Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Vegetarian Food in Palm Springs

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

Is anyone familiar with any veggie-friendly restaurants in Palm Springs? My email address is: [email protected]
See you at Tiki Oasis. Thanks!

I would post your question on the ModCom message board: modcom.org

There's probably someone there who's going to the Tiki Weekend that would know.

M
mig posted on Wed, Jun 19, 2002 3:06 PM

Ask Otto! He and BabyDoe are both herbivores. (Vander is still in the milk-only stage, of course.) Anyway, give him a shot-- [email protected]. Email him pronto, he's leaving soon for Palm Springs and might not get his email if you don't write to him quick!

And of course, you could just ask them when you get there.

Hello!
Well, I've never looked for any Vegi-friendly places myself (sorry, the Chop House is one of my favorite stops), BUT according to my 2001/2002 Palm Springs Life Desert Guide, the following is listed for vegetarian...
Native Foods, 1775 East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs 760-416-0070....Their quote says "Vegetarian, the way it should be!"
Personal note: I looked on Mapquest online and it seems to only be less than 1/2 mile away.

Also, Jensen's Finest Foods, 102 South Sunrise Way, Palm Springs 760-325-8282. They are a full-service market & bakery. They are noted for "Farm Fresh Produce relied on by private shoppers, caterers, hotels and restaurants." If you've got a few extra dollars, and don't want to leave your hotel, they do shopping and delivery service too.
Personal note: On Mapquest, it shows they are only 1.9 miles away (4 minute drive).

Lastly, you might want to make your reservations now since Caliente Tropics says their "tenative lull time" is approximately 6 pm to 8 pm so that everyone can have dinner and be back for the last of the days events and not worry about missing anything. Remember, it's Saturday night in Palm Springs and if you don't have any reservations somewhere, you'll have quite a wait. I'll be there Fri, Sat & Sunday. Hope this helps!

Aloe Vera........... Good for the gut! It grow's wild there.

You can always try the Rock Garden restaurant.... not specifically vegetarian, but a pretty big menu, and they cater to lots of blue-hairs, so they can accomodate most any dietary restrictions.... and it is just a few blocks from the Caliente Tropics.....

Hell, go there to at least see the 70-something lounge singer that performs there on weekends..... he's a real kick! I always make an effort to dine there just for his performance.....!

Trader Pup

visit Traderpup.com

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-06-19 22:32 ]

Hi tikipop!

I just saw your post on the tikicentral message board and boy I wish I had seen it before. There is a good health food store/deli at Ramon and Sunrise about a mile from the Tropics.

BUT... THE best restaurant in Palm Springs - happens to be 100% vegetarian and 3 blocks from Caliente in the Smoke Tree Shopping Center - Native Foods. Oh well at least you know for next time... We got take-out and ate it by the pool Saturday night. You can sample their cuisine here in L.A. as they have since opened a restaurant in Westwood.

Happy eating and maybe we'll see you at Vegetable Delight in Granada Hills? I live there, too.

Pages: 1 6 replies