Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki / The Root of Jimmy Buffet Bashing

Post #79594 by tikijackalope on Sat, Mar 6, 2004 9:49 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

bigbrotiki noted:

On a totally unrelated note: Tikijackalope, your signature Tiki above, from the Kon Tiki in Tuscon, (wait..did I already post about this once.?..anyway:) allows for a great "Where's Waldo" game in the Milan Guanko picture on page 248 of the BOT.

I'd been saving that pic for when I was unhappy about something because the tiki looks distressed, and I'd noticed it in BOT. I hadn't noticed till now that they've poured concrete around his feet. Of course, when I change the sig pic for another post, that one will change too so here it is:

Is Kon-Tiki's tall, crotch-covering tiki by the aquarium the same one in the pic on 248? The one in BOT looks a little different in the eyes (it seems to be carved so as to look downwards) and it does not seem quite as detailed at the one at Kon-Tiki, but it might not have been done yet. Here's the one at Kon-Tiki:

Back on topic, I don't particularly dislike Buffet and mean no offense to his fans; its just a matter of ambiance. I'm playing Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti right now, but I don't want to hear it in a Tiki bar.

[ Edited by: tikijackalope on 2004-03-06 11:21 ]