Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Maikai Gents & Chikitiki This Month!

Pages: 1 17 replies

IG

Alooooha, Friends!

We've got some exciting shows this month and we hope you'll be able to come share in the fun!

Tuesday, April 15: Lava Lounge is the place to be. Relax with a soothing tropical cocktail as we play some new oldies and old favorites on the stage decorated by the fabulous artist, Chikitiki! His art and carvings set with our island harmonies create a mood you'll not soon forget and desire to relive. Lava Lounge is at 1533 N. La Brea just north of Sunset. Doors open at 9:00PM and we'll begin soon thereafter. It'll be only $4 to get in, but if you bring our flyer, the price drops another one dollar! Please e-mail us if you'd like to be sent a flyer.

Saturday, April 19th: Iuka Grogg and his ukulele will be appearing at The Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas! The event is Mondo Tiki ( http://www.mondotiki.com ) and Iuka will spend the day strolling, strumming and singing poolside at Vegas' best swimmin' hole. As dusk settles on the city, he'll take the stage with The Thurston Howlies ( http://www.cherrycapri.com ) for a set of tropical and jazzy enjoyment! Here are some photos from a fabulous night of music and nuttiness with us and The Howlies: http://www.cherrycapri.com/lavalounge/

Tuesday, April 29: The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa return to Lava Lounge. All the above information applies to this show, too. What fun we'll all have!

These shows are featured attractions on the Los Angeles Times' Calendar Live. Please see http://events.calendarlive.com/top/1,1419,L-LATimes-Home-!EventDetail-71751,00.html

We can't wait to see you and sincerely hope you'll join us for these magical evenings of island ambiance. Aloha attire is encouraged! Until then, sway your hula hips over to http://www.mkgents.com and please sign our guestbook.

Mahalo,
The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

[email protected]

IG

Aloha, again! That link to calendar live came out kind of kookoo. If you cut and paste the whole link into your browser, it seems to work fine. Thanks, gang!

-Iuka Grogg

M

UGH!! My posse and I will just miss you Iuka!We are heading back north this Monday. Hope to see you at the Tiki Ti tommorrow at 8pm or earlier.--bruce

I thought the Mike's were on vacation till the 16th? Help me out Pop, right....?

thechikitiki wrote:
I thought the Mike's were on vacation till the 16th? Help me out Pop, right....?

Chiki~
Yes, you are right! You, me and Pop were there at Tiki-Ti's the night before they went on vacation (March 22nd).

BRUCE!~ Tiki-Ti won't open again until NEXT Wednesday, April 16th.

Bookmark Tiki-Ti's Website for schedule

I had no idea Bruce & The UGH Bunch were in town!

CalendarCheckin'CaddyDaddy

A

Shelley and I are flying to Hawaii Friday morning. We're staying in LA tonight. Since Tiki Ti is closed, how about Vic's. Anyone?
Mahalo,
Al

Thanks Chiki/SCD, I knew they were closed for vacation but I just didn't remember the dates. What time are you guys thinking for TV's tonight?

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 07:24 ]

Hey folks, TV sounds fun, but the missus and I were talking last night, and we are going to get our drink on with Suicide-Sam. He needs a break from his workload. Oh yeah, we are heading over to Alex's bar in the LBC on Anaheim st.

I sure could use a Trader Vic's fix right about now, but I'll be working in OC tonight. Sorry I'll miss out. Have a great time in Hawaii! I hope to see those of you who are not in Hawaii on Tuesday at Lava Lounge!

-Weird Unc

I'm going to be in Culver City at about 7:30pm tonight, so I would be free and willing to meet you guys at Vic's at 8:00pm if that ends up being the plan.

Sabu

The Lava Lounge is gonna be happening on tuesday folks. What will I give away ? Suggestions?

Chiki - How about making an award or two of your mugs (I hold mine - pausing to grasp and hoist the mug full of nectar aloft right now) the tiki peoples will be pleased. no doubt.

floratina has recovered from the o.c. crawl and is back!!! i missed you.

Rumor has it that Cherry Capri will be making a guest appearance with The Maikai Gents at Lava Lounge on Tuesday! This is gonna be some show!

-Iuka

Rumor Confirmed! Cherry Capri will be favoring us with one of her favorite numbers tomorrow night! Chikitiki is all set with beautiful stage decor and doorprize. Now all we need is you! Crooning, dancing, and audience participation tippling, we're having a luau! On behalf of Peni Hana, Kiwini Hekili Hoku, Mika'ele Loco Moco, and The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa, this is Iuka Grogg wishing upon you the spirit of Aloha. See you at Lava Lounge.

Aloha! The boys in the band are too modest to announce this, but they went out and got new outfits for tonight's show. So be sure to tell 'em "nice shirts!" when you see them. They all match. It's very cute. Mahalo, my friends.

The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

M

thechikitiki wrote:

Chiki~
Yes, you are right! You, me and Pop were there at Tiki-Ti's the night before they went on vacation (March 22nd).

BRUCE!~ Tiki-Ti won't open again until NEXT Wednesday, April 16th.

Bookmark Tiki-Ti's Website for schedule

I had no idea Bruce & The UGH Bunch were in town!

=====Because about four times in a row I went to the Tiki-TI and they were closed, I figured that I would be smart and call the Tiki-Ti first to make sure they were open. On Wednesday I dialed their number and a man with a heavy accent answered and it sounded like he said "tiki". I said "is this the Tiki-Ti?" and he grunted a quick "yes". I asked him if they were going to be open Thursday and hey replied "yes, alll day long". I thought that this was a little weird because the Tiki-Ti is open nights and evenings, but maybe that is what he meant. He did say he was the Tiki-Ti.
My guess is that either I dialed the wrong number OR a burglar who was ransacking the place answered the phone!!---oh well, maybe next time...

M

Oh, I just got a chance to start reading emails today, so if anyone went to Trader Vic--I hope they had a good time without us (sniff)

Pages: 1 17 replies