Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki / Tiki Restaurants • The Big Ten • Middle of the Night update for DC!

Post #414560 by TIKIBOSKO on Mon, Oct 20, 2008 9:31 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

Hello all sorry for the delay I saw this post a few days ago and I have been looking thru my sticks but my day job gets in the way of things, I know I have some sticks that I can’t put my hands on so. I’ll post a few now, if there are any problems sorry I lack computer skills Truus is working on a new CD I am flying solo here.

First; yes Sven you are right and wrong, the swizzle below we concluded was a Milan Guanko inspired Tiki but mine is from the “Chrysler-Plymouth 100 Day dash” not Ren Clarks. But you are correct it probably ended up as a stock design (in this case) at Beacon the were one of the biggest swizzle manufacturers in mid century America, the good news is they used to do 18 (or so) different colors so imagine what is out there waiting for urban archeologists?

Next; A Tiki Bob stick I nearly had a heart attack when I found this one I have never seen another and had always assumed they didn’t have a stick, it looks a little later (era wise) with just the logo stamp.

Last; The Luau there are at least 20 different colors of the Luau stick here are four, but below if the harder to find Luau spear!

My very best alohas

Bosko