Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki / velvet paintings

Post #668059 by Psycho Tiki D on Wed, Feb 20, 2013 6:56 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

On 2013-01-18 10:09, Aquatic Safarinaut wrote:
Last night I went to pick up these....

And I ended up with these too....

They are from the Coral Reef in Sacramento. I know that they are copies of the originals but they are exceptionally well done copies...
Is anyone familiar with the artist Eddy Joe Martin?

The Frames are really cool too! The backing that the velvet was mounted on has warped and the velvet is hanging loose so I could use some advice on remounting to new backing...

Cheers,
John

I have no doubt the seller's items were from the Coral Reef, however I am afraid these and the items I saw a couple months ago were not from the Sacramento location, but the Millbrae location.

I went to the Coral Reef in Sacramento and I don't remember any of the things this seller has in the Sacramento location.

If you look closely at few images of the interior and exterior of the restaurant and hotel in Sacramento you do not see any of the items the seller had or that were purchased by others in them. The seller thought the Tiki was from the hotel, but if I remember correctly the hotel was devoid of Tiki.

The closest matching items were the dinner table lamps with the shades that were signed by customers that visited; perhaps that was duplicated in Millbrae?

The Tiki they are selling for $3,100.00 is nowhere to be found in any of the Sacramento images and I don't recall one like that there.

No doubt the seller has some treasures and no doubt from the Coral Reef, I just don't think these were from Sacramento.

PTD