Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

fire at trader vics portland

Pages: 1 7 replies

N
N

yep..simply cant afford to finish off that ceiling, lets just shut down the entire operation

T

OMG.....this is so depressing! I had just planned to make a trip to check it out and then saw the news of the fire so I was waiting for the re opening.

I

Very sad news, USA now down to 2 TV's.
I feel fortunate I was able to visit in 2014.

That's crazy! I can't believe it. I was hoping to make it back to Portland soon to finally get there, too. It's interesting that all the this have been closing down the last decade while increasingly MORE tiki bars have opened their doors. Why can't Vice's stay open? Too much space vs smaller footprint of most bars? Why not relocate and downsize?

[ Edited by: finky099 2016-03-15 23:25 ]

N

The thing that kills me is, that ceiling is almost finished in the photo

So what if the location was marginally profitable, and the fire gave them a good reason to break the lease (assumption its leased) and close a low-performing restaurant?

Shouldn't this have gone into the existing Trader Vic's Portland thread? Others here broke this story in that thread yesterday. Just sayin' we could avoid more dreaded thread-bloat on the board.

On 2016-03-16 05:55, AceExplorer wrote:
So what if the location was marginally profitable, and the fire gave them a good reason to break the lease (assumption its leased) and close a low-performing restaurant?

Shouldn't this have gone into the existing Trader Vic's Portland thread? Others here broke this story in that thread yesterday. Just sayin' we could avoid more dreaded thread-bloat on the board.

Agreed. I'm locking this thread and will put a link to it in the proper thread, which would be this one:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=43104&forum=2&start=0

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2016-03-16 22:51 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies