Pages: 1 2 58 replies

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 5:29 PM

Open for comments, critiques, etc.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-03-30 18:32 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 5:30 PM

BLUE BOB -----SOLD-------

CUTESY BOB auction on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160567864268#ht_500wt_1156

PRIMITIVE BOB (Watch for him on ebay---link coming soon)

UNHOLY BOB---Idea by John-O, who now owns him

YIN/YANG Mug and shotglass combo------sold--------

MINIMALIST BOB -------sold-------

JAVA BOB one-of in this color "Espresso" -----$50-------

GROG thinking about doing shirt. Would anybody be interested in a Tiki Bob shirt?

All artwork copyright Ernie Keen.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-02 21:39 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 5:48 PM

Okay! I'm next up to bat -

I present to all tikiphiles my Tiki Bob painting:

"The night Bob met Bob"
Acrylics on 16" X 20" canvas panel.
March 28, 2011

Price upon request. Please PM me here if interested, okay? Thanks!

Thanks GROG for organizing the event last night and the thread here...you're amazing. Cheers! G

The 1st two photos show all the pieces from the show.
Notch-o Bob, Notch Ocea Otica collaboration, SOLD

These photos are of the Zombi Bobs still available. At a later date there will be the standard edition, an edition of 10, which has the white face with black lips and eyes. These are the last of the one offs, except for #2 which I have to redo and will post at a later date. All Zombi Bobs $48 Shipping will be $13. Thanks for looking. Will do my best to let people know when pieces are sold, will be taken in order of PM's received. Make sure to include mug number, located under photo, with your request. I will contact you with payment info via PM.

#9 SOLD

#3SOLD

#6 SOLD

#5 SOLD

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2011-03-28 18:14 ]

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2011-03-28 20:55 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2011-03-29 17:29 ]

T

"Future Bob"
Giclee on paper.

This is my imagining of Tiki Bob's resurrection sometime in the (hopefully) not too distant future & its subsequent centuries of success after that. And the secret of that success? Why, the ever popular "Lingerie Lunch" of course.

The image size is 16" x 22" and is much clearer than is shown. It's printed on high quality heavy paper and is a limited edition of 20. The price is $60.00 per print plus insured shipping so PM me if you're interested.

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2011-03-28 18:36 ]

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2012-06-19 10:55 ]

PNG BOB

Hand carved and painted White Pine

24" H x 6.5" W

SOLD! Thank you!

[ Edited by: lake surfer 2011-04-03 23:21 ]

Behold the 8th Wonder of the World - BOB KONG!!!

The resemblance to Fay Wray is uncanny! :D

Kong is 7 inches tall, modified from a cast made by DanLovesTikis/Wendy

Display stand is wood with a plastic sacrificial virgin. Overall display is 5x7x8 inches.

On sale now on eBay, phone a friend and start a bidding war! :lol:

Thanks GROG, this was fun

When life hands you molasses, make rum

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-03-28 18:18 ]

POSTING GECKO'Z CONTRIBUTION FOR THE SHOW $400 plus $17 for shipping.

Piña Bob by Gecko
This is my latest that I call Piña Bob. My moms favorite fruit! I can here her now "Mikel buy mommy wun piña bepor u com hom"!
Me and Poptiki was going to do a colaberation pineapple bob a few years ago where it was just da pineapple with bobs face but it never came about. I still wanted to do it but only got around to doing it recently so I came up with this design that was a bit more complicated to create but was worth it in da end as it looks great.
I normally put flowers on da wahine bobs. This is da very first from da mold and is on da Kane bob. It will be da only Kane wit da flower. Da rest will be on my wahines. I will put these on eBay wen'eva I have da chance to make'm as they are a bit hard and time consuming to do.

Shaka!

Gecko

Please contact him though his web Page at:
http://www.southseaarts.com
Made in Hawaii

TIKI BOB SHOW - PRICES at the Bottom of the Page. I AM TAKING ORDERS AS EXPLAINED BELOW.

SOUTH OF THE BOARDER BOB

When BOB's sombrero is off he is a decanter. He comes with this new cork.

This could also be made as a mug with sombrero.

SUPER CARVED BOB, Hand Carved so no two would be the same. Under glazed then covered with clear glaze. I believe that a regular Duncan IN glaze would have the detail remain deeper, the under glaze filled up the design. Your choice of colors.

DECANTER BOB, hand carved and no two alike. The cap is for display. If used as a decanter it comes with a new cork. This style can also be made as a mug.

SHRINER BOB choose your name and or symbols.

Glazed and then metallic paint added to name and symbols.

Straw hole in the back.

PEACENIK BOB, choose the hair color and style. Shirt plain or 60's wild.

TIKI BOB BOWL, color choice and bowl style changes possible. This is the first in a series that Dan calls the shouldhavebeen bowls. There were mugs and there shouldhavebeen matching bowls. Now there will be!

