Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events / "It's All About the Tiki"

Post #59598 by MakeDaMug on Wed, Nov 12, 2003 11:55 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

Hi,
I'll have photos up over the next few days. We've worked hard to keep the prices very reasonable. Instead of going over the prices, I'll post photos and will include the prices with the photos. I'm hoping to do that by this weekend.

We have gone all out for this project and I think it shows. We've got some radical jewelry (Shag 1st edition sterling tiki charm bracelet - the charms are actual mini tiki mugs!), a giant 24" resin hand-stained cast mantletop outrigger complete w/the Big Kahuna (mug) & the 3 rowers (mugs) by Pizz, Von Franco's footed Artist series bowl which are his animated versions of each artist as tikis (on our splash page)... they're set up around the perimeter of the bowl with a tombstone effect. There are 37 new designs in all available in 14 different variations (some are sold individually, some as sets).

The Dynotones will be playing live and there will be a stocked bar.

BAMBOO BEN and I are heading up to La Luz tomorrow and the good reverend will be installing some radical decor and selling some of his new furnishings. Have any of you seen Ben's new designs... they're INSANE!!

The show's from 8pm to 11pm and on a special side note for anybody who knows the proprietor, Billy Shire. Billy's a notorious character and we are paying hommage to him at the show with the official debut of...
"THE BILLY BANK". The Billy Bank is sculpted by Squid and it's staring at me in my office as I write this and it's freaking me out! It will only be available at Wacko/Soap Plant so if you wanna get freaked out too, you can get one of your own!

After the shows' conclusions (La Luz 11/22 & M Modern 11/29) we will have a remaing allocated inventory of products available for sale online at the Farm (check out our site for more details). We're not posting any to eBay - never have... only Tiki Central folks & our opt-in email folks know about this.

So I'll be the neurotic guy in the background who will slip into a slight coma at the conclusion of the show should anybody want to find me and say hi! I hope to see a lot of you TC'ers there... Tiki Ti afterwards??? Just plant my face into a cocktail and I'll be ok.