Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki / Facebook group

Post #566288 by bigbrotiki on Tue, Nov 23, 2010 8:41 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

I appreciate the notion of supporting a Tiki fan who is serving this country -while we go to parties. However, it seems to me that Tiki Central has been pretty anemic lately in terms of new content, and posts in general. This maybe partly because these days, folks have more important things to worry about, which is absolutely valid. I believe though that it is also because of the fragmentation effect that Facebook is having on groups like Tiki Central: On Facebook we can much more specifically choose our circle of friends, and we are more the creators of our environment. We do not have to contend with people who do not agree with us, and can express our individual selves more specifically. But since many of us spend too much time on the computer already, Facebook time gets deducted from other internet groups. These groups splinter into many mini communities, making larger sites less and less frequented, while people retreat into their own private Idaho. So I believe that for whatever valiant reason, solicitation of participation on other sites should be kept to a minimum.

I am not saying do not write this guy, I am just providing food for thought.