Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki / Official Introductions Thread. New Members, Post your introduction here...

Post #13951 by Maui_Matt on Sat, Nov 16, 2002 10:09 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

On 2002-11-16 08:18, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2002-11-16 01:23, Maui_Matt wrote:

My great uncle(Mom's uncle) worked for Steve Crane during the 50's and 60's as an artist, so when he died my family got a box from him. My uncle also worked on several hotels in Hawaii in the 60s and did the big tiki restaurant in Montreal(Can't remember the name).

Matt, what was your uncle's name, and when did he pass away? He must have worked with George Nakashima and Florian Gabriel, especially if he worked on the Kon Tiki in Montreal...was it Irving Weisenberg? He worked for Armet & Davis...hmmm...if he worked on Hotels in Hawaii, maybe he was with Wimberly & Cook?

You know this is scary, cause Irving is my uncle. He passed away in the late 80s. Its been so long, I can't remember the exact name of the company he worked for. Though Armet and Davis sounds familiar. He used to have tons of artwork from things he did, but I believe they are no longer around. I think I have more stuff than his son(my cousin).

I have looked for information on him online, but I've never seen anything. I'm just curious how you know his name and where I could find some information. My aunt is still around, and I think she'd be really pleased to see that people are talking about some of the designs he did.

I must say, this board is really cool.

Thanks again!