Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Swizzle Sticks and Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 9 replies

Nice article in the San Francisco Chronicle about Swizzle Sticks, and how Forbidden Island has helped revive the tradition.

*The swizzle stick has been one notably absent element from the current mixological revival. So it was a joy to find Cate and his team in Alameda not only resurrect them, but to do it right. If you look at the above example, you'll see they've not only flawlessly telegraph the tiki theme with the head atop the stick; they've also nailed the typeface and even the small-type mention of their location, a hallmark of a classic swizzle stick.

The only thing better than reviving a lovely old tradition is doing it right.*

Read the full article here ....
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=54&entry_id=30010

nice swizzle!!!

The article is brief but well done and the Forbidden Island Swizzle is very well done.

yes , great stick!
It's about time somebody brings this to the headlines!

Any one want one? I have several boxes...

DISCLAIMER: this is a joke. Do not ask me for Forbidden Island Swizzle Sticks...

T

That Swizzle is da shizzle (word!)

Sweet, sweet swizzle! Anybody know the producing company/ website/ etc.

Swizzleicious! I'm thirsty.
Aloha,
:tiki:

that made me realize after my drunken haze of a night my 2nd time there.
I forgot my swizzle stick and my comb, from the Combover drink. in Tiki Tastic's van.
but I'm sure that I will be at FI a few more times to get more.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

Mahalo! Yeah, I just saw that post the other day- pretty cool- I've always been proud of my design, and it was nice to get props. I'm really big on the oversized letters! It was one of the reasons I had Danny make us a two-D rendering of his tiki as well, for things like this.

The manufacturer is Royer. The minimums are huge, so you might want to check with Mean Gene for smaller quantities for home use.

Thanks again for the post!

Pages: 1 9 replies