Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Ebay: Cool pics of 40's bamboo furniture & bar

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

This vintage 40's decorating book has a couple cool pics of bamboo furniture (which I have shown in photos). I looked for anything more tiki in it but could not find. So no need to buy the book, but just check out the cool pics of the swanky bamboo furniture!

OK, so I wouldn't be heartbroken if someone bought it. But I warn you, all tiki-esque photos are already shown and accounted for here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41517&item=3542061158

M

I think I'll bid on the Goth fashion book instead....ooooh, so scary....look at me I'm dracula!!!! (just kidding)

Matt

T

Hey, don't laugh, last time I had that book it sold for 72 dollars!
I guess those goth kids of today are rolling in the dough.

UB

That looks like a bar for Doris Day (Doris who?).

Congratulations on your understated and totally appropriate use of the word "Eames" in an Ebay listing.

L
laney posted on Sat, Aug 9, 2003 2:42 AM

On 2003-08-08 13:35, tikifish wrote:
Hey, don't laugh, last time I had that book it sold for 72 dollars!
I guess those goth kids of today are rolling in the dough.

Went to Ozz Fest this year and you should have seen all the goth kids sweating it out in the 100+ heat! Many had nice seats too the money must come from the parents guilt. If it wasn't for the air conditioned bus I was in, I would have died and I wasn't wearing head-to-toe black!

S
Swanky posted on Sat, Aug 9, 2003 9:16 PM

This reminds me of the 1956 adn 1957 Better Homes and Gardens Decorating books I have turned into my American Homes section of my web site.

M

Cool pics Swanky...btw, I dig the Wigwam Village...I've stayed at the one in Kentucky as well as the one in Holbrook, AZ...well worth the trip.

Pages: 1 7 replies