Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki / Beware of this seller:

Post #421337 by woofmutt on Sat, Nov 29, 2008 7:33 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
W

"Do you realize that, in theory, it's as illegal for you to use the Brady Bunch name to sell your replica tikis as it is for someone to copy your design and sell it as their own..." -Hot Lava-

"I can understand that. That is why I don't list them as "Brady" on ebay anymore. On here...sure I do." -buddylove-

I have no connections with any of the parties in this "dispute" but as a long time member of Tiki Central I really don't appreciate your product being sold "on here" under a name which you don't actually have a right to use (Brady Bunch). What's the difference between eBay and Tiki Central?

I saw your posts in the past and had assumed the Brady Bunch piece was a licensed item. Not caring for non-original mass produced pieces I would never have looked at your posts had you not started this thread.

I'm sure your original artwork would be more than welcome here, Tiki Central members are always looking for new pieces from new artists. Since you said you've sold many of the Ku pieces without mentioning the Brady Bunch connection I see no reason for you to mention it on Tiki Central if you haven't acquired the rights to do so.

I completely understand your outrage at direct copies being made from your actual work, I'd just be far more sympathetic if you weren't also taking advantage of someone else's work (in this case the Brady Bunch TV show).

That said, I've appreciated the general tone of your posts on this thread. You've behaved politely and given detailed answers to questions, even ones which were probably asked in jest.