Dr. Z and Z Girl
trustar
king kuke
Atomic Cocktail

Anybody else playing "hookie"lau?

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2003-06-22 23:51 ]

I'll be there on Monday!

:tiki:

Is this in California or Florida or both??

I am assuming this is for the Disney Tiki Room. I have been trying to check this out and can't really find any info?
what's the dillio?

It's for the 40th Anniversary at Disneyland, CA - Florida didn't even open until many years later...
D-land isn't doing anything official to commemorate it, so Kevin Kidney put together a flyer that was circulated at Tiki Oasis reminding everyone to go on the 23rd.
We might go on Sunday instead though - due to work scheduling...

Family Bong would be into the Sunday outing.

Off topic: I hate to correct people's posts (since I have horrible grammar and spelling) but the term is "dilly, yo", not "dillio" or "dealio" as most people I've met think it is (As is "What's the dilly, yo?"), although it does amount to meaning "deal".

It's been around for 10 years at least in the ghettos, and has been slowly bubbling up into pop culture over the last few years.

Sorry, I just had to offer that up.

Thanks, Hanford, I was wondering why people were talking cryptically about armadillios.

--Lisa

T

Ugh, I'd love to be there....but living 400 miles away and having to work long hours means I won't be there. :(

I guess my celebration was last fall when we all went there and Maynard was workin' it!! What fun that was!!

Have fun celebrating the awesome Tiki Room anniversary- I'll be there in spirit! :)

...and I hope they put out that Tiki Room tiki mug soon- it's VERY cool!

I will definately be there as June 23rd is my birthday. My wife and I are going to visit the Tiki Room then dine in club 33.
What a birthday!

M

On 2003-05-21 13:21, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Off topic: I hate to correct people's posts (since I have horrible grammar and spelling) but the term is "dilly, yo", not "dillio" or "dealio" as most people I've met think it is (As is "What's the dilly, yo?"), although it does amount to meaning "deal".

It's been around for 10 years at least in the ghettos, and has been slowly bubbling up into pop culture over the last few years.

Sorry, I just had to offer that up.

Hanford Lemoore: Straight G from tha mutha fuckin' streets. Mountain Vizziew is representin'.

:)

-martin

Lets have a big B-day Party!!!!! We can make a card, wear B-day buttons, wear hawaiian shirts and have din din at the Plaza Inn! I'll even buy the cake. We can start early Monday and never leave the Grand Dame alone- I suggesteed this on LP-not knowing about Tiki Central-so let me know if I am out of line....

Wow! You'll even buy cake? Coooool!

Ummm....who are you?...and Welcome to Tiki Central!

SugarCaddyDaddy

I'm PoohBunny and my husbunny and our friend Laura will be there all day! And, if you all can get a head count and we can all agree to eat at Plaza Inn around 7 ish, then I will have them make a B-day cake for Tiki's B-day. If Cynthia Harris doesn't respect our grand old dame (figures, there's not much merchandising for her now that the Tahitian Terrace is closed) then we will show her how much we love our beloved Tiki Tiki Tiki Room :)

My Socal Annual pass blocks me for most of June otherwise I would be there. My pass expires in October. Maybe I could organize another day after the busy season.

My wife and kids were just there today (while I was at work). My 2 and 4 year old came home singing "Lets all sing like the birdies sing... Tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet."

Man was I jealous.

Monkeyman

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon, in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room. (Disneyland)

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-05-29 23:04 ]

Pooh,

i posted it on LP a while back under meets - where did you post?
http://www.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-35798-P-1&Refresh=0531141026

Just got the scoop on a cool Tiki-Room 40th anniversary wristwatch which will be available at Disneyland the weekend we're there. Here's my post on it in the Collecting Forum:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4164&forum=5&0

Sabu

Mr. and Mrs. Larry Lava (better know as Peter and Mary) are going to come to the Tiki Room Anniversary! We wouldn't miss it! We are coming up from Fresno after work on Sunday morning but will be at Disneyland Sunday evening and all day Monday. Tiki-riviera how did you ever get into Club 33? It is my life-long goal. I often joke about what I would do to eat dinner in there one night.

LarryLava, the secret to getting in is .... you gotta bring "Paul" with you. Sorry Peter, just messing around. Bong is such a bad influence.

chikitiki,

were you talking about me? my name happens to be Paul. funny

larry lava. My wife works for a law firm that has a corporate membership and allows any employee to make a reservation thru the firm. I can't wait, apparently Walt was a huge chocolate fan, as am I, and the restaurnat has a large chocolate dessert menu.

Okay Folks, here's the scoop. I don't know what you all are planning, but if a group wants to get together at the Plaza Inn for dinner around 7 on that monday, I will order a 1/4 sheet cake celebrating the Tiki Room B-day. But you gots to let me know by Thursday Midnight and I'll order the cake on Friday, provided they will let me do it that late, but we'll see, and I'll see what I can do about them letting us reserve a part of the Inn. But you got to decide and you got to let me know or I am staying home! I'm off to spend a week at Disneyland (hence why if nobody will join us, I'm staying home)

[ Edited by: PoohBunniesHutch on 2003-06-15 07:52 ]

We will be happy to join in the Tiki Room festivities on Monday if it happens! We will be there for sure either way and would definitely join any tiki celebration! So count us in for cake or whatever if there is enough interest. We will probably also be there Sunday late afternoon/evening if anything is happening Tiki Central-wise.

DZ

O.K., so who is going when? Z-Girl and I can make it Sunday or Monday (or both). Anybody else?

I'll be there on Monday!
:tiki:

i'll be there on monday...
ALSO i added an RSVP list to the first post.

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2003-06-19 18:55 ]

To those who RSVP's thank you- the party is on. We will be meeting at the Plaza Inn for dinner around 7 on monday, June 23, 2003 (dinner is on your own-and we each need to buy dinner) If you are coming, you have until 6pm today to rsvp as they are trying to let us cordon off an area where we can eat and enjoy each other's company. See you all there! PS: I'll be the one with the cake! There is only one cake and its a half sheet, so if you come late, you might miss the cake :( ANd since there is only one cake, its first come first served!

T

Hey all

We are in.

Paul
"Trustar"

T

Does anyone have plans for any meet up times through the day Monday? Would love to be able to get some ohana pictures of as many of us together as we can.

Trustar

M

Kevin and Jody will be at Disneyland (with a car-full of friends) at about 2:OO pm on Monday. Hope to run in to a bunch of you there!
Bring along cameras to record the sights for posterity!
And brush up on those lyrics for the sing-along parts -No hummers!

M

Hey, is King Kukulele coming too??

just got word - i'll be chauffering the king!

Okay, so the final RSVP list for dinner at 7 at the Plaza Inn is posted and the cake is already and we will see you all there at 7. It looks as if they may cordon off one of the Victorian sun rooms for our little party. Get your meal first, then find us. I'm the short fluffy one wearing my tinkerbell visor and eyeore is the tall handsome one wearing clothes. I made a b-day card today that we all can sign. We will have at least one VP guest from the DLR and we may have a couple of more- so we'll see you there!

Pages: 1 31 replies