-17 19:57 ]

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-02-18 06:45 ]

B

Here's #5 with only 1 coat of lacquer. It should be finiskedin a few days. I'll
be out for surgery for several ays, but I'll be online
sooner.

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-09-04 07:19 ]

Ben those are sweet. Someone needs to get this man a bigger piece of wood.

Awesome work, Benzart, but more importantly, good luck with the surgery.

B

Thanks, I'll let you know how it went. I's not a big surgery so I'm sure all will be OK.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 757 replies