Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ever wished you had a time machine?

Pages: 1 9 replies

Google made one. I think they may have made it just for us.

Try going to Google's news timeline, entering "1963" for the date, and "Polynesian" for the search term.

If you don't hear from me for a while, send a search party to 1963.

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2009-04-28 10:46 ]

St. Petersburg Times - Feb 21, 1965:

Armed with a new Kodak 800 and a couple of beauties dressed in native costumes, Jo made a tour of the gardens photographing everything in sight. Out of some 36 exposures on her first roll, half were chosen for publicity pictures. One of them illustrates this column.

"Jo" is Jo Byars, wife of Frank Byars, who together owned Tiki Gardens in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida.

W

I do have a time machine..... I just can't find the right size batteries to make it go.

D

Wow, that's mind boggling.

T

HEYO!

Wow, this is amazing.

T
TS

Could this be the end of microfish? I do research from old filmstrips of our local paper. I've copied and printed out all polypop interests. I hope google is able to get the LA Times, Los Angeles Herald Examiner, and the Independent Press Telegram archives...That would be months, if not years worth of printable goodies!

W

The loss of microfilm searching would not be a GREAT loss. . .It's a pain to go to the library, dig out the film, read, read and read. . .generally there is no index.

Our local paper went to a online searchable format some years ago. (its a pay service), but using it I have been able to discover lots of stuff I had not otherwise found. Take a look:

http://newsok.com/home/archives

It will allow you to search and see headlines for free. It is really a big improvement.

Pages: 1 9 replies