ON THE ROAD WITH KINNY (little lost tiki) AND TIKI BOB
Acrylic on canvas/card, not framed.

Tiki Bob's in the Jungle Room.

This is my husband Dan (wendylovestikis) he never posts because he never learned to type. He does however collect tikis, they are his passion. Today he twisted my arm to sell him every one of my Tiki Bob creations. I love my husband and so what can a woman do but give in. SO I will take orders for each of the ceramic Tiki Bobs. I will do better now that I have had practice. Each one is hand carved or built so no two will be the same. That goes for colors as well. You can make special requests.

Example on Shriner Bob Zelzah is now gone. Aloha has been ordered so it's gone. What would you want? More than 6 letters will make the word smaller. I could instead of Shriner symbols put a Moai head on the front of the hat. What I can say is that a Tiki Bob Bowl I sell on order will not have a hole in his head like this first one. Peacenik Bob will have your choice of hair color and the shirt will be different designs.

So what I'm saying is that I'm up for custom BOB's, the price will stay the same. Do you have a Bob that you would like me to make that is different from these? Let's talk. I'm reliable and I will work hard to make you happy, Wendy

ADD ON: I am making a Tiki Bob Decanter for the Sacramento Crawl next October 2011. It will have a small volcano on top. If you are interested in owning one I will put you on the list to be notified if any are left over after the event. At the moment it is sitting in the center of a 6 piece mold. I have not poured even one. Here are photos of it in clay. They will be sold by who comes to the crawl first and who is first on the list who did not attend. No obligation. No price yet. Cheers, Wendy

Based on this design.

PRICE LIST: I just decided to lower previously quoted prices. So for those who have ordered early here are the show sales prices. I will take orders until midnight March 31st, 2011. After that I'll be working on these orders.

South of the Boarder Bob (Decanter or Mug) $110 plus shipping

Super Carved Bob $75 plus shipping

Decanter Bob (Decanter or Mug) $110 plus shipping

Shriner Bob $110 plus shipping

Peacenik Bob $110 plus shipping

Tiki Bob (shouldhavebeen) Bowl $175 plus shipping

On The Road With Kinny And Tiki Bob an unframed acrylic painting 18 X 14 inches.
$275 plus shipping

Please send me PM's with requests, thank you, Wendy

T

Here's my pieces for the show!

Tiki Bob Diorama. SOLD

The signs light up, and the mug can be removed for tiki drinking! The box/frame is 9x18x8, the mug is about 9.5 inches high. The building/signs are made from various materials.

Tiki Bob Restaurant drawing. SOLD
11x14, colored pencil on black paper.

Tiki Bob Mug drawing. $140.00 framed, $120.00 unframed. (see below for info)

11x14, colored pencil on black paper.

Bob Bryant drawings. (in the style of Alec Yuill Thornton) SOLD

Each 5x7, ink on paper.
Honoring the men who gave us Tiki Bob: owner Bob Bryant and illustrator Alec Yuill Thornton.
The images are based on pix posted here by Sven, so in a way, it's honoring BigBro too, because without all of his efforts, we wouldn't have the understanding of Tiki Bob that we do today!

L to R: Moai Bob, Tall Tiki Bob Pole, Short Tiki Bob Pole, Primordial Flaming tiki Bob Bowl. ALL SOLD
Unfortunately, at the moment this is the only photo I have of these pieces, but I'll post more soon

The Tiki Bob Mug black paper drawing is $140.00 framed, plus 18.00 for shipping.

Or you have the option of having the piece shipped unframed 120.00, with a 16x20 mat.
Shipping unframed is 9.00

Please PM me if you have any questions!
Or you can make a paypal payment to:
[email protected]

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com
]

[ Edited by: tobunga 2011-03-31 18:18 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 11:59 AM

KIRBY BOB by Kirby

He also did a one-of Mahogany hand-made pendant he sold, and a carved mask that he sold.

----Not to be confused with TIKIKIRBY who is another artist also on TC----
Kirby's Island.com****Facebook

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-03-30 01:26 ]

The "No Evil" Bobs by me COMING SOON.

Hated to miss the show on Sunday, and wanted to have my piece done before hand, but had a deadline I couldn't miss, so the show had to wait.

M

Here's some of the vintage Tiki Bob wood signs I did for the show. $40 each - PM me if you're interested in one. Should have them up on the website in a few days.

[ Edited by: Mo-Eye 2011-04-01 23:12 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 30, 2011 9:39 AM

GROG add more pics in GROG 'post at top, and GROG add pics of Kirby's mug towards the bottom.

Krisdrama's Tiki Bob that Kelly bought before she could set it down.

Jake, the Bearded Bastard's piece. (Thanks for pic MauiRose.)

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: grog 2011-03-31 23:41 ]

"Tiki Bob Dobbs" from the private collection of McEvoy & Rodriguez...

