Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Babalu's Yipwan Drum Mugs - SOLD OUT - pg 2

Pages: 1 28 replies

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 4:47 PM

Hey TC,

As some of you might know, I am planning on participating as a vendor at Oasis this year in Artist's Alley. I don't have a ton of stuff to sell at this one, and am just kind of getting my feet wet to the whole Oasis thingy. I really want to meet some of you that I have not met before. All I have made this year to sell is 30 of these Yip wan Drum Mugs (and 3 AP's which are spoken for and not listed below)...this is all good, however, I have a small dilemma....

Let me introduce you to my daughter Nicky -

Nicky is "VERY" pregnant with my second grandson. She wasn't due to have the baby till the 28th, which is the week after Oasis, but - Her Doctor tells her last week that this baby wants out...and now! Who knows really when this kiddo will want to come into the world for sure...but there is a chance (a good one) that it could happen next week during Oasis. If Nicky does have the baby next weekend, I will be with her at the hospital, and will not be able to attend the event. If she doesn't, I'll be there having a blast with the rest of you :)

I know that there are some out there that are interested in this mug, so-here's-a-what-I'm-a-gonna-do... I'm going to offer these guys up for sell now via PayPal prior to the show. If I have to miss Oasis, I will have Bowana, or Squid pass the sold mugs out for me. If I can come (fingers crossed), well hallelujah! Here's your chance to get one of these now if you cannot come to the show...you would just need to have someone pick it up for you at Oasis is all. If for some reason your not happy with your purchase once you have taken a look at him at Oasis, no problem, I will return your payment via PayPal as well the week following.

If you would like to order one of these mugs...Just leave a post indicating what number(s) you want and I will pm you with PayPal instructions. You will also need to pm me with whom will be picking the mug(s) up for you should you not be able to make the event.

The cost of each mug is $75.00, and all are a little different from one another. Here's what's left in the stable...

Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 14 the ghost drum, 20 the moss drum, 25 the sand storm drum, and 28 orangey are all 1 of 1's
Numbers 10, 19, 21, 23, 27, 29, and 30 are all a lighter Carmel brown type of color.
Numbers 7, 11, 17 are a dark grayish color (this is one of my favs...)
Numbers 9, 12, 13, 24, 26 have a rich Molasses hue to them.
Numbers 15, 16, 18, 22 have a rich rust type of coloring.
The picture at the top of this post is a good indicator of the 4 main colors beside each other

Oasis, or Baby...I am thrilled either way :)

[ Edited by: Babalu 2009-08-25 23:11 ]

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 5:00 PM

Number 2 is now gone - Thanks J

Someone's gonna be a grandpa again! You're already poppin' out a second and my first isn't due until Halloween :)

Congrats Babalu!

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 5:12 PM

Thanks Mike! Congrats to you too buddy... number 4 is now gone.

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 5:23 PM

Number 5 has just been sold. Thank you, thank you!

Folks it would be great if you could just post here which one(s) you would like...it's kind of a "you got in at this time" kind a thingy...but don't let that stop you - If you would rather just pm me off board, hey, I'm cool with that too :)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-08-09 17:59 ]

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 5:58 PM

sorry Kelly, ya just missed old number 4...

ummm.ok bummer.....

Howzabout Number 18?

[ Edited by: TIKI-TONGA 2009-08-09 18:27 ]

R

Hi Babalu,
Just PM'd for #20. Is that one still available? Thanks!

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 6:57 PM

Why thank you two :) ...18 and 20 are now gone.

S
squid posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 8:04 PM

Holy Moly! $75??? Such a deal! Grab them suckers quick. I know first-hand how much work goes into these beautiful drum mugs. Let's just say my fingers didn't function for a couple of days after helping Babalu work on these.

They turned out great Babs!

how about 17,

Babalu....# 19 is sold!!!! :)
Thanks Again!!!

[ Edited by: Meheadhunter 2009-08-09 21:29 ]

Whoa, Babs! At this rate, looks like you'll have an empty table at Oasis!

Da Master! :D

[ Edited by: blacksandz 2009-08-10 08:47 ]

B

Thank you!

Wow...it looks like I can add numbers 7, 13, 15, 17, and 26 to the list of mugs sold. If my math is right...that only leaves 10 left that I have to sell, and 1 over at Hank's (which by the way has the same $75. price tag on it)...again, wow.

Hey, this kid may be born before Oasis? I just had to rush Nicky down to the Hospital this morning. She is 4.5 cms now. It looks like they may send her home for a few more days? Doctor hasn't come in yet. Nicky might shoot me if she finds out I posted the below picture. :) That's my wife Amy - Babalu Babe #1 next to her there.

[ Edited by: Babalu 2009-08-10 17:13 ]

WOW!!!! What's the update Babs??

On 2009-08-11 01:50, Hiphipahula wrote:
WOW!!!! What's the update Babs??

Yeah Bab'z... yipwan stocks, daily hog report( pork futures) and a baby push trends, please?!! :D

B

:) :) :)

No baby yet. False Alarm!

My thoughts are that I will still be able to make Oasis...my wife, well, her gut says baby on Sunday. Ohhhh the suspense of it all!

Numbers 12, 23, and 29 are now SOLD. Thanks everyone!! I only have 7 left... Note: these mugs will never be made again. The 33 Yip wan mugs I have made is it...no more...on to the next mug.

I'm having some really nice boxes along with little cards made up for all of these mugs. Each card will be signed and numbered. I will post the artwork on the box and the card tomorrow.

There is a good chance that these muggies could be gone before Oasis...which would mean, if I'm able to go, I will just be able to set them up on a table and pass them out as the new owners come to collect them.

I guess I'll bring some clay and have myself a little Clay Jam in Artist's Alley :)

B

It looks like numbers 10, 12, 23, and 29 are sold :) Thank you all!

Only 5 left!! It's surprising to see a few of these remaining numbers go last? Some of them are my favorites...goes to show what I know :) The ghost mug and the sand mug are 1 of 1's...they look much better in person.

Will update a few pictures in a bit...

save the ghost drum!
you could put the baby in there and carry it around!

Congrats on a successful run on these works of art...

B

Congrats Babs and Amy. Way to go selling all the mugs (well almost but it's a given) you are on fire! Well deserved.

B

Why thanks Ben and Kinny...you guys are the BEST!!

Well, I officially sold out a few minutes, or so into the opening of Artist Alley on Saturday.

Thank you TC for all your support!

On 2009-08-10 15:53, Babalu wrote:
... and 1 over at Hank's (which by the way has the same $75. price tag on it)...again, wow.

Nope!

Ol' #16 was sold prior to Oasis weekend to an anonymous collector.

Congrats gramps! Come in here, Dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far...

Babalu, great to meet you Saturday! your mugs are stellar! thanks again!

Amy

PS....Baby???

Babalu- Congrats on selling all your mugs.I saw a couple people at Oasis drinking
out of them and really regret not picking one up when I had the chance.They look
even better in person.If you do make a second run or slightly different version,
please put me on a list.

B

[ Edited by: Babalu 2009-08-25 23:10 ]

Killer lid and killer mug.I still need to get Cammo to make me a hat ...damn it.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-08-25 18:18 ]

Pages: 1 28 replies