Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace / BIG pile o' WITCO found!

Post #639535 by mcpeak on Wed, Jun 6, 2012 12:15 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
M

If you've been in this bidness a while you know that you'll go a for years and never see something, then BANG, you find three in one day. Thats kind of the story here , in less than 6 weeks three different sets of Witco from three different folks found their way to me. Another great thing is that they are all one owner pieces. Each person had a story of when and where they, or their parents bought it.

OK, the first set is a giant Tiki couch and chair, an amoeba shaped tiki coffee table, and a clock. An awesome clock. The zebra print is original to the pieces but will have to be replaced, and probably the foam.

The second piece found was a giant Buddha fountain! The Buddha is 6 feet tall and has all of the pumps tubes, etc. There is a separate piece that holds two tiers of carved bowls that the water flows through.

The third set has 4 pieces. A carved bar-great design that I have not seen before, two stools, and a hanging bar back for glasses or bottles. The stools need new foam and have ugly upholstery. The wood on all of the pieces is in great shape. There are nicks and chunks, but no water damage, splitting etc.

I asked around and searched a lot on the computer to try and price these. There's not a lot out there on these specific pieces other than pictures. Soooo, im pricing them as I would for nice mid-century pieces of similar nature, that is my forte. So if you think my pricing is way out there let me know, if you think it is insanely low, buy it, then let me know. I would be willing to really really deal to someone who could use the lot.

You would need to be prepared to pick it up or have it shipped from East Tennessee. I would be willing to deliver for the cost of truck rental, gas, and food. (Within Reason, probably not to Seattle.)

Couch, Chair, Coffee table, clock 1200.00
Buddha fountain, stand and bowls 1500.00
Bar, 2 stools, and bar back 1400.00
I would also be open to trade for high grade 1950s stuff. Herman Miller , Knoll and such. Eames (real Eames).
So, let me know what you think. Pass this along to any of your friends who have, or going to open a Tiki bar, I think it would be awesome all together. Im going to attempt to post pictures, but if I'm unsuccessful email me at [email protected]