Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace / Chunk Lamps by the original artist. 8/25/19 If you have one please post a photo here.

Post #619693 by TikiTomD on Tue, Jan 3, 2012 3:28 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
T

Wendy, serendipity is a terrific thing! When we saw your post on Sven’s beautiful Red Tiki Lamp that was a Christmas present from WestADad, we clicked over to Roge Bodine’s Etsy site. Pat, my wife, then decided that I would get a Blue & Green Tiki Lamp as a birthday present, so an order was placed.

In correspondence, Roge shared his Laguna Lamps story and brochure, the one you just posted. When I looked through the brochure, I realized that I had just seen at least one of his lamps in the Hawaiian Inn at Daytona Beach (see Tiki Modern, pages 260 & 261). So I sent Roge this photo I had taken on December 17 from inside the Polynesian show area. He confirmed it was a Laguna Lamps Model R-102...

When Pat and I returned to Ohana Luau in the Hawaiian Inn for this past weekend’s New Year’s Eve party, I made a mental note to get a few more photos, presented below. Three of those lamps have been hanging inside the Polynesian show area for almost 50 years. It’s possible that there are a few more that I didn’t notice, as we were pretty busy socializing, drinking, eating and watching the show.

As you enter through this door, the first lamp presents itself in multi-color splendor (you can see it through the door glass)...

There are two more in the show area...

Mahalo, Wendy, for this thread... as a result, I’m receiving a beautiful Tiki lamp for my birthday next week, and we discovered yet another retro modern aspect of this historic Poly Pop “port of call.”

-Tom

[ Edited by: TikiTomD 2012-01-04 03:01 ]