Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Art Show in Oakland

Pages: 1 9 replies

W

Rad tiki people! I've put a few images of my art up on here recently and am excited to be having my own solo art show at Creative Framing and Gallery in Oakland. The main wall is all tiki, and we made a little 'hut' to feature the paintings. Lots of black velvet paintings, acrylic on wood, watercolors, and a few other fun things.

There is an opening reception on Saturday September 14th and I'd love to see some tikicentral people! Stop by the art show, then head down the hill to Forbidden Island for drinks. Anyway, here is a flyer for the show and few of the paintings.

Thanks for checking this out and hope to see some of you there!
Here is the Gallery website: http://creativeframingoakland.com

Congratulations. I hope you have a lot of fun, Wendy

T

Congrats on the show! I really like your work! I'm sure the show will be a huge success!

W

Cool, thanks Eric and Wendy!! Means a lot coming from both of you. Love seeing all of your works on here as well. I don't make it out to many events outside of the bay area, but hopefully will get a chance to meet up with either/both of you in the future. Thanks for the support!

Here are a couple more images of my work. The first is one of the robots in the show. I like to do robots, so I mixed tiki and robot, and here he is! The gallery owner said he's more tiki than robot, which is fine by me :)

And here is another watercolor, painted while we were in Maui earlier this year.

I plan on coming over to check out your exhibit tomorrow. I didn't even realize you were local to the Bay Area.

I have always liked your work and congrats on the show!

Look forward to meeting you SandraDee!

W

The Saturday night reception was lots of fun, thanks to everyone who came out! Good meeting some of you. Here is photo of me, my wife Jessica, and friend Frank. There is a closing reception on Saturday October 19, so hopefully I'll see some of you again!

Are you guys drinking wine!

W

Tonight is the closing reception and party for the Tiki show. Come on over, 6-9pm for some polynesian fun in Oakland! 5015 Woodminster Lane, Oakland CA. Say hi and let me know you saw me on TC! Some pieces are sold, but I still have lots of tiki art available.

What fun to have your own art show. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed your photos. Cheers, Wendy

Pages: 1 9 replies