Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

TiKi tOny's paintings & carvings 11/04

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies

T

Aloha Friends, Here's 7 paintings that I painted for Hukilau. I've had a couple e-mails asking about the paintings, so I'd thought others may be interested. Thanks for looking, hope you like 'em.

"Kon-Tiki" 24"x12" sold

"Campy in Butano" 24"x12" sold

"Tongaroa and Hiva in search of Papua" 12"x20" sold

"Bumatay" 24"x12" sold

"Birds Birds" 20"x24" sold

"Rapa Nui" 20"x24" sold

"Aloha" 12"x24" sold

All paintings are acrylic paint on masonite (composite wood) board about half inch thick.

This is the painting in Otto's Tiki Art Now show at the shooting gallery in SF. http://www.shootinggallerysf.com

Here's some of carvings.

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2005-03-12 11:03 ]

Thats some very cool stuff. I like your style.

Flounder

T

whoa flounderart! Coming from you, that sure is a compliment. You're the master of canvas, or should I say burlap! tanks a lot

S
SES posted on Wed, Oct 8, 2003 6:24 AM

I LOVE THOSE!
They are very well done. I like the way you have the palm trees incorporated into the edge of the paintings. I can see you illustrating books with this style. They each have a story going on.

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:09 ]

S
SES posted on Wed, Oct 8, 2003 6:46 AM

I want to see some sexy hula girls and maybe Pele in these!

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:09 ]

Ta-ta_Tony! Hey now,lookin' good . I wanna OG (block) before the new line debuts. Heading your way next week.

I dig these drawings! You have a very unique graphic style. Very cool!

I would love to collect these as postcards, (partially because that's all I could afford right now).

-Slacks

Great work, very whimsical. Your style reminds me a bit of Ronald Searle but is totally unique.

T

These are wonderful. They actually remind me of Edward Gorey (on a tropical vaction) minus the woeful captions. Very clever, indeed.

O
Octane posted on Wed, Oct 8, 2003 9:21 PM

that is some great drawing tony, you are skilled with the chisel as well as the pen. great work

S
seamus posted on Wed, Oct 8, 2003 9:36 PM

Very cool TT. Great stuff.

T

i'm about ready to wet myself, tanks everybody. Chiki Tiki, Give me a call again and stop by, I'll be out back carving as usual. Post cards, i'm on it! But I think I'll leave the corporation out of my pocket and have them printed somewheres myself... (i'll probably end up using Cafe tho')

Very, very cool! Imagine a bunch of these on a aloha style shirt... that would be hot! I like the postcard idea too, or even greeting cards...

You've got some great tallent there Tiki Tony!

S
SES posted on Thu, Oct 9, 2003 3:15 PM

You're right! They'd be great for a pattern on fabric!

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:12 ]

These are great pictures. I liked the idea of tiles and the idea of post cards. Keep posting new pics for us to see!!

Like I said in a previous post, This guy is gonna hit the roof! Get him now before you can't afford him! TT is da man! My prediction is, He'll go High above us all! Too much talent!

G

SWEEET drawingz!! double talent!

tanks bam bam ben, you're getting me all tingley inside. Oh, Gecko, You're still my hero! Well, who would win in a bare-fisted fist fight? You or the Chiki?

Thanks for the kind words from everybody. Ask any of the carvers or artist here, when you get complements its so much more inspiring to go out and start working again! _
mY TiKi sLide sHow:
TiKi
eMaiL mE fOr cUsToM TiKiS, Lamps, mAsks, sHeLvEs, sHiFtEr kNobS, nEcKLaCeS, wALL pANeLs, bAcKyArD hUtS, or aNyTing.

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2003-10-27 22:04 ]

HOLY Tikironi!
How did I miss this post before?
Yer stuff is AMAZING!
Love it...
must find out how to git some of it.
makes me think of tiki meets tikiroom meets mightmare before xmas. SUPER DUPER !
Have ya got a website set up yet?
Pea

man, i dig that head salesman. your stuff is great, looks like lithograths. ill add another name to my going in debt tiki purchase list.

T

hey, tanks pea, and tikitanked. Well, each drawing is on 8x11 cardstock paper, which most take less than an hour to draw, and I only charge $25. per hour for these. So, each is only $25. No real website yet, and probably not for a while, since I still can't figure out the whole ftp, web hosting thing. Anyone wanna trade tecky for tiki?

Chony, I looked for your shelf last night on Monster House. It was too good for that crappy a$$ room anyway. Did you get it back? Tiki OOGeY bOOGeY!

chiki, yer always lookin out fo me. Well, I only gave them the voodoo doll, not the shelf. They did show the voodoo doll for a split second. yeah, cheezy house as always on dat show. I noticed the dude had a bunch o tikis tho before they slaughtered it. I'm probably gonna spam him with chiki flyers & tt flyers now.

