Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki / Coco Joes -VS- Hip MORE new pics!!

Post #185795 by dogbytes on Sat, Sep 10, 2005 12:38 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

I thought I’d post here, where the lava figurine collectors are: do any of you have information on (what I think) might be a company older than Cocojoes and HIP ~ Holo-Ka-Hana, Ltd.

the label

reads:

“Nanea (fascinating)

The latest creation by Holo-Ka-Hana, Ltd.

Nona Kapuailohia Beamer, recognized exponent of Hawaiian hula, named this fascinating figurine. Talented Georgi Daniel sculptured (Nanea) as well as Menehune Hauoli, Ki'i, Hoohehe'e, Koa, the Hawaiian warrior and Haunani, the beautiful Hawaiian miss.

All figurines are registered in the Territory of Hawaii, and are the exclusive property of Holo-Ka-Hana.

Lava from a recent volcanic eruption is used in a secret process giving these masterpieces of Hawaiiana a true distinction. Something to be treasured with your other fine pieces. These are not reproductions of great art - they are original authentic, and exclusive- made only by Holo-Ka-Hana, Ltd. Honolulu, Hawaii, We sincerely hope you will treasure (Nanea)”

I’ve googled to find out more about the company, but I’m having no luck. Nona Kapuailohia Beamer is the mother to Keola Beamer, the musician. Georgi Daniel passed away at the age of 82 in 1998.

oh and while i'm here: how do you clean & protect your cocojoes/HIPs? i thought the soap n water, soft damp towel would work, but they're still pretty grungy.

thanks
elicia