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2011-03-30 17:33 ]

M

On 2011-03-28 20:41, danlovestikis wrote:

POSTING GECKO'Z CONTRIBUTION FOR THE SHOW $400 plus $17 for shipping.

Wendy, What's the matter with Gecko...Can't post his own photos?
BTW the mug is sold.

T

Bravo! Great stuff.
Love it all. Wish I could have been there.

Bob was very inspirational

Hi MauiTiki, nope he doesn't know how to post here and I don't know how to read abbreviations. What is BTW? Help? Wendy

by the way

I'm too old to text. I'd never know enough abbreviations. Thank you S.Tiki!

S

YGTBKM That is the list of all lists... :o TFAM (Time for a MaiTai!)

Well Beachbumz that confirmed it. Wendy

TB

Bonjour :)
looks like I'm late....
I still have some peanut to sale.... :wink:
(the black is sold)
price mug: 100$ (shipping include)
pendant : 30$
à bientôt! :wink:

H

I love those peanuts Bai!

M

Just added my vintage signs on page 1. Check them out!

Awesome thread Grog ,and every artist involved should take a bow ....incredible work !

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 2, 2011 12:50 AM

Thanks all artists who got involved, and thanks everybody for holding off on comments until after the artists had time to post. GROG will make some more Bobs and will post here when they are done.

Only ONE person commented that they liked the idea of Tiki Bob T-shirt, so that must be a "NO" for doing a Tiki Bob T-shirt, since nobody else was really interested in it.

We'll have to do another Tiki Bob show next year or later this year.

Mo-eye, love the signs. The Zombie Hut sign we got from you at Oasis was a hit during the Sacramento Crawl. Your art is terrific, Wendy

I want to let everyone who ordered a custom Tiki Bob know that I have begun to pour them and to make the hats and to do the carving. So if you look at my craft thread and see what's going on there know that whenever the plaster has been poured and is setting up I'm working on your mugs. It will still take a while because they have to dry before the bisque fire. I want to do a good job so I'm not going to rush it. Doing custom mugs is so much more fun than making molds. Thank you for your orders. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-04-02 21:20 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 2, 2011 9:28 PM

On 2011-04-02 21:19, danlovestikis wrote:
Doing custom mugs is so much more fun than making molds.

GROG second that.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 2, 2011 9:40 PM

CUTESY BOB is now listed on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160567864268#ht_500wt_1156

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-02 21:40 ]

T

Will GROG buy a new cave with all of the money he's going to make from this auction?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 2, 2011 9:48 PM

GROG just trying to make money to keep cave GROG already in.

GROG' first listing on ebay! The pictures were smaller than GROG expected.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-02 21:51 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 3, 2011 7:57 PM
M

Hey primitive bob you are my Kinda Guy!!! Just look at that tooth...sexy! LOL

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2011 11:16 AM

Thanks Mymo.

A little less than 7 hours before the end of MadDogMike's ebay auction for Tiki Bob Kong, so if you need a little ferocity in your mug collection, this is the ticket:

Behold the 8th Wonder of the World - BOB KONG!!! On sale now on eBay

The resemblance to Fay Wray is uncanny! :D

Kong is 7 inches tall, modified from a cast made by DanLovesTikis/Wendy

Display stand is wood with a plastic sacrificial virgin. Overall display is 5x7x8 inches.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-04 11:17 ]

TB

Grog... I think we can make a plan here :wink:
because... I had the same idea long time ago and You got it :)
let see if this combinaison may interest somebody :wink:

for men

for women :wink:

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2011 2:39 AM

Oh, that is just TOO cute! Awesome Bai.

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2011 9:25 AM

Perfect pair! Produce these now Bai and Grog or forever lose your peace with China :wink:

O

love the shirts.
Quick note to everyone who reserved one of the mugs from the show here online, been swamped with work and two shows this weekend, will contact everyone one with purchase info next weeks. thanks for your patience, Cass

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 9, 2011 9:40 AM
G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 9, 2011 5:56 PM

Cutesy Bob is sold.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-10 09:34 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 10, 2011 9:35 AM

PRIMITIVE BOB is sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160568392169#ht_500wt_1156

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-13 18:22 ]

DAN did a great job modeling for the 'South of the Boarder Bob' Wendy! YOU did a great job of capturing his likeness...it's nearly as handsome as HE is!! You're a CLEVER LADY...Keep it up!!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make Mine a MAI-TAI!).

Hi James, Dan appreciated that comment. Thank you from me as well. Is there another issue of Pocketiki coming out? We love your magazine. Cheers, Wendy

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2011 11:21 PM

A little late to the game, but Trader Tom decided to play. Him come to GROG house and play in mud. GROG had a blank Bob body and Tom do rough sculpt for "Outrigger Bob".

Based on the the Outrigger Mug.

Pages: 1 2 58 replies