K

DUDE!

ROCK AND RULE!

MIND BLOWING!

HARDCORE!

THE DEAL!

MAXIMUS!

SHOCKING!

NICE!

R

cool drawings, wish I had one.

hi tikitony! i am a newbie to tiki central.
i really like your art work, do you sell it?
the two heads for your one is great!
angela

tiki tony mug?

kooche, dat means a lot from you, i way dig your stuff! Rorysm, don't wish, pick one out man! msmeow6369 aka angela, yup there $25 ea. they're on 8x11 card stock paper, and welcome to Tiki Central.
smogbreather,,, ahhhh, I'm drooling at the thought of it!

S
SES posted on Thu, Oct 30, 2003 2:05 AM

Hey Tikitony...
Are these three available?
Put my name on them if so.
thanks!
SES

Tony
I was looking through the pics,pics,pics, section and noticed a question you asked me that I missed about Ron English's Billboard Liberation. What is it and were can I see some?
The painting I did for Crazy Al was definitely inspired by Basquiat, just a little tighter in some aspects. I love Basquiats work. Have you seen the movie, it gets me in the work mode when I'm not inspired.
Get back to me on Ron English (sounds familiar)

S
SES posted on Thu, Oct 30, 2003 9:13 PM

On 2003-10-30 13:06, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Have you seen the movie, it gets me in the work mode when I'm not inspired.

The ending is kind of eerie now with them walking down the sidewalk and saying something like "I've got to get out of this place" with a shot of the twin towers looming in the background.

Wow thats pretty interesting. I will have to keep my eye peeled next time.

T

flounderart, here's his web site: http://www.popaganda.com/
here's the paintings:
http://www.popaganda.com/Paintings/body_paintings.shtml
and here's the billboards:
http://www.popaganda.com/billboards/index.shtml

On the paintings page click on the "More Paintings" to see them all. Funny stuff, and seems to be similar sense of humor as you. Its hard to tell if this guy loves life or hates it, but he gives you something to think about.

Yeah baby! I love it. I have seen some of his work before, never the billboard though, which I dig. I swear I come up with ideas like those every day. You were right same though patterns!

Thank Tony

Hey guys, just signed no today. I was wondering if someone could fill me in on how to go about getting a bundle of palmwood. Is it tough to get, and who would I contact about gettnig it?

82Tikis sounds excited. Cool.

T

Hey 82, i think you posted in the wrong spot, but contact all your tree trimmers (best to do it in person) and leave them with your info, and they'll start dropping 'em off on your doorstep!

S
SES posted on Sun, Dec 28, 2003 2:08 PM

TikiTony... do you want to sell the drawings or not?
Also, waiting to hear back on the carvings.
I might start doing on my own soon!

whoa sistah! I definitelly want to sell the drawings, and carvings, I thought I was waiting for you to put in your request. All the drawings you reposted are still available... I'm gonna email you!

S
SES posted on Mon, Dec 29, 2003 5:50 PM

LOL... got the email! Thanks!

D

Great work dude! Your handy with the chisel and did you chisel yourself, lol. I like the art work. Later!

Daryl Don Darry

T

Most excellent work , Tony! man, I wish I had your talent! isn't it a bit dangerous to be using a chainsaw without shoes though?? Don't get messed up! I have some palm wood my neighbor gave me and I am gonna start seeing what I can do with it...chisel anyone??

Dave

yeah dude...shoes. maybe some deck shoes and aviator sunglasses purely for safety...a quick technical question: can you carve with a machette? its all i've got.
great work

B

Yeah, I need chisels.
Tikitony, have you tried any of those quarter and dime tipped Chainsaw Blades? They will do wonders to the wood. not sure if this pic will post.

THe garz yeah, it can be a bit dangerous, and now that its cooled down a little, I wear shoes, The chiki tiki thought I was a bit off when he heard I was carving with the flip flops. Ben, no, I havent used any of those skinny chain bars yet, I imagine I'll get one someday, but I'm amazed what those cheepy $39 14" Home Depot "limb n trim"s will do. 8bitmagic, I've got the deck shoes, and aviator glasses on my shopping list, and yes, I have tried using a machete, but it was only $1.99 and it wouldn't even cut a rug, let alone a palm. Maybe a well sharpened machete will do the trick, I'll try that.

Tony, I was at the Rip Curl shop in Santa Monica (3rd St Prom) yesterday and saw one of your tikis in there. Very cool stuff. How old is that one? The teenies who worked there didn't know anything about it...

TikiTony - your stuff is most excellent. I love your drawings. Especially the Easter Island head w/pirate ship in the background. Pirates and Tikis! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Your lamps are very creative too, your style is all your own! Keep posting your stuff and (thanks to Poly-pop) I'll have to check out your tiki at rip curl!

edited because I was too itchy with the "submit" button

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-02-09 13:25 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies