Pages: 1 11 replies

DZ

Like beer?
Like milking cows?
How 'bout sawing logs?
Drinking beer?
Holding beer steins?
Dancing like a chicken?
Eating sausages, pretzels and sauerkraut?
How 'bout drinking beer?
Got a dirndl or lederhosen just hanging in your closet begging to be worn?
How 'bout any other 'non-traditional' headwear that you just can't wear anywhere else?
Like being in an environment where public drunken behavior is not only permitted, but encouraged?
(BONUS: Do you know what "electrolysis" has to do with any of this?)

If you answered YES to any/all of these questions, well, hold on to your keg-hat and styrofoam stein my friend, because the time has come! Yep, I drive by it every day - the tent is up!!

The Opening Night of Alpine Village Oktoberfest is Friday, September 10, and it continues every weekend (Fris & Sats, 6-1, Sunday 'Family Day' from noon - 7) until October 24.

The A.V. website doesn't have a link for free admission coupons anymore, but you can now buy your admission as an advance e-ticket, saving you (literally) hours of waiting to get in! If you're interested in going at any point, just post here and we can set things in motion!

Aloha wear required. Raccoon-head hats and/or pharoah head-dresses optional.

OktoberFIST: A TikiCentral tradition since 2002!

Fake Heino!

Prost!!

SHUNKELING!!!

Anyone going on the 16th or 23rd?

Can't go on the 16th, but the 23rd sounds likely. (After garage-sales, of course).

TS

Sabu/ Z...Do they still allow you to bring your own drinking mug and fill it up, and how strict are they on whether it is a stein or mug?

DZ

(Sorry about the last minute notice, but I forgot I'd made this thread!)

OK, keeds - this Saturday (the 23rd) is the LAST night for OktoberFIST 2010!

I have gone every weekend this year (ok, I missed ONE) and this weekend is the
last!

Come out for one last blast mit HEINO!!

A few tips & pointers, in case you decide to join us:
---You can get advance e-tickets online at (http://www.alpinevillagecenter.com/oktoberfest.html), but it doesn't save much time - the wait is the security check, not the ticket buying...
---park over at the K-Mart parking lot. Sure you have to walk a bit, but the Alpine lot is always crowded and cops have been hanging out at the exits as folks leave. Much easier to make a clean getaway out the back...
---beers are $11.00 for 32 oz., $6.00 for 16 oz., cash only, but there's a few ATMs available inside. If you bring a stein that is larger than 32 oz. they'll usually fill it for the 32 oz. price. (TomSlick: You can bring practically anything you want & they'll fill it with beer! Saw a guy there a few weeks ago with a glazed terra-cotta pot, probably about 3 gallons in size - seriously!!)
--Lots more food choices this year, incl. kettle-corn, funnel cakes, ginormous pretzels and an expanded meal menu.
--- the new 'host' for this year is obviously not the REAL "Heino" - he's actually a comedian, but his impersonation is absolutely hysterical! Plus, they do show videos of the real Heino on giant screens when the band is on break...
---although they've dropped the 'cow-milking' and 'log-sawing' contests, for the first time in at least a decade, the beer-drinking contest is back!! Free to enter - free 32 oz. beer!
---dress in some sort of goofy costume or headgear!

PM or post here if'n you have any questions!

The Good Doctor will be in der haus - will you?

Floratina, Atomic Cocktail, Arunas (guitarist for The Mighty Kegsmen) and I will join you Dr. Z and Sabu. Atomikitty is still up in the air I think.

Squid will be there as well, and maybe a couple other friends.

C

On 2010-10-21 17:54, Doctor Z wrote:

A few tips & pointers, in case you decide to join us:
---park over at the K-Mart parking lot. Sure you have to walk a bit, but the Alpine lot is always crowded and cops have been hanging out at the exits as folks leave. Much easier to make a clean getaway out the back...

Just a few more words of advice from a source I have.

If you are coming after 9:00, and south on the 110 freeway, the Torrance Blvd. ramp backs up as people are trying to get into the already full parking lot. I would sugest an alternate route. Perhaps taking the next off ramp, Carson street, then making a left to Figeroa, then go north on Fig to Torrance. Dr. Z is correct, the K Mart parking lot is the best spot. Plenty on ways in and out with plenty of parking. About 1 block away from Alpine Village. The K Mart lot is located on Figeroa and Torrance Blvd.

As far as the cops are concerned, this location is right down the street from the CHP office so you have officers coming and going all night long. Carson Sheriffs have been spotted hanging out on Figeuroa, so if you are driving, please be carefull.

Have fun, I have heard this is a real blast but it has been very heavily attended.

I followed the alternate route suggested by Chippy and the parking advice by Dr Z and it saved me much grief and frustration. Thanks for posting it.

Place was packed last night.

Pages: 1 11 replies