Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Del McCoury Band

Pages: 1 8 replies

Well this is most certainly NOT tiki, but it is great music.

When I started playing steel guitar focusing on old Hawaiian music, I was inevitably pointed towards American music such as Country (old school) and Bluegrass.

At 43, I've been through all the music scenes on the West Coast and was getting extremely burnt out on KROQ pop music.

A friend told me about the Del McCoury Band, so I bought a CD and was very impressed.

So if your looking for something new, check it out.

Kill your CD player.

On 2003-09-18 23:50, woofmutt wrote:
Kill your CD player.

Woofmutt,

Man! that was a good one. Hey, you're pretty quick witted aren't you?

I guess that was in reference to my 'kill your television' on your TV thread. Didn't mean to tweek your hobby.

I see the comparison too. Let's see - I buy a CD and listen to it in order to learn how to play the music myself, by ear.

You sit and watch TV to, ah ..., do nothing.

TV is chewing gum for the brain.

On 2003-09-19 10:14, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I see the comparison too. Let's see - I buy a CD and listen to it in order to learn how to play the music myself, by ear.

You sit and watch TV to, ah ..., do nothing.

I sit and watch TV and, ah ..., LEARN. I gained skills and inspiration from watching TV to create the East Indies Room, start my own business venture, and absorb info about cultures & events I'll probably never experience in my life. And I watch tons of mindless fluff.

And you only buy CDs strictly to learn how to play whats on them?

Kill your computer!!!!

On 2003-09-19 13:27, Unga Bunga wrote:
Kill your computer!!!!

I already have, multiple times, but they _Just_Won't_Stay_DEAD!

W

Tiki_Bong,

I'm sure I must have seen "Kill your CD player" on a bumper sticker somewheres, and as you seem so fond of bumper sticker slogans I thought you might enjoy it. But, as Buffy says "Oops, my bad."

KK

Del McCoury is a national treasure. Lately we seem to be losing a lot of them, don't we? Check out his excellent version of "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" on the Oxford Magazine's (free) CD.

D

love that song NASHVILLE CATS by del---------------------dave from jersey

kill your lawnmower

Pages: 1 8 replies